It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cosby Found Guilty in Sexual-Assault Trial

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: amazing

But he actually raped people.

And there lies the problem....needing two trials to suggest it was rape. If what he did was so bad why did the woman continue to see him after the incident? I don't think we are talking about a situation where he one dated people just to rape them. What many didn't seem to see as a big deal back when the events happened all of a sudden see it that way today. I wonder if someone who was into consensual bondage would have #MeToo women coming forward suggesting that person tied them up for sex if that person was extremely rich.

With that said I have no issues with him going to jail for a crime, I just wonder how much of it was considered a crime by the alleged victim(s) back when these things happened.

It's way more that 1 person or even a dozen. And most didn't keep dating or seeing him...some had to work with him or their careers would have been ruined.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Its reportedly 60 women that are accusers. The judge chose 5 to be witnesses and take the stand. All 60 women can speak before sentencing.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meniscus
a reply to: amazing

Its reportedly 60 women that are accusers. The judge chose 5 to be witnesses and take the stand. All 60 women can speak before sentencing.

That's what I'm saying. So many women. All different types of situations. One guy doesn't just get that unlucky to have met 60 golddiggers and mal contents. he really did bad things.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Should it not be public record if he was found guilty ? How was his official record concealed? Should he not be on the sex offenders list?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

He deserves no special treatment. He is found guilty of the crime he should do the time. Anyone of us would have to. Throw away the key. He needs to go to prison and get his pudding popped. He ruined many lives.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Watch out ladies, Bill C gonna give it to ya whether you want it or not.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The biggest surprise here is that Cosbys lawyer, Tom Mesereau, lost this case. He may be the best criminal lawyer in the country

He got Michael Jackson acquitted, Robert Blake acquitted, Mike Tyson acquitted and many others

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Moral of the story: Don't have heroes.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
i'm very dissapointed. I read this entire thread and not one jello puddin' pop meme.🙁

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Moral of the story: Don't have heroes.

"Don't call me a hero. Show me a hero and I will prove he is a bum" Major Gregory "Pappy" Boyington to the Press

Pretty much my motto as well

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
He’s facing up to a max of 30 years for the three counts, doubt he’ll get them.

I looked up the Pennsylvania Chapter 303 sentencing guidelines and for aggravated indecent assault with no prior convictions, it calls for 22 to 36 months. The judge can run them concurrently (serve all at the same time) or consecutively. Cosby is lucky that Pa is a judge sentencing state, as opposed to a jury sentencing state. In Pa, the judge is not bound by the guidelines, but most judges will not depart from them.And when multiple convictions arise out of the same course of conduct with the same victim, it has been my experience that judges don't usually stack the sentences consecutively but instead go to the top of the guidelines or go a little over. I'm guessing it will end up with somewhere between 5 and 12 years. In fact that could be what the judge says. In Pa, the judge sets a minimum and maximum sentence. Parole eligibility is at the minimum, so if the judge says, "I sentence you to 5 to 12 years, he would serve at least 5 before any possible parole, and would max out at 12 years if never granted parole. Pa does not have a mandatory minimum for this kind of assault. His plan now is probably to keep appealing and staying out on bond until he dies of old age.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Add another to the long list of hypocrites that helped fuel the drug war hysteria...

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Who still here has control of their own mind?

If so simply look at the dayum picture of Bill
Cosby's accuser Andrea Constand. Just use
Google to look up her picture.

This person named Andrea Constand is a man.

Bill Cosby was found guilty of assaulting
a woman, yet it's obvious to anyone that's
not blind that his accuser named
Andrea Constand is clearly a man.

I'm not trying to be a comedian, it's freaking
obvious to me our psychopathic perverse
media machine is making a fool of the
American people.

I pity those who believe any of this nonsense
disseminated by the psychopathic perverse media.

Disney could have produced a better scripted
program.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlaq
I pity those who believe any of this nonsense
disseminated by the psychopathic perverse media.

How delusional can one person be?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

She's not a man.
🙄

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: intrepid

I loved the Noahs Ark skit.

I want you to build an ark, Noah.
Right.....
What's an ark?

Me too!

We had that record when I was very young and must have listened to it 100 times. It's depressing to see your childhood idols accused and convicted of such a disgusting act. I have a hard time believing it to be honest but it's not my place to judge the man. I have many great memories of laughter thanks to Cosby. I think he is senile at this point which makes it even sadder.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: 3n19m470

After hearing him talk, a while back, he doesn't sound like he has a sound enough mind to even be standing trial at this point.

I'm glad that all those women are getting "justice", but it just doesn't feel right for him to die in prison.

It's the age old question of whether the penal system should be based on punishment or rehabilitation. If it's intent is punishment, then I reckon Cosby should find himself behind bars. If it is rehabilitation, what's the point? He certainly poses no threat to anyone today, so hack his estate apart in civil court and be done with it.

It is about both.

It is also about prevention, letting those considering crimes know that they will face punishment.

He should go to prison, and as he does so, be thankful that he got to enjoy decades of riches and leisure that he did not deserve.

Perhaps being the father of a 10 year old girl colors how I view predators like him. And, believe me, I "want" to like Cosby as much as anyone, as I was a fan and someone who saw him as a huge asset to American culture. But, I cannot "like" or even "Feel" for a man who preyed on women like he did, paid them off, denied, lied, etc.

My usual compassion for even criminals is set aside bc of all those years of good life "stolen" - so he can die in prison as far as I am concerned.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Did the people who he was alleged to have raped go to the police and make a complaint the morning after? if not the verdict is unsound.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Many women who are raped, never report it. It's a hard thing to admit to (being raped).
It doesn't mean it didn't happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join