It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cosby Found Guilty in Sexual-Assault Trial

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania—Bill Cosby was found guilty of all charges in a sexual-assault trial by a jury Thursday after 14 hours of deliberations.

Cosby was convicted of three counts of aggravated indecent assault for drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand at his Elkins Park, Pennsylvania home in January 2004.

Cosby, 80, faces up to 30 years in prison for the conviction on all counts. Even before the verdict, Cosby suffered an unimaginable fall from his perch as “America’s Dad” on the hit The Cosby Show in the 1980s after rising to prominence as one of America’s first mainstream black comedians.

Bill Cosby Found Guilty in Sexual-Assault Trial

Wow I can't believe Bill Cosby is gonna die in prison. What do you guys think? Justice served? Or another celeb who failed to tow the line got taken out by the elite?

I haven't really known what to think about this since it started. I'll admit, I don't know which way to go on this one. Maybe you guys and gals and enlighten me.

Edit to add- Since I took forever getting this posted (forgot about the glitch where you have to put a space after the final character in some ats fields), of course someone else beat me to it lol
So, here is another thread by ATS Member AndyFromMichigan if you would like to check it out in the ATS Current Events forum

edit on 4/26/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

Edit to add-
Other sources + related articles:

Fox news link
Cosby Verdict Sparks Reaction From Celebrities

CBS News source to Cosby Guilty story

NPR source

FOX News Link
Former Prosecuted Explains Why Retrial Went Differently

CBS Chicago source

TMZ source
edit on 4/26/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
He’s facing up to a max of 30 years for the three counts, doubt he’ll get them.
edit on 4/26/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

Well he's got another trial awaiting him in Toronto. So he just may.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
How long was Cosby under investigation...at least 5 years? How long did it take authorities to catch that rapist/murderer in California yesterday? Something like 40 years?

There's something broken with our judicial system. People die waiting for justice to be served.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

After hearing him talk, a while back, he doesn't sound like he has a sound enough mind to even be standing trial at this point.

I'm glad that all those women are getting "justice", but it just doesn't feel right for him to die in prison.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

You gotta think that with 60, count them, 60 different accusers all over the place, that this jury finally got one right. Hala friggin luya.
edit on 26-4-2018 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I'm glad that all those women are getting "justice", but it just doesn't feel right for him to die in prison.

How so? A criminal is a criminal. If he’d faced justice at the time of his crimes he could have potentially died a freeman.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I'm a huge fan of his early stand up and, well...

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

I think he's senile. I don't think a senile old man, guilty tho he is, should be in prison. Maybe a hospital? I don't know, it just makes me sad.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I think he's senile. I don't think a senile old man, guilty tho he is, should be in prison. Maybe a hospital? I don't know, it just makes me sad.

How about a prison hospital?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

How about the hospital wing of a prison?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I guess. I'm glad he was found guilty. We'll see how his sentencing hearing goes.

(post by Metallicus removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Cosby was always one of the funniest. There's been a widely talked about fact in the comedic world that the best comedians are those who have some manner of personal tragedy or demons chasing them. "Tears of a clown" comes to mind.

I'll keep my fond childhood memories of the Coz making me laugh.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

After hearing him talk, a while back, he doesn't sound like he has a sound enough mind to even be standing trial at this point.

It's the age old question of whether the penal system should be based on punishment or rehabilitation. If it's intent is punishment, then I reckon Cosby should find himself behind bars. If it is rehabilitation, what's the point? He certainly poses no threat to anyone today, so hack his estate apart in civil court and be done with it.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Die in prison? He’ll die before he does any jail time. Book it.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
I say ten years each count but served concurrently.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I loved the Noahs Ark skit.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

He's not senile.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
What I really don't understand is why he allowed himself to stand trial in the first place. He's worth somewhere north of $400 million... in his shoes I'd have hopped a flight to Morocco, the UAE, or Qatar and lived out my years there, free from concern over extradition and with enough money to live quite comfortably in a country that is relatively well to do. Stand trial? Hell no, not with those kinds of resources I wouldn't.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join