It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oaklahoma to use Nitrogen for executions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: doobydoll

Execution is not murder. Murder is the unlawful killing of another person. There are a couple of instances where killing is legal. This is what courts decide when murder trials happen.

Execution being one of them.

But it is premeditated murder when a person or group of people conspire to decide and arrange the death of another person. When govt does this or appoints others to do this, it's called 'execution', which is just 'law' word to justify legalised premeditated murder.

Different words that describe the same intent and same act.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

so is this pretty much like intentionally giving people "the Bends"?

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Next Tesla going up fill all the seats

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Darn ...... I was looking for a Liquid Nitrogen type execution where the condemned was flash frozen like the Hans Solo character was in the early Star Wars mythology series.

flash freezing the guilty would allow for the frozen corpse to be shattered into pieces like a plate glass window if the guilty perp. was a particularly low-life kind of mass murderer

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: penroc3
getting stuck over and over and over is a nightmare, even more so when nerves are hit. IJ/EJ's are awful even if ultrasound is used.

Tell me about it, I needed a blood test in hospital and Doogie Howser swaggered in, with the lights still off and tried over and over, inner arm, outer arm, hand, and I kept telling him to put the lights on. When he did, I said, now go where the nurse went yesterday, and he got me first go... then made a comment about how I was sweating.

Well most people would if someone was poking holes in them, hitting muscle, nerves, and generally being a 12 year old with lots of needles.

Useless hospital that was...

I can imagine those tasked with administering lethal doses of poison to crooks would care even less.

I had that experience once. Had to go to the university medical clinic to get a blood test done for sugar levels. Had to cross all the way across town at rush-hour with no breakfast, get to the clinic for 9am. The nurse didn't have any experience with drawing blood, couldn't get a line in and kept poking my arms with needles. Kept talking on about how viens were like "little monkeys". I was starting to panic, and was getting to close to crashing out.

Getting a vision test wasn't too much fun either. They injected various fluorescent coloured dyes into your bloodstream - basically magic marker chemicals then photograph your retinas. Have to sign a medical confirmation that there is the risk of being sick, suffering an allergic reaction, heart attack, brain damage or even death. So I'm sitting in a chair with my arm out, waiting for the medical wheel of fate to stop spinning.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp
I "woke up completely unconscious".

This sounds like a precursor to Astral Projection....

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

That's what I thought also.
Is it sick I'm disappointed?.
Yes

edit on 15-3-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
Simply shoot that person up with enough medical grade morphine or fentanyl and they will stop breathing. Done and done. Its foolproof, painless, and cheap.

My first thought. Easy peasy. Maybe they don't want to give them a short buzz before they go. If so that's stupid.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I would think they would use helium.

Does nitrogen not convulse the muscles similar to helium.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
In an interesting move the state of Oklahoma, citing a problem with obtaining medications necessary to perform lethal injections, is going to use nitrogen to perform its executions.

Nitrogen is not toxic per say but if used in increasing percentages it would be lethal causing hypoxia. Sea Level oxygen percentage is 21%. If you introduce a greater concentration of nitrogen the body will be starved of oxygen and succumb to hypoxia. Given the difficulties they hav ebeen having this may be a better way than lethal injection.

But:

1) What is all this nonsense about not being able to obtain vascular access on the condemned? I can get an IV into a dehydrated chubby infant which is a high degree of difficulty. Why are these guys so hard? They need better people. Or better yet, lidocaine the shin and drill an interosseous cathether. Done and done

2) This focus on this cocktail of drugs. The problem is the drug being used are no longer commonplace. Once they fall off of the emergency resuscitation algorithms they are difficult to obtain. Simply shoot that person up with enough medical grade morphine or fentanyl and they will stop breathing. Done and done. Its foolproof, painless, and cheap. Better yet, if you cannot get the IV, the drugs can be administered via enema.

I'm really perplexed as to why any of this is an issue. Nitrogen seems needlessly complicated

www.nytimes.com...

Is that what Hitler used???

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Just stick them in a room with a Good TV show and slowly put in nitrogen and they will fall asleep and die. Start with nitrous oxide so they can laugh themselves to sleep. Sounds way to cheap I suppose, nobody will make any money off that.

Or conversely you could make the offender watch endless reruns of How I met your mother. and that would drive anyone to prefer a death sentence and could speed up proceedings.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

originally posted by: rickymouse
Just stick them in a room with a Good TV show and slowly put in nitrogen and they will fall asleep and die. Start with nitrous oxide so they can laugh themselves to sleep. Sounds way to cheap I suppose, nobody will make any money off that.

Or conversely you could make the offender watch endless reruns of How I met your mother. and that would drive anyone to prefer a death sentence and could speed up proceedings.

That should be required if they want to appeal their death sentence. The lawyers representing these people also need to watch the shows for a week straight, twenty four hours a day.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Save money,put them in a bullet proof room,and toss in a few old WW2 hand grenades,depletes old ammo and scourge to society

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
When I read nitrogen I was thinking in the terms of a big vat of liquid nitrogen. My bad....

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

The problem's not with the drugs, it never has been. The issue is that no manufacturer/supplier wants to be associated with providing execution drugs (see: IG Farben after WWII), so as soon as they catch wind of their products being used for lethal injection, they stop selling it to the relevant state agencies. Which is why states are looking at alternatives like nitrogen.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

All of it is needlessly complicated. There was nothing wrong with execution by hanging, firing squad, or Old Sparky, so why in the hell did they ever need to go to lethal injection in the first place?

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Just put two of them in a room with weapons.
make a great TV show!

or use carbon dioxide.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I guess it's not good enough for people who have a hard time differentiating between justice and revenge.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
When I read nitrogen I was thinking in the terms of a big vat of liquid nitrogen. My bad....

Stick their head in a vat, pull it out, hit it with a hammer.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

All of it is needlessly complicated. There was nothing wrong with execution by hanging, firing squad, or Old Sparky, so why in the hell did they ever need to go to lethal injection in the first place?

There was the electric chair too. What happened to this?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join