It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parkland Students to President Trump: Stay ‘Far Away’ From Us

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Parkland Students to President Trump: Stay ‘Far Away’ From Us

Hussain imagined that Trump would “use this event to make himself look better politically.” “It’s not meaningful,” he added. “He’s the president and he should be speaking on what he’s going to do to make it better for next time. My friend group, Hispanic kids, black kids, they’re not caring for this at all. My dad is of the same idea.”

Another student who participated in Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (JROTC) with Florida shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz, but asked that he not be named, said most kids and people in town agree that Trump should not swing through.

“One big reason people don’t want him here was his speech yesterday and tweet of his,” the student said. “Apparently [the president] said it was the kids’ responsibility to report Nikolas Cruz so in a way it was our fault… A lot of people aren’t happy about his visit.”

Several senior Trump aides expressed concern to The Daily Beast that Trump could potentially find himself in a situation in Parkland where he is trapped with grieving parents or students who harangue him about his administration’s position on guns, creating horrible optics and more negative press for the president. The same officials also voiced worry that the president’s response to such a situation could potentially make the situation on the ground worse, unintentionally. Asked for an explanation, one White House official referenced the incident when President Trump ended up making a widow cry when he meant to comfort her.

The kids and families are angry. Do you think Trump should visit and be his usual incoherent self and possibly say the wrong thing or will he visit and hope for the best?

What will Trump do if angry parents and students begin to ask questions he is unwilling to or unable to answer? Scream ..Fake News?
edit on 17-2-2018 by donnydeevil because: (no reason given)

+55 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
funny how they throw all this anger at trump, yet none at the shooter...

+25 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: donnydeevil

Do you think Trump should visit and be his usual incoherent self and possibly say the wrong thing or will he visit for and hope for the best?

I think we shouldn't politicize children's deaths.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

did you really just quote someone mad about a tweet with out knowing what the tweet actually said?

wow

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Maybe he can throw them some paper towels, make it all better

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
now this is Trump's fault too??

Come on. Let's try being more realistic.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I see the education system is working well.

Fools.

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Personally I don't think any President should be involved in any tragedies like this. That's what we have Governors and Mayors for. But somewhere along the way, some President somewhere decided to make local events his business. Now it's an expectation. I hope Trump *does* stay away, maybe we can start a new precedent.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Trump indicated in some roundabout way it was the students fault, according to the OP anyway, so there ya go..he does not have the tools needed to talk to grieving parents..he would be better served by not coming.
I'm not saying it's his fault either.
edit on 17-2-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Gun free zone, Cruz passed the background dictated by law, and it's Trumps fault.

They have the right to grieve.

They have no right to be STUPID about it.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
funny how they throw all this anger at trump, yet none at the shooter...

Because when we mention the shooter, his affiliations come up, and then the white identitarians on ATS pull the race card for bringing up the shooter's racist ties.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Maybe he can throw them some paper towels, make it all better

What do you mean by this?

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

What racist ties?

None
edit on 17-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Some butt-hurt teenagers don't like Trump.

Some butt-hurt teenagers kill people.

Thankfully, they are a small percentage. They can hold up protest signs for a few minutes of fame on CNN. After that, life goes on.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Those kids are outright idiots.

“I can’t believe that pig is coming down here,” said Kylan Reynolds, 23, a graduate of Florida Atlantic University in South Florida. “The man is a coward.”

By action I mean urging legislators to stop listening to interest groups like the NRA and stop considering the rights of people to keep guns as a hobby over the lives of kidswho just want to go to college and get a job and be Americans,” she said.

I wonder where she got that talking point.

link   

Yeah! Forget all about their bull headed school Admin, who expelled that shooter, over a few rounds in his backpack. As I understand this, Gun Free Zone didn't have to be enforced to the hilt. That kid only brought a rifle to school when he meant business.

I just wish his lawyers would rev him up to go "Full Throtle, John Brown". It would probably get him hanged, just like old John, but he could put those Gun Free Zone Administrators on trial like Brown put Slavery on trial. "John Brown's Body lies a moldering in his grave, but his Truth goes marching on". Like the Biblical Sampson, he might bring down a lot of numbskulls. And getting back to Brown's raid, one of those Sharp Shooters, " Beecher's Bibles", rifles, in a Gun Free Zone, in Va., just might have bushwhacked "Bobby Lee", and shortened the American Civil War, by a couple of years, or so.

Brown shoulda kept a couple of snipers hidden in the backs of any troops storming the Armory. His 1853 Sharps didn't have a rapid enough rate of fire to mow down massed cavalry and infantry. AR's, and AK's do, so it's imperative to have armed teachers and staff, dispersed throughout schools, in order to shut down any Bataclan like school massacres.

And better school entrance security, is about the only way to stop people wearing suicide "martyrs" vests, from killing hundreds of students. But one thing might help. That is to use a two step fire alarm system. My old twelve story high, college dorm, had to do this after one too many midnight false alarms. The first alarm alerts the staff, who first verify it, and only then do they trip the general alarms, evacuating the buildings' complex. A couple of minutes more, but then everybody answers the evac. signal. So everyone goes out into the cold, quicker.

link   
And as usual..Trump is passing on the blame. Once again he does not know what he is talking about.

twitter.com...

Just like they don’t want to solve the DACA problem, why didn’t the Democrats pass gun control legislation when they had both the House & Senate during the Obama Administration. Because they didn’t want to, and now they just talk!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 17, 2018

So is Trump saying that now the Republican have both, they are willing to pass gun control legislation?

Blamed Democrats for failing to act to strengthen gun restrictions under the Obama administration

Trump signed a bill last year repealing an Obama-era regulation that made it more difficult for people with mental illnesses to purchase firearms.

Former President Barack Obama aggressively pushed for new gun restrictions, particularly after the deadly shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut in 2012.

After that attack, Obama announced a series of executive actions intended to strengthen gun control. Obama separately urged Congress to pass legislation addressing the matter.

Republicans have had control of the House since 2011, and regained control of the Senate in 2014.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Some butt-hurt teenagers don't like Trump.

Some butt-hurt teenagers kill people.

Thankfully, they are a small percentage. They can hold up protest signs for a few minutes of fame on CNN. After that, life goes on.

Life goes on until another nutcase takes a rifle into a school and kills more kids.

Meanwhile those in charge look to shift blame, it's only going to get worse with this kind of child's play .

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Fernandes, who lived in Connecticut during the Sandy Hook school shooting, said he was outraged that Congress had done nothing to restrict gun ownership.

Done nothing!

National Firearms Act

Gun Control Act of 1968

Brady Handgun Prevention Act

The one right there.

Ushered in the era of the background check.

The first time in over 200 years We had to get permission to practice a right.

edit on 17-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

So you ignore all the responses to you and double down on the ignorance?

Allrightythen!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join