It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Has Started Its Messy ‘Purge’ Of Neo-Nazi And ‘Alt-Right’ Accounts

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

That's not the topic though. It does not matter who they are. If Twitter is being for real the political leanings of the group would not matter. Calling for an armed revolution is clearly against the new rules there.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It seems to me that they are only banning the most extrem accounts.

I myself run an Alt Right account on Twitter and haven't been banned yet (I don't threaten anybody or call for voilence in any of my tweets).

The vast majority of users that I follow as well as users that follow me are alt-right / far right as well.

I have around 2800 followers. Since yesterday that number shrank by about 20, possibly due to the purging by Twitter. That's a reduction by merely 0.7% !

I follow around 4600 users. Since yesterday that number shrank by about 30, possibly due to the purging by Twitter. That's a reduction by merely 0.65% !

Twitter isn't totally stupid. The company can't afford to ban and lose too many users just because of their political and ideological opinions.

Ko3
edit on 19-12-2017 by kid_of_3NKi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I prefer to know exactly who the racists are, unless they are planning attacks through these accounts then they should remain usable.

But I am weird I guess.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

i's were government agents. Twitter is a private company.

wake up and stop being so brainwashed. Twitter is not just a private company, It Is an extension of the same elite that run the mainstream news, the bank and the shadow government. These changes are about control of information and that is about it.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Twitter controls NOTHING. If one wants to write some neonazi-crap like "JEWS SUCKS!" that person would have to find another website to post that crap. There is no law (in the USA) against this. If you don't like it that disney does not produce pron, you just go to another website. *bam* problem solved

Really not even going to bother to explain. As they say you can bring a horse to water but you cannot make it drink.

If you dont wake up you are part of the problem

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus
Obama?? are you kidding me?? Obama have been jet skiing with Richard Bronson for damn near a year.
Oh yah except for those trips to foreign countries where he griped and put down Prez Trump...ok.....

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Yes we do. ISP's raced to compete with Google Fiber.

That's why Google Fiber was shut down through legislation and the company gave up right?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
If this the stance they are taking, then surely the hate spewing extrimist muslims on twitter will lose their voice too. Will be interesting to see if they get the same treatment, considering they are by far the worst offenders.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

If Neo-Nazism and White Supremacy are such societal threats than why weren't they targeted and confronted when Obama was President?

The truth is that they aren't and haven't been an issue for many decades.

I don't see anything from the twitter ruling that is against Neo-Nazism. It's about violence against others, and promoting violence. Peace loving Neo-Nazis shouldn't be affected at all.

Why do people automatically assume that Neo-Nazis are all "hate" and "violence" promoters?

No doubt, some are, and those are the ones that get the "boot". But, the remainder are just as welcome on twitter, as any other peace loving person or group.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

If Neo-Nazism and White Supremacy are such societal threats than why weren't they targeted and confronted when Obama was President?

The truth is that they aren't and haven't been an issue for many decades.

Peace loving Neo-Nazis shouldn't be affected at all.

Why do people automatically assume that Neo-Nazis are all "hate" and "violence" promoters?

There is that whole "Nazi" part of their name. That might be part of it.

The only fun Nazis were in Mel Brooks the Producers.

edit on 19-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
awesome, looking forward to more

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I'm not a Nazi or anything, but if they censor (what they perceive to be) Neo-Nazi posts, what next once it works? Free speech will be right out the window. Hell, even if you look "Freedom Fighter" up in Thesaurus.com, it says that it's a "Terrorist", so who makes the call? This could get real bad, real fast, for a lot of Trump followers and Government watchdogs like conspiracy theorists. You see what they're doing here right?
edit on 20-12-2017 by IlluminatiTechnician because: because

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

I guess they can do as they please and # everyone else right ! its their company and im sure they want it to keep afloat so no sense in backing those who are deemed "unsafe" by the left

lest twitter face some backlash from the liberal left for supporting hate crime groups

thing is though you get a free speech site and its just full of idiots # posting each other with no actual real debate going on !
So people bitch and whine about free speech but when they have a free speech platform they just act like teenagers
and name call each other until someone commits suicide then its gets shut down for being to abusive

Also # trump and any other US president , he wants to make america great again , all he has to do is not spend one years military budget and with that 600 billion he could probably fix the world

edit on 21-12-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I agree, what does something that someone does off Twitter have to do with Twitter’s content?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Ironic your “act like teenagers” argument then you post “Fu@5 Yrump”.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Im an adult of 35 years, adults tell people to go # themselves all the time !

Donald Trump whether the president or not isn't a decent human being that much appears obvious.
So me telling him to go # himself really makes no difference in the grand scheme of things. My protest against Trump as a # human really is a drop in the ocean compared to how many americans detest the man.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Twitters basically being the fascist now if you can't see it you are blind..
Not sticking up for Nazi's but its going to lead to other suppression as well.
Controlling a massive website like twitter and restricting it content from reaching a audience because it is right wing is fascism.
Its not building a safe space its building a echo chamber that echo chamber is slowly becoming a new propaganda tool.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NobodiesNormal

people fight with violence when they are unable to fight with words.
censoring people does not discourage their ideas, it only empowers them and removes them from discussion about why their ideas are bad.

now is probably a great time to take out a short on twitter. ;D

They're removed from discussion because they repeatedly aren't receptive to "why their ideas bad." Also many of these topics are poisonous. For example, would you "discuss" with somebody calling for sterilizing or killing republicans? Why would you give the discussion exposure? It should be flat out rejected and the person banned if they can't listen to reason.
edit on 12/22/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kid_of_3NKi
It seems to me that they are only banning the most extrem accounts.

I myself run an Alt Right account on Twitter and haven't been banned yet (I don't threaten anybody or call for voilence in any of my tweets).

The vast majority of users that I follow as well as users that follow me are alt-right / far right as well.

I have around 2800 followers. Since yesterday that number shrank by about 20, possibly due to the purging by Twitter. That's a reduction by merely 0.7% !

I follow around 4600 users. Since yesterday that number shrank by about 30, possibly due to the purging by Twitter. That's a reduction by merely 0.65% !

Twitter isn't totally stupid. The company can't afford to ban and lose too many users just because of their political and ideological opinions.

Ko3

That makes more sense if it's about violence or terrorism. The title of this thread is misleading if what you say is true.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: amraks

Are the owners of ATS fascists for doing the same thing? removing any nazis spreading their filth is a good thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join