It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Has Started Its Messy ‘Purge’ Of Neo-Nazi And ‘Alt-Right’ Accounts

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I'm good with Twitter purging the hate groups, as long as they purge them all without bias

Do you consider them a hate group? Does Twitter consider them a hate group?

I don't follow them enough to know what they advocate or say on or off platform, or how Twitter considers them.

But if they violate the TOS and advocate violence, then yes, they should bear the same consequences.

Point was your post of the pic was not indicative of violent intent.
edit on 18-12-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

You know they just released the news. Reasonably everyone should give them time to ban those in violation. It will not be an overnight thing.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

That's why I said "It will be all telling if that account is still there in a day or two."

Odd they would miss an obvious one out of the gate though. Antifa has been front page news for some time now.

ETA:The two worst recent posts are gone, but the account is still there, even though the posts were made by the account.
edit on 12/18/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Then I guess we'll see what happens.

As I said, if they violate the TOS or advocate violence on of off platform, they deserve the same.

Granted, NeoNazis and White supremacists have been around a lot longer and are the ire of a lot more people, which is why they likely get the first, most obvious boot.

We'll see about the others.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

"The two worst recent posts are gone, but the account is still there, even though the posts were made by the account."

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

They hate liberals much more than they hate Nazis and the Klan

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
While I hate those guys, I'm against this, why?? because it won't be long before they come after liberal voices, as long as they are not inciting violence.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: testingtesting

They just like ATS are a private company and they have every right to do so.

Now if only the same logic applied to ISP's.

Do you really believe that ISPs should be able to regulate and control content?

They are private companies whom you pay for service.

Not saying I agree with it or not. We either treat all companies equally or we don't do anything at all.

There comes a point where private companies become so ubiquitous they are quasi public services and should be regulated in the same way as government departments, else the power they wield becomes toxic.

Then why was cable never regulated as such?

Because you had alternatives that weren't made irrelevant by cable. Satellite and free to air radio signals for instance.

If you want to tweet you need twitter. Its many people's first port of call for breaking news and opinion pieces

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Twitter is dying as it is. Blatant silencing attempts of groups they don't politically agree with will simply speed up the bleed out of their user base. The stars don't lie.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

If Neo-Nazism and White Supremacy are such societal threats than why weren't they targeted and confronted when Obama was President?

The truth is that they aren't and haven't been an issue for many decades.

Really? You haven't noticed the explosion of these folks crawling out of the woodwork in the last year or so? Hell, one just ran someone over in a car at protest not to long ago.

Yeah, I'd say they're a growing threat.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
"But muh Twitter!"

Cry me a river. Get tossed off Twitter? Go join GAB and pal around in your own little alt-right echo chamber. Everything is safe and make sense there.

Get tossed off Reddit? Go join Voat and pal around with all your alt-right, skinhead racist buddies. Everything is safe and makes sense there.

Yeah. The people crying "snowflake!" the most turn out to be the biggest snowflakes themselves. Funny how that works.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
White supremacist groups are not a threat....and havent beemln for a long time. There is likely more street gang members then WS members..... obama was the first black president.... what did the dangerous WS do..... NOTHING

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Moving these types of groups underground only makes them more dangerous. Let their ignorance be on full display for the entire world, so there isn't any doubts what they're about.

No such thing as underground on the net, even Tor can be peeled back.
Besides most of these alt-right types moved to Russian servers.
Now that their communications are on hostile foreign nation racks, Five Eyes & The Behemoth can pluck with impunity.
No Fourth on foreign soil.

K~

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Why aren't they purging the paedophiles and terrorists who use the platform?

Same for Facebook.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Wow.... its almost like germany i n the late 1920s when german commies were fighting the far right

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: Liquesence

Antifa Classified as Domestic Terrorists by DHS

Nancy Pelosi on 'Antifa': No Excuse for Violence

Well, this IS Trump's DHS after all. Not surprising he'd be OK classifying them as such, even though "they" aren't really a "thing" and more of an ideal/set of beliefs.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

That's a fake "Antifa" account BTW.

List of 100+ Fake Antifa Accounts on Twitter

The disinfo campaign is a lot more real than antifa itself.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I am none of those individuals, just a simple farmer struggling day by day trying dig his garden in the little sun light we get, Just recently I got hooked on twitter for over 7 months attacking Antifa,BLM, Hollywood,MSM Obama and HRC. and rarely get punished for posting my grief toward them, but it was a recent post which I stated I am so sick of the Nazi Loving George Soros destroying the world especially America and I think its time for those countries who has endured his attacks to rise up and make a stand against him, I feel if we take out Soros we solve 70% of the worlds problems. Just by saying that Twitter blocked me from twitter for 6 days and 24 hours. but when the fat cow Rosie O'Donnell called me a bastard from a pig and that America needs to kill my daughters so they wont infest our world, i was so upset when i reported her the twitter Gods said they could not find anything that violates their terms and conditions WTF! I am sick of FB,Twitter and Youtube Nazi brown shirts editing us out. We need to rise and put a stop to it...its not right.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join