It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd Guess maybe 5 Percent of those who watch the NFL stand for the Anthem. The hypocrisy is HUGE

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Oh good. Another liberal rant thread trying to make people feel bad about the anthem.

BTW, my kids think I'm weird standing at attention whenever and wherever we are when the anthem is played.

I also raise and lower my flag daily.

But I'm guessing the OP will find something wrong with that, too. They're upset that they picked the wrong side to be on, AGAIN.

Oh good. Another moron who thinks that his side is the "right" side just by virtue of him being on it.

Funny that such a supposed patriot seems to have a problem with one of the fundamental principals of the country, it the right to protest and freedom to express yourself. Why, it's almost like you're too dumb to look past the iconography of the flag and generic conservative talking points to actually consider any underlying issues at play. Maybe you're just too busy playing with your flag.
edit on 30-9-2017 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Nyiah

Because the are in public with a large group of their fellow citizens.

But a packed sports bar is not a large group of their fellow citizens and thus no ritual warranted.

You folks make zero sense, it;s obvious flag & anthem etiquette necessity is HIGHLY subjective to you. You just won't admit it.

But it is etiquette. That’s the point, no matter what anyone thinks of the flag.

Would you take your shoes off at the Taj Mahal, even though you weren’t Muslim nor Indian?

It is selectively applied etiquette. If it's not necessary for a packed bar to display the etiquette, then you must concede it's not necessary elsewhere large groups of citizens have congregated. You are arguing that the etiquette is unconditional while giving solid examples that it is indeed conditional.
Make up your mind.

“I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro’s great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen’s Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to ‘order’ than to justice,” King wrote.

MLK

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: kyleplatinum

I hear you repeatedly saying "it's not right" but that really doesn't carry any weight beyond being your opinion.

Neither you nor the teams "own" the players; they are acting in accordance with their beliefs and their rights. They're paid to play football, which is what they're doing 99.99% of the time during these games.

Kaepernick's motivations and understandings are his own.

Racial discrimnation in this country is NOT a false narrative.

The fact of Obama's presidency supposedly countering or ending all racial problems is among the dumbest contentions I've ever heard.

Why do the players have to do what YOU want them to do in order to show THEIR patriotism?

Perhaps you'd be well advised to review your own need to control the minute acts of other people, rather than merely projecting all this ... hatred ... onto players for showing an alternate kind of respect while still making a statement ... the subject of which, by the way, might actually be the focus of your ill feelings.

/shrug
edit on 30-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

I just think that's a pretty comparable situation to explain how I feel about this one.

I cant speak for others but as far as the flag code goes for me it's not really about that. The big flag in the middle of the field isn't about disrespecting it. A woman wearing a bikini flag isn't about disrespecting it. Even a dude in an American flag speedo isn't about disrespecting it, if anything it's about self degradation. They're comfort looking like a jackass while wearing the flag represents their ability to feel comfortable with their patriotism.

These code offenses read different to me than burning the flag or crapping on it. The kneeling thing well you have to understand the initial intent behind this was about how the flag and anthem doesn't represent the person of color in America. The flag represents the ideal of freedom and equality not necessarily the fruition. It's the I won't stand for something that doesn't stand for me sentiment.

Although Comey was wrong about how it pertained to his specific example, (intent only matters to the severity of the crime when talking about mishandling classified info, but still illegal without it), intent does matter.

While some may have just done it as a slight to Trump, they coopt a movement that was anti police and anti american while enjoying the comfort of cushy lifestyles. Some of us in the trenches that work hard and spend our money to provide that lifestyle for the sake of entertainment, which is to distract us from the bull we put up in our daily life, don't appreciate that.

Plus it's kind of ironic to protest the symbol that gives you that freedom while saying it doesn't represent you, don't you think?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
OP thought she had a Katie Couric moment with a "GOTCHA" statement. Turns out, not so much.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
OP thought she had a Katie Couric moment with a "GOTCHA" statement. Turns out, not so much.

And yet, OP has accomplished a galactic crapload more than little snipes with zero-content posts, huh?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus

Oh good. Another liberal rant thread trying to make people feel bad about the anthem.

BTW, my kids think I'm weird standing at attention whenever and wherever we are when the anthem is played.

But I'm guessing the OP will find something wrong with that, too. They're upset that they picked the wrong side to be on, AGAIN.

Oh good. Another moron who thinks that his side is the "right" side just by virtue of him being on it.

Funny that such a supposed patriot seems to have a problem with one of the fundamental principals of the country, it the right to protest and freedom to express yourself. Why, it's almost like you're too dumb to look past the iconography of the flag and generic conservative talking points to actually consider any underlying issues at play. Maybe you're just too busy playing with your flag.

Hey captain miss the point, Freedom of speech runs both directions people are free to protest, others are free to point and laugh.

edit on 30-9-2017 by Irishhaf because: Should not try to spell quickly after your third round of whiskey.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus

Oh look. Another non argument from a smug internet "intellectual".

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: rollanotherone

And yet, OP has accomplished a galactic crapload more than little snipes with zero-content posts, huh?

It sure got your feathers ruffled. But that's easy to do with you Griff. You're too emotional.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
There are different decorum rules for public and private. When I burp in public I say "excuse me", when I burp on my couch, I don't. Pretty much everyone who cares about the country stands in honor during the National Anthem when attending a sporting event. Just another liberal thread defending the anti-America crowd, I'm shocked.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
There are different decorum rules for public and private. When I burp in public I say "excuse me", when I burp on my couch, I don't. Pretty much everyone who cares about the country stands in honor during the National Anthem when attending a sporting event. Just another liberal thread defending the anti-America crowd, I'm shocked.

Exactly. But this logic doesn't work in the liberal mind. Also, while the left was flipping their collective crap over Trump's statements, I really have to wonder what he was doing behind the scenes. Like Dan Bongino said, his statement got the left to "show their a$$e$". Trump knows how and what to say to distract the left. In one tweet, he got the NFL players to bend the knee.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
NBA reminds teams players need to stand for anthem:

apnews.com...

Guess they don't want the headaches.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I don't think most people would stand at home, but I do think many of us do have an emotional reaction when we hear the National anthem, and enjoy seeing how it is performed and a large group of people standing together honoring our Country. It's not only an American thing either, we really see this at the medal ceremonies at the Olympics.

I see sports as having had a very positive influence on racial and cultural divides, so this as a pretty poor place to protest racial inequality. The message is muddled, no one knows exactly what is being protested, is it Trump, is it police brutality, is it anti military....IDK ? Leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I hate seeing kids sports teams being sucked into this whole muddled mess instead of enjoying playing the sport with fellow team mates.
edit on 30-9-2017 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Racial discrimnation in this country is NOT a false narrative

Yes it is.

They're paid to play football,

Exactly... just play the game. Everything else should be on their own time.

onto players for showing an alternate kind of respect 

What is an alternate kind of respect?...... The folks protesting during the anthem IS disrespect.

Shrug, lol.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
used to be a lot of people who watch television but now switch in the internet world obat pembesar

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

Haha so basically you do something because you want to fit in. Deep down it means nothing to you. And when someone questions it you go... "well everyone does it".

Braindead sheep just doing as they are told.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Your Premise is #-ing retarded. Go the the # away and stop trying to create a pointless argument.

We get it, you don't like that the Tradition of Standing for the National Anthem at a football game is reserved for those who are AT THE GAME.

You just want to be heard, and we heard you...now shut the # up.....

edit on 10/1/17 by AlienFornication because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens
Do you stand in your home? If no, you need to look in a mirror and ask why you are such a blatant liar with your feelings. That is unless you never thought about it before, which I would surmise comprises 90% of you or more.

No I don't stand at home...and I don't sing Happy Birthday to myself when I am at home on my birthday either. What a weak argument.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

So no, you don't stand at home - why not if you feel so strongly about it?

Well first the code states that persons present are expected to stand and face the flag, so not sure how you see watching on TV as being present, but anyhow that is not the point.

For this flag ceremony you should either support it correctly or not get involved at all. Stay in the locker room, stay at home...all good. The reason is that there should be only one focus during it and that should be on the flag as to what it represents. When a person(s) protest they are taking the focus from the flag on to themselves and that is just poor form.

So after all said and done it is not the knelling that is so wrong it is pulling the focus from the flag on to one self instead. It's like walking into a funeral and telling bad jokes about the one being mourned.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well, isn't the "standing for the anthem" rule part of the NFL rule book?

If that's the case, it wouldn't apply to viewers at home.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join