It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catastrophic rainfall predicted for TX, LA, gulf coast region.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Stay safe. We will be watching for your posts.
I'm sorry so many are in harm's way.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

I too wish for everyone to be safe and will be keeping an eye on this thread.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'm on target for a direct hit and sleeping at a lovely 7 ft above sea level. Yay! Aransas Bay should have some fun this weekend.

I'll post current conditions in my area as often and as long as possible.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
No FEMA this time. Empty no appointments made.
No one to plan. No help.
No rescue.
What can we do?
Give cash to RedCross?
God help them!!!
a reply to: pravdaseeker

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Al Gore warned everyone, but no one wanted to listen. The weather has been getting more extreme for years.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
weather.unisys.com...

OP might be referring to the unisys european model, that basically has Harvey meandering on and off the Texas coast in 3 days and slowly heading northeast over a 3 day period,unless I am reading it wrong, which is entirely possible on post surgery meds lol.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Al Gore warned everyone, but no one wanted to listen. The weather has been getting more extreme for years.

There have always been hurricanes... Or is this sarcasm?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
San Antonio here and we're expecting some of this action.

I may go streaking.

I'm in San Antonio too...small world. I've got people in Corpus and they're evacuating the base there and other places. I'm not looking forward to this...I'm on the south side of the soup bowl.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Storm2k has pro meteorologists, up to date computer models, and life and property saving information.
www.storm2k.org...

It appears Harvey is beginning to strengthen rapidly, I do believe he will be hurricane this afternoon.

Now a hurricane is almost certain at landfall, and I think it is probable that Harvey will be a major hurricane at landfall. Besides greater winds this also means higher storm surge.

It also appears that a large area will see 15"+ of rain. Flooding will be inevitable.

Hopefully everyone in the path are quickly getting prepared and ready to evacuate if necessary.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

It's not even a bad hurricane in the vein of Katrina or Andrew. It's just running into a very juicy atmosphere set up to produce a ton of rain.
edit on 24-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Reporting in from Houston. We've seen much worse that this. As of this morning, they are reporting anywhere from 10" to 20" of rain. Knowing Houston, there will probably be some decent flooding.

I'll be sure to stop back by and update if anything fun happens.

Although I will add, I've been here my entire life and most storms this size don't cause a lot of damage. Mainly flooding in the typical low lying areas. Most of us know which underpasses to avoid after a storm.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I'm in Dallas and we are expecting a lot of rain but nothing like Houston. They are predicting it to be a strong category 1 by the time it hits Corpus Christi. Houston will have major flooding so please be prepared. Stay off the roads!

Have a plan in place and please have a plan for your cherished pets!!
edit on 24-8-2017 by texasgirl because: spelling

ETA: Breaking News- Harvey forecast to become category 3 storm. Yikes!!
edit on 24-8-2017 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

LINK

This storm has all the right elements to strengthen and fast. The entire Gulf of Mexico is currently one big boiling pot. All that surface temperature is perfect food for Hurricanes!!

If I were I the path I would be making preparations as we speak for heavy rainfall...don't think it has time to become Katrina strength but maybe enough time to make it to a medium 3.....God speed to all my Gulf Coast Neighbors and anyone in the path of this storm..

Hopefully it doesn't strengthen too much.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'm glad the NWS didn't call the rainfall amounts unprecedented or historic. They used to panic people unnecessarily.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Thoughts and prayers are with everyone!

Maybe it's time for ATS to start a community program. People in the area can help each other.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Over here in my little corner of the Louisiana swamp they've canceled leave for most of the essential municipal personnel and placed everyone on standby this weekend. I'm not included in that but whether they just forgot again or they don't want the environmental guy anywhere near their emergency operations..I'm not sure!

Tell you one thing, though...these guys live for OT and they're getting ready to get a healthy chunk of it. Stay safe and dry everyone!

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Thoughts and prayers are with everyone!

Maybe it's time for ATS to start a community program. People in the area can help each other.

That's a great idea and would be good if staged correctly!!

More often then not areas directly affected are not places you want volunteers flooding even if they are there to help. Often the areas directly hit are very dangerous after storms for many many reasons. This is why counties and municipalities have emergency badges that allow only required personal back into areas hit by major storms. With powers lines, flooded sewers and human excrement on the streets coupled with possible dead bodies...It's not a very safe area.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
I'm in Dallas and we are expecting a lot of rain but nothing like Houston. They are predicting it to be a strong category 1 by the time it hits Corpus Christi. Houston will have major flooding so please be prepared. Stay off the roads!

Have a plan in place and please have a plan for your cherished pets!!

I think flooding is going to be the major issue as well. If you have a second story move all your valuables and personal items as high up as possible. Maybe even in the attic. Make arrangements to get to high ground and buy a # ton of beer and pop tarts....It's time for a hurricane party!!!

Stay safe TX Girl!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Beer and pop tarts? LOL! Do those go well together?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

I would just like to take the opportunity to build on the good advice given here. In a storm event if you see water on the streets there's a better than average chance the sanitary sewer that runs right underneath it is either filled or is in the process of filling with storm water (all sewer lines have some degree of infiltration, without exception) that *will* cause sewage to migrate throughout the flood waters. Next time you feel the need to take a kayak to the neighborhood pub for those Facebook likes or instagram hearts..you're paddling through the human excrement of THE ENTIRE CITY. Add to that the petroleum products that have escaped containment, industrial wastes & chemicals, and grumpy wildlife with potentially large teeth and/or venom seeking higher ground. I tell you all if you ever come into contact with a floating ball of fire ants in the floodwaters you all will regret it to the end of your days.

Stay the hell in the house unless you have no choice, and keep an axe and a few gallons of water in the attic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join