It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 171
<< 168  169  170    172  173  174 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: InfiniteTrinity

I would be grateful if you would answer this question with a "yes" or a "no":

Do geostationary satellites exist?

No faffing around, just a straight answer, please.

link   

originally posted by: InfiniteTrinity
a reply to: ManFromEurope

You waste of space are confusing earth and center of earth's mass the WHOLE TIME. Breathtaking.

I am confusing this? Just wow. I have been making the distinction the whole time. So you agree they are not the same. So it doesnt orbit around the Earth.

Thanks for finally admitting it.

It is orbiting around the Earth, around which other place should it orbit in geostationary orbit?

link   

It is orbiting around Earth.

You just said it was orbiting the center of mass and that this is not the same as the Earth. Yet here you are claiming it orbits round the Earth again. Can you get any more obtuse?

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Did you ever stop to think it’s called geostationary orbit because a geostationary satellite meets the parameters of having an orbit around a primary object which is the earth?

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

You just said it was orbiting the center of mass and that this is not the same as the Earth. Yet here you are claiming it orbits round the Earth again. Can you get any more obtuse?

It is orbiting around the Earth, around which other place should it orbit in geostationary orbit?

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Can you get any more obtuse?

Can you get any more tiresome?

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

BTW: Do you think that you sound intelligent?
The answer to this might disappoint you.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Did you ever stop to think it’s called geostationary orbit because a geostationary satellite meets the parameters of having an orbit around a primary object which is the earth?

But it doesnt go around the Earth. Why do you keep lying. You know it doesnt move round the Earth. Why do you need to lie?

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Yes. A geostationary satellite meets the parameters that have been cited for having an orbit around a primary mass which is the earth. Is that false. Hence the term geostationary orbit.

No one is lying. Geostationary orbit is called geostationary orbit because it meets the parameters that are recognized as what defines orbit. Sorry. Geostationary orbit is not debunked. It’s a cited fact that is utilized in telecommunications.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

But it doesnt go around the Earth. Why do you keep lying. You know it doesnt move round the Earth. Why do you need to lie?

Please cite where “relative to earth’s rotation” is a parameter in determining if an object orbits another object.

Orbital elements are the parameters required to uniquely identify a specific orbit. In celestial mechanics these elements are generally considered in classical two-body systems, where a Kepler orbit is used. There are many different ways to mathematically describe the same orbit, but certain schemes, each consisting of a set of six parameters, are commonly used in astronomy and orbital mechanics.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   

No one is lying. Geostationary orbit is called geostationary orbit because it meets the parameters that are recognized as what defines orbit.

But does it orbit around the Earth? This is what you guys keep claiming.

Just because it may meet your definition of orbit still doesnt mean it is moving around the Earth.

One more chance at honesty for you, does it move around the Earth, yes or no.

No direct answer=lying.

edit on 21-8-2019 by InfiniteTrinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

No one is lying. Geostationary orbit is called geostationary orbit because it meets the parameters that are recognized as what defines orbit.

But does it orbit around the Earth? This is what you guys keep claiming.

Just because it may meet your definition of orbit still doesnt mean it is moving around the Earth.

One more chance at honesty for you, does it move around the Earth, yes or no.

No direct answer=lying.

What are you ranting about?

It’s not my definition of orbit. It’s a determination used by astronomers and astrophysicists. A geostationary satellite clearly as cited meets the the parameters of having an earth orbit. Is that false

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

One more chance at honesty for you, does it move around the Earth, yes or no. No direct answer=lying.

Right back at you, I asked you a question above. Your answer is?

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
And there you have it.

Not moving around Earth.

No honesty.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Carpy you are a smart guy with thoughts of his own.

Can you explain why it has to move around Earth then?

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Can you please answer my question? Thank you.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Can you repeat the question?

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

What would be the point? It has been explained to you many times over but as you appear unable to comprehend very basic physics I fear it would only be a sterile and forensic exercise.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

And there you have it.

Not moving around Earth.

No honesty.

Sorry. Geostationary satellites have the mechanics and parameters of orbit with earth as the primary or “anchor” object. I am sorry you don’t understand that earth’s rotation has nothing to do on what defines what orbits earth.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
My question repeated for you:

I would be grateful if you would answer this question with a "yes" or a "no":

Do geostationary satellites exist?

No faffing around, just a straight answer, please.

Can you not scroll up or something?

<< 168  169  170    172  173  174 >>

join