It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 161
<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: InfiniteTrinity
a reply to: oldcarpy

You disagree with me agreeing with the numbers?

So according to you the numbers are wrong?

Waiting for your detailed debunk.

Fond of putting words into other poster's mouths, aren't we?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

So you dont disagree with me agreeing with the numbers? Looks like you have no point to make then after all.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

a reply to: sapien82

Yes because both geostationary satellites and elliptical satellites orbit the earth

No geostationary satellites dont move relative to Earth, so no, they dont orbit Earth. It seemed you finally had a moment of clarity, but nope. No no.

Hey can get in on the fun,

I love playing and acting like a 8 year old.

Ok, Here it is

Yes, geostationary satellites do move around earth, so yes, they do orbit earth.

Yes yes yes yes

They do, they do, they do. Yes Yes Yes.

Thanks for letting me play your game, it was fun.

Its obvious they do because I said yes more times than you said no

so

Oh and my dad is better than yours

so

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: InfiniteTrinity

You are not peacefulpete by any chance, are you?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Oh yeah? Well my dad is bigger than yours.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

a reply to: sapien82

Yes because both geostationary satellites and elliptical satellites orbit the earth

No geostationary satellites dont move relative to Earth, so no, they dont orbit Earth. It seemed you finally had a moment of clarity, but nope. No no.

You are completely wrong.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Oh yeah? Well my dad is bigger than yours.

Runs of crying

I'm telling my mom on you

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Hey can get in on the fun,

Sure you'll fit right in.

Yes, geostationary satellites do move around earth, so yes, they do orbit earth.

No a geostationary satellite does not move around the Earth. I stays above the same point on Earth. It cant do that and move around the Earth at the same time.

Rofl.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Geostationary satellites DO move around the Earth then?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

My mum is bigger than your mum so Yah! Boo! Sucks!

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

No a geostationary satellite does not move around the Earth.

yes a geostationary satellite does move around earth

I stays above the same point on Earth.

I agree, but I think its above not on so.... lets be friends

It cant do that and move around the Earth at the same time.

Are you suggesting the earth doesn't rotate/spin?

edit on 20-8-2019 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

link   

Look above...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   

a reply to: ManFromEurope

Geostationary satellites DO move around the Earth then?

No, they fell out of the sky because Newton got it all wrong. Poster on internet says so so must be true.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I agree,

You do. Then how is it moving around the Earth? If it moved around the Earth it wouldnt stay above the same spot now would it. You people are unbelievable. A child can understand this.

No why do you ask?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

How can it? It's flat. Did you not get the memo?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

A child can understand this.

Well, yes. But the question is, why can't you?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Like I've asked you multiple times now , provide evidence which supports your claim , we already have evidence of geostationary / geo synchronous satellites and elliptical satellites

now provide evidence that contradicts this and proves your position that geostationary satellites dont orbit the earth

, go for it , I bet you 100 pounds sterling you wont find any evidence to the contrary

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Your definition,

In physics, an orbit is the gravitationally curved trajectory of an object,[1] such as the trajectory of a planet around a star or a natural satellite around a planet.

Basically the same as NASA's. It was easier to link than just qoute it?

So does a geostationary satellites go around Earth? No? Then they dont orbit.

Thanks for your support.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

If it moved around the Earth it wouldnt stay above the same spot now would it.

If the earth rotates then it would wouldn't it?

So again

are you suggesting the earth doesn't rotate?

No why do you ask?

NO reason, just asking

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

a reply to: neutronflux

Your definition,

In physics, an orbit is the gravitationally curved trajectory of an object,[1] such as the trajectory of a planet around a star or a natural satellite around a planet.

Basically the same as NASA's. It was easier to link than just qoute it?

So does a geostationary satellites go around Earth? No? Then they dont orbit.

Thanks for your support.

Nice out of context quoting. The whole argument

neutronflux

neutronflux

Well, still no opposition. Thanks for the display.

Geostationary orbits debunked.

How. How is it debunked?

How does geostationary orbit not meet the definition of orbit...

neutronflux

You

Then why do you keep making the same mistake.

What mistake? You don’t have a clear statement on what the mistake is. All you have is an erroneous opinion that has no logic, and keep posting debunked with no actual proof or evidence.

Orbit

en.m.wikipedia.org...

In physics, an orbit is the gravitationally curved trajectory of an object,[1] such as the trajectory of a planet around a star or a natural satellite around a planet. Normally, orbit refers to a regularly repeating trajectory, although it may also refer to a non-repeating trajectory. To a close approximation, planets and satellites follow elliptic orbits, with the central mass being orbited at a focal point of the ellipse,[2] as described by Kepler's laws of planetary motion.

One, “In physics, an orbit is the gravitationally curved trajectory of an object,“. Does a geostationary satellite have a curved trajectory? It’s does by definition to stay above the same point on the rotating curved surface of the earth. To do this, a geostationary satellite is orbiting the central mass of the earth. Is that false.

Two, “Normally, orbit refers to a regularly repeating trajectory, although it may also refer to a non-repeating trajectory”. For a geostationary satellite, the orbit has the same period as the rotation of the earth. As a point on earth completes a full rotation, a geostationary satellite completes one full rotation of its obit. Is that false.

Three, “To a close approximation, planets and satellites follow elliptic orbits, with the central mass being orbited at a focal point of the ellipse,[2] as described by Kepler's laws of planetary motion.” Geostationary satellites complete one orbit around the earth’s central mass every 24 hours. Is that false.

Four. Now, what your hung up on. “such as the trajectory of a planet around a star or a natural satellite around a planet.“ a geostationary satellite completes one orbit ever 24 hours as the earth completes one rotation. It’s that false.

By definition, a geostationary orbit is an orbit. If a geostationary satellite did not complete one full circle of its orbit every 24 hours, it would not stay above the same point on earth. That full circle orbit is around the earth’s central mass.

With the definition of orbit having noting to do with earth’s rotation.

neutronflux

You

Can you now explain how a geostationary sat does it? Since it doesnt fall around the Earth, which would maintain its velocity?

Again...

From the earth’s surface. A geostationary satellite appears to be “fixed”. But that same satellite is traveling the “curve” of earth’s gravity well. Orbiting around the center of earth’s gravity well. If you use the earth’s axis as a fixed point of origin, you can solve for the angular momentum of a geostationary / geosynchronous satellite.

You

You guys are hilarious. You keep posting the same dumb contradiction I debunked about 40 times now.

The only thing dumb is that you cannot realize the earth’s rotation has nothing to do with earth’s gravity well. And it’s ”dumb” that you think a satellite cannot be in orbit because it is at a height and speed that matches the earth’s rotation.

First off, the earth’s rotation has nothing to do with the ability of a satellite to orbit. In reality, a satellite does not orbit the center of the earth. A satellite orbits the center of Earth’s gravity well. An orbiting satellite could careless if the earth was rotating, and at what speed.

What is gravity?

spaceplace.nasa.gov...

Second: Why can you not get through your head a geostationary/ geosynchronous still obits the earth. It’s just at a speed that keeps it above a specific point and n earth. But a geostationary / geosynchronous satellite is still traveling around earth’s gravity well.

Geostationary orbit

en.m.wikipedia.org...

A geostationary orbit, often referred to as a geosynchronous equatorial orbit[1] (GEO), is a circular geosynchronous orbit 35,786 km (22,236 mi) above Earth's equator and following the direction of Earth's rotation. An object in such an orbit appears motionless, at a fixed position in the sky, to ground observers. Communications satellites and weather satellites are often placed in geostationary orbits, so that the satellite antennas (located on Earth) that communicate with them do not have to rotate to track them, but can be pointed permanently at the position in the sky where the satellites are located. Using this characteristic, ocean-color monitoring satellites with visible and near-infrared light sensors (e.g. GOCI) can also be operated in geostationary orbit in order to monitor sensitive changes of ocean environments.

top topics

<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join