It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 156
<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Does the earth rotate about an axis every 24 hours?

Oh by all means Neutronflux, lead yourself down the path that got you owned 200 times before.

Yes, it rotates on an axis completing one full rotation in 24 hours, Neutronflux. Go ahead.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: InfiniteTrinity

Does the earth rotate about an axis every 24 hours?

Oh by all means Neutronflux, lead yourself down the path that got you owned 200 times before.

Yes, it rotates on an axis completing one full rotation in 24 hours, Neutronflux. Go ahead.

And you don’t deny Geostationary satellites are providing services from outer space.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

And you don’t deny Geostationary satellites are providing services from outer space.

Given that geostationary orbits dont exist, I do deny that. Why do you still have to ask?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: InfiniteTrinity

Then what is in outer space providing the services provided by geostationary satellites.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

You tell me. I am not required to repair the parts where your model fails. Already told you that 5 times too.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Do you believe that any man made satellites orbit the earth.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I believe the non stationary orbits are not impossible within the rules of the popular model.
edit on 19-8-2019 by InfiniteTrinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

a reply to: sapien82

seriously mate come back when you at least graduate from primary school !

Is that the place where they teach children punctuation and capitalisation? What happened? Even children can write better than you can.

So you maintain that an object that doesnt move relative to the Earth, is also moving relative to the Earth. At the same time.

Got it.

My spelling and punctuation is evidence of my own personal laziness when replying to you , your personal attacks on my spelling and punctuation is evidence you have no arguement because you'd rather attack me than my position or orbital mechanics

Prove to me that geostationary satellites DONT orbit the earth and we can maybe make some progress here!

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I believe the non stationary orbits are not impossible within the rules of the popular model.

but you said that geo stationary orbits dont exist , so prove it to us with evidence , as we already have evidence that ellipitcal orbits exist and we have evidence geostationary orbits exist.

edit on 19-8-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Prove to me that geostationary satellites DONT orbit the earth

Please stop you are killing me.

Here let me prove it to you,

geo

stationary.

Just wow. Lazyness cannot explain this level of oblivion.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

A satellite can orbit a little faster than the earth’s rotation to orbit the earth more than once a day if at the right distance above earth. Is that false.

A satellite can move a like slower than the earth’s rotation where it takes a satellite more than one day to orbit the earth. Is that false.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

My spelling and punctuation is evidence of my own personal laziness when replying to you , your personal attacks on my spelling and punctuation is evidence you have no arguement because you'd rather attack me than my position or orbital mechanics

I see. So how would you analyze your own post. You started about schooling. How hypocritical and how typically oblivious of what was posted 5 mins ago.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You are correct, in order to orbit the Earth, a satellite has to move relative to Earth.

Does a geostationary satellite move relative to Earth. No it doesnt.

Geostationary orbits debunked.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You are correct, in order to orbit the Earth, a satellite has to move relative to Earth.

Does a geostationary satellite move relative to Earth. No it doesnt.

That was not the question.

The question was...

A satellite can orbit a little faster than the earth’s rotation to orbit the earth more than once a day if at the right distance above earth. Is that false.

A satellite can move a like slower than the earth’s rotation where it takes a satellite more than one day to orbit the earth. Is that false.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

If it does neither it is not orbiting.

Your question makes no sense and is still based on the same dumb contradiction. It is simply unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

If it does neither it is not orbiting.

Your question makes no sense and is still based on the same dumb contradiction. It is simply unbelievable.

What contradiction. A Satellite can have an orbital speed faster than the relative speed of earth’s rotation to orbit the earth’s circumference more than one a day. Is that true.

A satellite can have an orbital speed slower than the relative speed of earth’s rotation where it takes more than one day to orbit the circumference of the earth. Is that true.

But you think there is no speed for a given height where a satellite would only orbit the circumference of the earth once a day. Why.

edit on 19-8-2019 by neutronflux because: Changed wording

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

What contradiction. A Satellite can have an orbital speed faster than the relative speed of earth’s rotation to orbit the earth’s circumference more than one a day.

Words cannot describe how stupid this is getting.

What do you mean orbit more than one day? This implies that a geostationary satellite orbits the Earth once a day. It doesnt. It doesnt move relative to Earth. It doesnt orbit Earth. Its geo stationary. Fps man.

It's like your memory is erased every two minutes in this thread. It's like nothing registers.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

What contradiction. A Satellite can have an orbital speed faster than the relative speed of earth’s rotation to orbit the earth’s circumference more than one a day.

Words cannot describe how stupid this is getting.

What do you mean orbit more than one day? This implies that a geostationary satellite orbits the Earth once a day. It doesnt. It doesnt move relative to Earth. It doesnt orbit Earth. Its geo stationary. Fps man.

It's like your memory is erased every two minutes in this thread. It's like nothing registers.

You didn’t answer the question.

Are the first two paragraphs below not true?

A Satellite can have an orbital speed faster than the relative speed of earth’s rotation to orbit the earth’s circumference more than once a day. Is that true.

A satellite can have an orbital speed slower than the relative speed of earth’s rotation where it takes more than one day to orbit the circumference of the earth. Is that true.

Now, answer the question below. It has nothing to do with earth’s rotation.

But you think there is no speed for a given height where a satellite would only orbit the circumference of the earth once a day. Why.
edit on 19-8-2019 by neutronflux because: Fixed word

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

You didn’t answer the question.

There is no question to answer since the situation you present does not exist. I just told you. A geostationary satellite does not orbit the Earth once a day, which you claim is the situation and is the base of your question.

You have serious cognitive problems buddy.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

No..

Now, answer the question below. It has nothing to do with earth’s rotation.

<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join