It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert E. Lee Statue Replaced With Statue of Pregnant Black Woman

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:
(post by Sillyolme removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
lmfao. a pregnant chick. no guy thinks pregnancy is 'attractive' they SAY it, but only because they are married. LMFAO.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
That is the ugliest f***ing statue I have ever seen. It should be removed as an eyesore.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
What is the pregnant Africa-American woman with her raised fist supposed to represent?

Prolly the empowerment of welfare against the man.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mikehawk

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: TinfoilTP

When you look into the googly eyes I just pasted on, you will see its soul transcends color.

What did you mean by that, please elaborate and tell us how you really feel...not that you're trying to hide it that much.

How I really feel is that the statue looked like a GLP craft project and if you --or anyone -- thinks it's a fitting a symbol of enduring freedom for black Americans...then you might be a racist.

I have no problem with the fact that it was a representation of a pregnant, black woman. I have a problem with how poorly constructed and cheap it is...and that it wound up face down in a pile of garbage because it is constructed of material that disintegrates in rain.

Maybe you think that's fitting though.

I don't.

Also, I didn't want to get into a 'color' discussion. My point was purely about how poorly made it was.

I think black Americans deserve better. The statue is/was a mockery to them.

Art is subjective. I'd like to know what YOU think is fitting about it and why you revere it?

edit on 8/19/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Robert E. Lee Statue Replaced With Statue of Pregnant Black Woman

LOL. Best. Trigger. Ever.
Best. Troll. Ever.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: xuenchen

It was paper mache. It won't last as long as this circlejerk.

It depends, you seem to be pretty limp-wristed. This circle jerk may go on for quite awhile.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
1. She doesn't look pregnant. She looks fat.

2. You can get saggy boobs in nothing flat if you never wear a bra.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
POST REMOVED BY STAFF
edit on Sat Aug 19 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

a reply to: TinfoilTP

When you look into the googly eyes I just pasted on, you will see its soul transcends color.

What did you mean by that, please elaborate and tell us how you really feel...not that you're trying to hide it that much.

How I really feel is that the statue looked like a GLP craft project and if you --or anyone -- thinks it's a fitting a symbol of enduring freedom for black Americans...then you might be a racist.

I have no problem with the fact that it was a representation of a pregnant, black woman. I have a problem with how poorly constructed and cheap it is...and that it wound up face down in a pile of garbage because it is constructed of material that disintegrates in rain.

Maybe you think that's fitting though.

I don't.

Also, I didn't want to get into a 'color' discussion. My point was purely about how poorly made it was.

I think black Americans deserve better. The statue is/was a mockery to them.

Art is subjective. I'd like to know what YOU think is fitting about it and why you revere it?

You made one off the most disgusting comments I've ever seen on this site and I called you out and you're too much of and coward to own up to it.

Instead you deflected and put words in myself mouth, I never said I liked the statue.

Elaborate how googly eyes transcend color you coward, you said it why are you too cowardice to own up to it?

Your next deflection should be interesting. This thread is a sick joke.

Bunch of arm chair racists openly making racist remarks and the amount of stars they are getting tells me how much some of ats feels about people of color.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

You made one off the most disgusting comments I've ever seen on this site and I called you out and you're too much of and coward to own up to it.

Instead you deflected and put words in myself mouth, I never said I liked the statue.

Elaborate how googly eyes transcend color you coward, you said it why are you too cowardice to own up to it?

Your next deflection should be interesting. This thread is a sick joke.

Bunch of arm chair racists openly making racist remarks and the amount of stars they are getting tells me how much some of ats feels about people of color.

You're ridiculous.

Another poster said the photo I posted of a badly made paper maché project was "too white."

I didn't want to engage in a discussion about race/color, like that, so I stuck to my point and said the googly eyes I was pasting to my statue transcended color.

Get a grip.

edit on 8/19/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikehawk

You wouldn't be trying to attribute 'googly eyes' only to AA's now would you?

I mean if were going to delve into every comment looking for closet racists, we can start here.
edit on 19-8-2017 by JinMI because: Because puncuation matters!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join