It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was in Charlottesville. Trump was wrong about violence on the left

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
a reply to: Grambler

Oh, so the "Left" should just stand there and let the snot be beaten out of them? Or are you suggesting they shouldn't have been there at all, thereby stomping on their freedom of speech rights?
. They kinda did that in the South during the Civil Rights Marches ECT and it was super effective in getting their message and point across.

Something to ponder on your side......

link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: Grambler

a reply to: pavil

It's a first hand account by a real person who was there.

It's a bit bloody ridiculous to then come along and just reply "It's fake" without offering any evidence as if we should believe them "just because".

If he posts evidence to PROVE it's fake then we'll discuss that.

Sure.

Post evidence to prove the people I listed were fake.

I'm responding to the OP and guardian article. You are the one in need of proof of that article. A full video of the event would be good. I'm sure authorities were talking numerous videos, don't you think. I'm all for punishing those that actually started the violence by throwing , punching attacking ect. The one who throws the first punch is the one at fault. If the counterprotestors were smart, they would have gone all nonviolent and let the world see the brutality and violence of the other side. The best way to destroy groups like that is by letting the world see them in action.

This is how the WBC operates. They go to funerals of soldiers and say stupid hateful things trying to entice people to hit them, then once they get punched, they sue and make bank. I'd love to punch a few of them, but then, that would be exactly what they were looking for. As with this case, both sides were looking to fight, and they got what they wanted.

I think all of us need to take a step back and ask ourselves what it is we are looking to gain here. It that worth a life being taken? It it worth killing over?

link   

a reply to: network dude

The point is that the counter-protesters turned up peacefully with every intention to protest peacefully and yet the Nazis and KKK mob decided it would be better to instigate the violence then blame it all on the "Left". The counter-protesters only armed themselves when it became apparent they were going to have to defend themselves from violence.

Prove it !!

link   

originally posted by: neo96

a reply to: neo96

Oh, so what you're actually saying is people shouldn't have the right to freedom of speech if you do not agree with the topic?

Guess what ?

Even NAZIS have that RIGHT to speech and assembly.

I never said they didn't. They DO NOT, however, have the right to instigate violence and then blame those they instigated it on.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The point is that the counter-protesters turned up peacefully with every intention to protest peacefully and yet the Nazis and KKK mob decided it would be better to instigate the violence then blame it all on the "Left". The counter-protesters only armed themselves when it became apparent they were going to have to defend themselves from violence.

Prove it !!

I have, to the best of my ability. You, however, have done nothing to disprove it beyond saying "It's fake" and offering no other evidence to back that up.

Please try to use more than 2 words in a post, if not I'm just going to ignore you from now on because it's just plain rude giving 2 words answers all the time.

Thankyou.

edit on 17/8/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I agree 100%, but the problem is when these cities are ordering their police and other law enforcement to 'give them space' on any side of a protest that becomes violent. These cities and states need to start doing their part much better before the citizenry can absolve themselves of a need to take action.

I'm not saying that it's appropriate to head down there with the intention of violent action, but it's okay to have the mentality of being prepared for it. Hell, that's why I carry concealed as often as possible--I never WANT to use my weapon, but would rather be prepared if I have to.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: FHomerK
I guess he's crossed that path of being able to be EVERYWHERE within the city of Charlottesville. And, at all times.

Too cool, WAAAAAAY too cool.

[ this is sarcasm, btw, in case someone didn't catch the drift ]

Right back at you. How do you know there WAS alt-left violence beyond defensive actions?

Huh. I must be a Trump supporter in your book. I am probably also racist and spew gallons of hate speech every morning before drinking my coffee.

Did I mention I taught my hamster to do the Nazi salute?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
till someone shows me proof otherwise, I am gonna believe what I have read...
the friday march was a total surprise to everyone, that's why there was a group worshipping in the nearby church getting trapped inside. the police did show up, if they had no knowledge of this taking place beforehand, then how could they have known to be there???

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Did you not see the video evidence on the first page???

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

And not going into a frenzied crowd of angry skinheads and neo Nazi's just wasn't an option? Jesus, it takes that kind of stupid that you have to really squint to see to not see the outcome of this long before it materialized.

Who was more at fault? Does it really matter? Will the outcome change anything?

Think about this from a non involved party's perspective, if the left, let the idiots be violent, and protest, the cops would have arrested them, and the world would have applauded. Again, nobody likes those guys. But instead of that, the left charged in with weapons, and surprisingly, a fight broke out. Derp.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

The vast majority of people have phones and were taking videos. Even in the videos you can see even more phones taking even more videos.Are you honestly going to contend most people there didn't have phones and weren't using them to document the event?
edit on 17-8-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Did you not see the video evidence on the first page???

That isn't first hand video. Everyone is claiming there is first-hand video that disproves this topic. Nobody has posted that despite me asking multiple times.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Oh, so what you're actually saying is people shouldn't have the right to freedom of speech if you do not agree with the topic?

Guess what ?

Even NAZIS have that RIGHT to speech and assembly.

I never said they didn't. They DO NOT, however, have the right to instigate violence and then blame those they instigated it on.

Which one had the permit ?

Them evil nazis wasn't it ?

The Anti's didn't.

Therefore they were the instigators.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Oooh. So a stranger's anecdotal evidence without video is more credible than a cops?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

So apparently, according to you, people shouldn't protest something if there is a chance it could turn violent?

Are you suggesting people have crystal balls and can see the future or read others minds?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I thought I had read about the counterprotest Friday at the statue was a planned event. Police should have know gentle Nazis would be there too. It's pretty common sense given their modus operandi.
edit on 17-8-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I'm still awaiting the often-promised but severely and notably lacking first-hand video evidence that disproves this topic that people keep claiming to have and yet seemingly refuse to post.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Both sides went there looking for trouble and they both got what they wanted.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

That wasn't my question.

Is a stranger's anecdotal evidence more credible than a cops?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

Oh, so the "Left" should just stand there and let the snot be beaten out of them? Or are you suggesting they shouldn't have been there at all, thereby stomping on their freedom of speech rights?

Is that really the impression you got from my post?

You seem to be saying that you don't care who started the violence saturday, because of what happened friday. Thats not how it works.

By the same token, Milo supporters don't have the right to show up and beat the crap out of protestors because the protestors beat the crap out of them last time.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join