It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was in Charlottesville. Trump was wrong about violence on the left

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Kryties
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

The "left" attacked no-one at Charlottesville. First hand accounts prove that the Right instigated and continued the violence and that the "Left" merely defended itself.

Did you even read the article before responding?

by "the right" do you mean the skinheads and Nazis? The White supremacists? I need a little clarification form you on this.

You're trolling but I'll answer anyway.....

I mean everyone who turned up to protest the statue being removed. They may not ALL have been nutjobs, but they certainly supported and didn't stop the Nazi's and KKK nutters from instigating violence.

link   
I'm sorry, but showing up in riot gear, brandishing weapons regardless of whether it is an open carry friendly state just makes me think the (stick your label here) were there for trouble.

link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

So what you are saying is the left should just let the white supremacists do whatever they want?

I think thats the crux of what most people on the "Right" are trying to say.

"We can do what we want and don't the "Left" DARE to try and stop us otherwise we will inflict violence on them and then blame them for it".

If it's a peaceful legal gathering of any group I don't believe another group has the right to block it or instigate violence.
This applies to Muslims, Christians, Jews, BLM, KKK, LGBT, or whatever group it is.

It's not a race thing it's a Constitutional thing.

I guarantee if a group of Christians counter protested a LGBT parade and violence ensued the left would be 100% in saying the Christians deserved the violence they got. Reverse the roles like the current scenario and it's a completely different story.

I'm consistent however. Peaceful Legal gatherings should not be interfered with.

EDIT - just wanted to add this did occur at Trump rallies with participants being chased down and physically assaulted on numerous occasions.

edit on 17-8-2017 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2017 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: Kryties

Prove it's real...

I just did. With first hand evidence.

Nice try. Is that the best you can do?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I call Bull#. At every rally Antifa has gone to they've been violent.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

a reply to: introvert

I call Bull#. At every rally Antifa has gone to they've been violent.

Where did I post that antifa did not get violent?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

No you made a statement. That's hardly proof of anything. I've seen video evidence that counters your statement

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

I think its perfectly acceptable, in a free society, to allow counter-protests to a peaceful protest. As long as it remains peaceful then everyone is getting their share of free speech.

When One side turns up armed, instigates violence then blames it all on the other side and plays innocent, then they must be called out.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

No you made a statement. That's hardly proof of anything. I've seen video evidence that counters your statement

You are the third person who claims to have video evidence refuting the topic. I have repeatedly asked for those people to post their evidence and they have not.

If you have evidence, post it.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
The horse is dead, why do you need to keep beating it?

I don't know, why do you lot keep harping on about "Hillary"? Dead horse, and all that.

That's a laugh.
You are comparing corrupt, criminal Hillary to racism, the scourge of the last couple centuries?
She has only been a scourge for the last 30 years or so.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

They were there expecting trouble because antifa habe been going around the country beating people down every where they go.

+1 more 
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
a reply to: notsure1

He didnt call him a nazi. he said nazi apologist. slight difference.

I really think the thoughts playing here are:

WE FOUGHT A WAR AGAINST NAZIS. Anitfa didnt exist then. Nazis have more history against the U.S thus everyone sees nazi as the immediate danger.

Most sane people are against the KKK and White Supremacy, as much as they are against the Alt Left, using the same tactics for virtually the same reasons. We as a world were against Nazi Germany, and they were defeated. For some reason, (Hitler was a nice role model for racists) the KKK and the like adopted the Nazi mentality.

As much as nobody like's the KKK, they do have the right to assemble and protest and speak. Just like some Alt left group like ANTIFA or BLM does. It's something our country was founded upon. If you fall into a category where you use violence against one of these groups, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. We have laws to protect them, even if we all disagree with them.

Somehow "feelings" have taken over "rights". This is why the Constitution was constructed.

link   
a reply to: Jefferton
Were the Nations fighting Hitler violent as well ??

link   
Tyler McGill suffered a stroke on Tuesday, that his doctors say was likely caused blunt force trauma on his neck. His friends say that a neo-nazi beat him with a flaming tiki tourch. He was an employee of UVa.
www.chronicle.com...

The two women who were in one of the cars involved in the terrorist attack have filed suit against the the organizers of the rally for the injuries they sustained. They were Charlottesville residents.

www.nydailynews.com...

I am getting kind of sick of people trying to portray the supremacists and the victims in this.
saying how well these people shouldn't have been there!! They seem to have lived there!!! Their streets, their park, their statue, their city council, their right to decide what happens to a stupid statue sitting in a park!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Then why try to deflect off the topic by claiming it's "beating a dead horse" when it's actually new evidence that refutes what the Right has been shouting loudly for days now?

Are you trying to silence me? Why?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: Avicenne

originally posted by: Jefferton
People on both sides are violent. No one can deny that.

It doesn't mean either side is inherently evil. Anyone who gets caught up in that belief is just wrong.

And that's why I stopped coming in here. ATS has become an alt right nursery.

If you can't see or understand that white men with torches on the US soil is worrying and if you view people opposing these views as the same, well there's the problem. Dialogue is impossible.

Nazi apologist.

Wow just wow. All he said is both sides are violent and bam hes a NAzi. You guys are seriously delusional.

You're delusional.

I'll ask you too .... were the people fighting Hitler violent as well ?

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

We were told by police to walk around the perimeter, past one of the two parks where [the counter-protesters] had a permit to rally. Antifa came out and they started following us down a dead end where the police would not let us through to go to Lee Park, so we had to go back through the lines of [counter-protesters] … at that point a giant melee broke out. It’s hard to say who started it or how it started. It seemed to be some of the Black Lives Matter activists got in our faces and started assaulting us and the natural response was self-defense … What I didn’t expect was the inability or the refusal of the police department to respond to threats.

www.breitbart.com...

That article lists many people that were there that say the left was violent.

Well according to you, that s the end all be all. They were there so they have to be telling the truth.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: iTruthSeeker

The "left" attacked no-one at Charlottesville. First hand accounts prove that the Right instigated and continued the violence and that the "Left" merely defended itself.

Did you even read the article before responding?

by "the right" do you mean the skinheads and Nazis? The White supremacists? I need a little clarification form you on this.

You're trolling but I'll answer anyway.....

I mean everyone who turned up to protest the statue being removed. They may not ALL have been nutjobs, but they certainly supported and didn't stop the Nazi's and KKK nutters from instigating violence.

I am not trolling, unless you think your opinion is the only valid one here.

I am of the opinion that the Civil War statues and memorials are historical and do not stand as Racists epitaphs. I don't have feelings of happiness when I see black people hurt, I feel sad and anger, just as I do if I see anyone hurt.

If a majority or even a minority can bring a well reasoned argument as to why a statue should be removed, and the local government agrees, they can and will remove the statue. I am against this being done out of fear, as recently proven. That is just fascism masked as "a cause". Follow the process set forth by those who framed the rules of society, that's what I believe.

And it's not anyone's job to stop violent protesters but the Police. If the left came out to "counter protest" against the right, and both brought weapons, you would have to be a moron with # in your head to think both sides weren't expecting a fight. They were all looking for trouble, and they found it. I didn't go to the protest and I would not do to one, because I have no desire to hurt people.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Oh wait minute, the white supremacists went to Charlotte

Wait you mean a bunch of people that don't live in Charlotte got in to a scuffle with a bunch of OTHER people that don't live in Charlotte.

And the op is a first hand account of what happens when two opposites attract.

Go figure.

Next tell us water is wet.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Which side has more motivation to lie and claim innocence?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join