It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Yelled “Black Lives Matter!” After Attacking Police Officer at Traffic Stop

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: caf1550

Only a fool would equate seat belt laws with drunk driving laws. Drunken driving is a legitimate reason to pull someone over. Driving without a seat belt is not.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
BLM....in jail.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Driving is a privilege, not a right. The law is designed to save lives / cut down on injuries. If you are that against a seat belt law then dont drive - walk.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if the law is just, unjust or BS.
If you get pulled over, bad things may happen if you punch the cop that pulled you over.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Driving is a privilege, not a right. The law is designed to save lives / cut down on injuries. If you are that against a seat belt law then dont drive - walk.

Your friendly neighborhood government cares about your well-being.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

Only a fool would equate seat belt laws with drunk driving laws. Drunken driving is a legitimate reason to pull someone over. Driving without a seat belt is not.

Very logical statement. Seat belt laws are for revenue. Seems like a govt overstep to tell me to put on a belt.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

How big is the problem of crash-related injuries and deaths to drivers and passengers? photo: girl putting on a seatbelt Motor vehicle crashes are a leading cause of death among those aged 1-54 in the U.S.1 Most crash-related deaths in the United States occur to passenger vehicle occupants (drivers and passengers).2 For adults and older children (who are big enough for seat belts to fit properly), seat belt use is one of the most effective ways to save lives and reduce injuries in crashes.3 Yet millions do not buckle up on every trip.4 Deaths A total of 22,441 passenger vehicle occupants died in motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2015.2 More than half (range: 52%-59%) of teens (13-19 years) and adults aged 20-44 years who died in crashes in 2015 were unrestrained at the time of the crash.2

Seatbelts

I was mearly stating that since you believe the law to be BS, then you can use your own decision making skills to make a choice as to whether wear it or not, just like you can make the decision to get behind the wheel after having a few to many drinks at the bar. I would bet you are the same type of person who believes that sobriety check points are BS as well because from what I have already read from you that is also considered government intrusion.

I was merely pointing out the facts that you have choices in your life, but sometimes the result of your choice can be illegal, again just because you think it is BS doesn't change the statute of the law.

What can be done to increase seat belt use among adults? When it comes to increasing seat belt use, individuals, government, and health professionals can help promote safety. building icon States can: Consider proven strategies for increasing seat belt use and reducing child motor vehicle injuries and deaths, which include:14,16 Primary enforcement seat belt laws, which have been shown to increase use and reduce deaths compared with secondary enforcement laws. Seat belt laws that apply to everyone in the car, not just those in the front seat. Fines for not wearing a seat belt that are high enough to be effective. Make sure that police and state troopers enforce all seat belt laws. Support seat belt laws with visible police presence and awareness campaigns for the public. Educate the public to make seat belt use a social norm.

seatbelts 2
edit on 9-7-2017 by caf1550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Very logical statement. Seat belt laws are for revenue. Seems like a govt overstep to tell me to put on a belt.

exactly how much do you think seat belt fines are? In my state they carry a max fine of $10.00. The revenue excuse doesnt hold water.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
If you get pulled over, bad things may happen if you punch the cop that pulled you over.

He only punched the cop because the cop was racist.

So it was justified.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Not once did I mention my seat belt use. Stay on point.

link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

U.S. COURT DECISIONS CONFIRM "DRIVING A MOTOR VEHICLE" IS A
CITIZENS RIGHT AND NOT A GOVERNMENT GRANTED PRIVILEGE.

realtruth.biz...

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: c2oden

He only punched the cop because the cop was racist.

So it was justified.

so that means cops can punch BLM people since they are racist as well. Cool.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

It is a BS excuse to pull someone over. And I will still drive. Nothing you can do about it.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

exactly how much do you think seat belt fines are? In my state they carry a max fine of $10.00. The revenue excuse doesnt hold water.

$54 in New Jersey when I last checked. It depends on the state, but its all just another bit of social engineering.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Not once did I mention my seat belt use. Stay on point.

Yeah you didn't, but since you believe it to be BS I can reasonably deduce that you most likely don't wear one. Henceforth in whatever state you are from ( Im assuming you are from the states) it is either a primary offense for you where the police can pull you over for making your choice or it is a secondary offense where they need another reason.

Again just because you think it is BS still doesn't change the fact that the officer in this incident did a lawful traffic stop.
edit on 9-7-2017 by caf1550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

U.S. COURT DECISIONS CONFIRM "DRIVING A MOTOR VEHICLE" IS A
CITIZENS RIGHT AND NOT A GOVERNMENT GRANTED PRIVILEGE.

realtruth.biz...

Traveling within a state and across state lines is a constitutionally protected right. The method of travel is not, IE driving is a privilege and not a right.

How do we know this?

Because you can have your license to drive yanked for drunk driving, too many points on your license, mental health condition etc etc.
edit on 9-7-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

It is a BS excuse to pull someone over. And I will still drive. Nothing you can do about it.

Actually you can be arrested and booked into jail for it. Refusal to appear in court / pay a fine will result in a warrant for your arrest.

But whatever works for you.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

It is an unjust reason to pull someone over. Just because you say it is lawful does not make it just.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

You going to snitch on me? lol

BS to be pulled over for it. BS to be arrested and jailed for it.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Case # 2 - "The right of the citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, either by carriage or by automobile, is not a mere privilege which a city may prohibit or permit at will, but a common right which he has under the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."- Thompson v Smith 154 SE 579.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join