It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over-Population Solutions... Any Ideas?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   
1. Incentives for families only having one child, and incredible incentives for those choosing sterilization.
2. Cut out the religious BS and make contraceptives more available in these regions.
3. Penalize families having more than one child. Just as with dogs and children, punishment works. Not physical punishment of course, but I think you get the idea.
4. Educate them on the problems of overpopulation. Make it clear that it's EVERYONE'S problem, and tell them how it hits THEIR pocket book, and not just the one with the kids. Let peer pressure then take it's course...

In the end, make it unfashionable, stupid, and downright a bad idea to have lots of kids, and people will get the picture. Make it clear that they can have their fun, but still be responsible....

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
1. Incentives for families only having one child, and incredible incentives for those choosing sterilization.
2. Cut out the religious BS and make contraceptives more available in these regions.
3. Penalize families having more than one child. Just as with dogs and children, punishment works. Not physical punishment of course, but I think you get the idea.
4. Educate them on the problems of overpopulation. Make it clear that it's EVERYONE'S problem, and tell them how it hits THEIR pocket book, and not just the one with the kids. Let peer pressure then take it's course...

In the end, make it unfashionable, stupid, and downright a bad idea to have lots of kids, and people will get the picture. Make it clear that they can have their fun, but still be responsible....

Gazroc, I agree with you for the most part..I think your first point is the key idea to turn it all around. Incentives for sterilization is a great idea. I'm talking tax incentives though to also encourage gainful employment as a means to get the incentives. I'm talking tax incentives for life after getting the proceedure..after all its a permanant thing for the most part. I think it could be one of the most beneficial things medicare and madecade could pay for to help their own system. The problem with this ideology lies in the use of racism as a toll for halting it. In the 1990 election, we had a candidate that preposed incentives for un-wed women on welfare with 3 or more children supported by the state. Big incentives but just not as big as adding another check for another child....how could it be and be more lucrative? So, the old racism flag was flown as opposition but I think it would have been a good starter. You're on the right track, Gaz.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 03:44 AM
link   
voluntary gladitorial combat. let's get personal with this depopulation agenda. imagine the nelson ratings.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Mass Propaganda about how having babies will kill you, like posters with a non-pregnant lady all happy like, and then a pregnant lady dead with x's for eyes...and then anyone who still attempts to have babies without permission is punishable by death.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I work with a guy who feels that if you smoke, you are killing yourself(I agree). So why not speed up the process? 1 in every say 50 packs of cigarettes will have a cigarette that kills the smoker instantly. Also, euthanasia should be allowed, so those that are old and decrepit and know it can do something about it for the rest of the world.
I believe that nature does it job. But recently I believe that nature may need just a little bit of help in this area.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I wondering if there is a way to ignore an entire thread???

help

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Mass Propaganda about how having babies will kill you, like posters with a non-pregnant lady all happy like, and then a pregnant lady dead with x's for eyes...and then anyone who still attempts to have babies without permission is punishable by death.

Is this A joke, i hope it is for your sakes.
How can you tell a mother not to bear a child, its sick.
Deep

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
how do we control population? quit messing with nature, curing all diseases, feeding the helpless. survival of the fittest. ok so that's a little extreme. but nature has it's way of thinning out an enlarged population, it's called plagues.

so i guess i don't have an answer to this question.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AegisFang

Administer a series of tests. General knowledge, common sense, and general mental health questionnaires. This would prevent underage, uneducated, psychotic, or emotionally immature mothers from existing. How passable this idea would be, super unlikely. I've often thought this about welfare and other government programs instituted to assist those failing at life.

I know it's sort of a nazi-esque proposal, but it would also help to breed a more astute and motivated people.

Jus' sayin'.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

um... don't read it??

reply to post by billybob

Have you read The Hunger Games?
GO GO DISTRICT 12!!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by chicahXc13

Or better yet. Have a penalty for non-wedded women/couples fornicating irresponsibly, living over their means, and possibly increasing the surplus population... Say, higher taxes, worse health insurance plans available, and generic medications... Rid the world of handouts government instated and private-corp instated alike.... Have a standardized test for reproduction permission?!?!!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rschmfem

Wouldn't that be so smart! Yes, there was a time when the founders of this country fought for our rights and freedoms, but when we as a people abuse and misuse those freedoms and refuse to be educated, they should be taken away. The question remains, who would have the power, willingness, and back-up to enforce?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join