It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over-Population Solutions... Any Ideas?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
well I would say that Nuclear War is on the Agenda of those in control. it appears to be inevitable and it seems that our governmental agencies [ie; FEMA, CIA, Military, NORAD, NASA, etc...] are preparing for it. population control is all that will allow this planet to evolve and unless you believe in divine or alien intervention the only recourse would be mass extermination. do you truly think you are vital to the continuation of existience?

tut tut

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Interesting point - birth rates are going down throughout the whole world. Already the birth rate in Italy is below replacement level (at current rates Italy will be totally depopulated by the year 3000). It seems that as countries become industrialized and urbanized, the birth rates decline. At current trends, the earth's population will stabilize at 10 billion people around the year 2100. Assuming that we are not in the end times, there could be the possiblity that countries could take draconian measures to make people have children when that happens in order to ensure the birth rate stays at replacement level.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
well judging by how things in the world are going today, nuclear war seems inevietable, so that wud prolly wipe out most of the planets pop'n but best case scenario of no nukes flying maybe a moon colony like on TV

or we can live under the sea, like Homer Simpson suggests

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The problem is you'll never think of a population control that won't upset a lot of people. One of the problems could be the governments (well, most of them) are totally terrified of radical ideas. Chinas methods are a bit extreme, but something has to be done, and as the leading powers in the world, the USA and the UK should be the ones coming up with the ideas. We can't call the Chinese wrong until we come up with an alternative

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I think that right before everyone hits puberty that they should be given an intelligence test and if they don't score above a certain level they should be sterilized.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by storm
I think that right before everyone hits puberty that they should be given an intelligence test and if they don't score above a certain level they should be sterilized.

I was just thinking that yesterday...as radical as it seems, it probably would solve a lot of the basic problems i.e. petty crime and gangs of idiots hanging on street corners waiting for fights, etc.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
get in line for sterilization STORM, you are Qualified

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   
It is simply the law of survival of the fittest. Nature invented it, the before mentioned method simply speeds it up.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Who said that there is an overpopulation problem?

There isn't its a myth.

Look at this...

www.un.org...

By 2050, the medium variant of the 2002 Revision projects that three out of every four countries in the less developed regions will be experiencing below-replacement fertility.

Population will start dropping in the next 40 years.

the population of the world is expected to increase by 2.6 billion during the next 47 years, from 6.3 billion today to
8.9 billion in 2050.

Thats not bad... certainy livable in western societies where the populations are dropping.

By that time, the population of the more developed regions will have been declining for 20 years. As a result of these trends, the population of more developed regions, currently at 1.2 billion, is anticipated to change little during the next
50 years.

There is no problem, we don't need a bomb, AIDS is doing that instead.

Unless you live in America ...

Large population increments are expected among the most populous countries even if their fertility levels are projected to be low.

Thus, during 2000-2050, eight countries (India, Pakistan, Nigeria, the United States, China, Bangladesh, Ethiopia and the Democratic Republic of Congo, in order of population increment) are expected to account for half of the world�s projected population increase.

Those 3rd world countries and their breeding

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
we'll never stop over-production until we stop putting sex into everything (tv, music, etc.),

but is that such a good thing.........

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It is not the ''over population' that is the problem!
It is the way people have become!
People are lazy and want things at their finger tips..

People tend to over do things today then what they did many years ago...eg waste food when other countries are starving!
The rich are getting richer because they want to accumilate money and wealth is their top priority in life!

Why are there countries with starving children?
Because we are greedy and only help ourselves!

The more we get.......the more we want!
We get what we want.......and that seems not to be enough.......we want more........it seems that we are never happy with what we have.........

Overpopulation is not the problem........there are people that are using methods of Abortion to satisfy their own desires...........and only think of themselves!

Abortion is wrong !
It is wrong because it is done to satisfy the 'self' and not the 'over population 'theory.........

The world is big and because people today look at what their future may be......tend to forget that one day they will die!
Death comes to all........and because of selfish reasons......many forget that death is around the corner!

What seems to be the problem is that people have become worse then animals..........they believe in their own minds that they will live forever!
They accumilate all they can get and forget the poverty of others......only their own need is satisfied and nothing else needs to matter!
The problem lies in the way society is run.........fulfilling their own desires ..........pretending to care for the worlds poverty problems is all a big lie!

Actors asking for pay rises that could feed millions of starving children...
Politicians that just sit and pretend to fix the worlds problems.....and live like Kings!
Models that wont get out of bed if their pockets are not met to their expectations!

Look around........people actually believe that man will live forever!
Medical research look at making man live longer(there was something on the news the other day about this!)
and forget the people living today......the children that are dying because of the ''Greediness'' of the people ...
And when a child needs medical treatment ..there never seems to be any funding for help....
The sick are left to die because the funding was used for stupid research that will probably never be.....

The solution is that people should be made to work and feed their families........but depending where you live and what work you do differs in many countries.....
People in poor countries tend to work hard and are given bread to feed their families as their pay......and others do simply nothing and dont know where to spend their money!
Overpopulation is a 'myth' it is not the problem......it is people themselves that have created a world of fantasy that they will live forever!
That's my thoughts on fixing the over population solution.
helen.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The "over population problem" is a bogey man created by liberals for a certain world wide political agenda. The truth is that birth rates are declining world wide. If current trends continue, the world will be at the replacement birth rate before the end of this century with a world population of around 10 billion people. In fact in certain countries such as Italy, the birth rate has dropped below replacement value. (Replacement value is 2.1 births per couple.)

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I just wanted to hear how you guys would solve overpopulation if it really got out of hand. Any ideas?

Allow the people access to anything they want. Let them kill themselves. Dump flouride in the water.

They will enjoy themselves, and it controls the population naturally, by taking advantage of the pleasure principle!

Just an opinion!

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Mr. Net Chicken Man:
*Ahem*

Originally posted by Lorena
I just wanted to hear how you guys would solve overpopulation if it really got out of hand. Any ideas?

Emphesis on the "really got out of hand." I just wanted to know what your solutions would be if it WAS a HUGE issue. That's all! I am not seriously gonna make a protest to Bush-y about it, using your ideas. I didn't realize that it was such a small issue, I admit, but I was just wondering what you all thought, since it is such a touchy subject in the ethics area.

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I would agree with jag that overpopulation is a bit of a myth

BUT

it is certainly true that underdeveloped countries can't feed their populations, so unless you are a callous, uncaring individual who enjoys copious unlimited fatty foods and cares nothing about starving children, then you ought to consider your position on this issue.

There is enough food production capability today to feed the human population several times over. It just isn't distributed practically to achieve that.

And it's interesting to see what will happen in pure demographics within 20 years given current trends:

* India overtakes China as world's most populous nation
* Nigeria (already top ten) has most explosive growth of any country.

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Historically the trend has been that as a nation becomes mature and technologically advanced, it's population growth declines. And historically, to the point that it actually does not sustain itself.

Currently, this trend is being repeated, with the American population growth headed toward that "kick over point" where we actually would not be sustaining ourselves. There was a report on this just in the past couple of months I believe.

SO...to answer your question. Bring all third world countries up to snuff, let everyone become a mature, stable, technologically advanced society...and eventually the whole world will decline to one man and one woman...
Maybe we'll do a better job next time!

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tututkamen
well I would say that Nuclear War is on the Agenda of those in control. it appears to be inevitable and it seems that our governmental agencies [ie; FEMA, CIA, Military, NORAD, NASA, etc...] are preparing for it. population control is all that will allow this planet to evolve and unless you believe in divine or alien intervention the only recourse would be mass extermination. do you truly think you are vital to the continuation of existience?

tut tut

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

on second thought I have come up with a better idea than Nucllear War [ however it may be the alcohol talking]
it has been brought to my attention that the sperm count in the male is not rapidly replenishe, and that a male that suffers from constant repetitive ejaculation will be incapable of reproduction due to a low sperm count. I therefore urge all women to do their utmost for the sake of humanity!!!!!!!!

TUT TUT

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by arc
stop the religious control of our health services - provide contraception either free or at low prices for all levels of society, rethink the abortion laws and if necessary restrict how many children a couple can have.

Ok for some of you that won't be an appealing suggestion - but then again neither is the alternative

And its off to China we a go go!
I would give that a little more thought...do you plan on or have kids? Guess what, in your scenario you may loose out.

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

Originally posted by Venus
I think that countries like Africa need more cable TV access or maybe DISH TV. Give them folks something to do besides 'REPRODUCE"

Yea, countries like AFRICA need more cable TV, those countries like AFRICA... what can we do? Perhaps more education on the homefront.

Illimatic-Touche'!!! That would be funny except for the sad state that it is and the thinking represented.
By the way-glad to agree with you on something!!

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic

Originally posted by Illmatic67

Originally posted by Venus
I think that countries like Africa need more cable TV access or maybe DISH TV. Give them folks something to do besides 'REPRODUCE"

Yea, countries like AFRICA need more cable TV, those countries like AFRICA... what can we do? Perhaps more education on the homefront.

Illimatic-Touche'!!! That would be funny except for the sad state that it is and the thinking represented.
By the way-glad to agree with you on something!!

Illimatic

I hope I'm mistaken but....is that the race card you're pulling out?

[Edited on 30-6-2003 by Venus]

<< 1    3 >>

join