It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey willing to testify before Intelligence Committee in public

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I mean the letters were big.

Oh, haha. Yuge even.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
a reply to: olaru12

all this information on trump for years.....

and they continue to sit on it?

yeah ok

Working mans logic doesn't apply in American politics. Try reading some Johnathon Haidt to get up to speed.

Welcome to ATS!!! Jiggly...
edit on 13-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
If it's true that Comey is indeed williing to testify in a public hearing, that's fantastic.
I'd like to hear his side of the story, and it has the potential to be quite revealing.

I'm very curious to see if his version of the dinner and phone calls corroborates or contradicts the commander in tweet's. Perhaps it falls somewhere in between. My guess is that it will most likely contradict Trump's version.

It doesn't make a lot of sense that the director of the FBI would a request a dinner w/Trump in order to express a desire to keep his job. And it really doesn't make sense that someone with Comey's knowledge, education, and experience would tell Trump he's not under investigation. If he really did that, then it's a collosal mistake, but I think it's more likely something he was acutely aware of. And Clapper has suggested Comey was nervous about the whole dinner thing for obvious reasons.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

Comey told the IC including Feinstein Trump was not under investigation.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I don't think anyone refuses or refused to accept that Trump won. That's just broad brush painting a false narrative. The protests are only about resisting Trump and his administration.

And out of curiosity, what do you think that will accomplish? Screwing up the balance of power, distracting the entire white house to the point nothing (even something good for the boneheads on the left) will get done?

Just so you know, eventually, people who matured over the years will see how the left is throwing a 4 year temper tantrum and make damn sure the best ya'll can do is sit on the sidelines and bitch. (as seems to be the way things are progressing)

What about.......acting like adults? (I know, the right was mean to Obama, so you are justified)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Swills
www.nydailynews.com...

Conspicuously ousted FBI Director James Comey has yet to comment on his sudden dismissal by the President, but he'd apparently be happy to chat with some senators as long as it's out in the open.

Comey was invited to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee in a session closed off from the public on Tuesday, a spokesperson for Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr told The Hill.

I was bummed when I heard the invitation extended to Comey by the Senate Intelligence Committee was to be a closed meeting. Then Comey rejected the offer and I figured he was done but now here he is ready to talk but only if it's in a forum for all to witness! Just awesome!

Comey in the spotlight yet again will infuriate Trump!

And this is the reason he got fired hes a media hound. In the past no one even knew who the FBI director was but he turned it into a public spectacle. He is becoming more famous than Hoover the last publicity hound director. If he was doing his job correctly we wouldn't know who he is and his investigators would handle it.

Now days sometimes the only protection from sudden death is public eyes.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Maybe Comey wants it to be public so that his words are not twisted. The partisans in Congress will do that. They always twist things to their own reality.

Keep in mind that just because Comey is no longer employed does not mean that he can reveal anything that is classified or is an ongoing investigation. Yates demonstrated this in the previous hearing.

I know someone who previously worked for an alphabet agency, and years later he still will not talk about his job, for fear of accidentally revealing something that he was sworn to never reveal. (Of course sometimes he is teasing, because I occasionally ask him about proof of aliens.
, but in reality he sticks to his oaths.) I don't think that they are ever - ever - allowed to start talking about anything classified.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Cross-posting from another thread, because this makes the most sense:

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: amfirst1

Apparently Comey has said he will testify before Intelligence Committee but only if it's public , either he has something to say or more likely he wants to hide behind his security oaths.

If Comey refuses to testify unless it is public, he can keep refusing to answer questions claiming the answer is too classified for a public setting.
In private, he would actually have to tell the truth.

edit on 5/13/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: dragonridr

Lmao! He's a media hound? The man has been working for how many presidents up until this point and all the sudden he's a media hound? No, the snowflake that is Trump calls him that because he's a spoiled brat and wants ALL the media attention. Stop parroting Trump and his ilk and think for yourself.

How many presidents? One. Obama appointed him in 2013.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Comey called out Clinton, Lynch, Obama and others for the GIANT corruption going on in government. Who covers for who...who told him not to investigate and call it a "matter". Maybe Obama told him to tone it down? Maybe he only let Clinton off because he was forced to by his boss and the President?

If I were a supporter of the corrupt (eg. progressive liberal), I would be a little concerned. After all...FACTS are your enemy as is TRUTH.

Come on Comey...tell us a truthful story. WE ARE LISTENING!

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

LOL ... "acting like adults?"

Perhaps you should tell Mr. Trump that.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Comey called out Clinton, Lynch, Obama and others for the GIANT corruption going on in government. Who covers for who...who told him not to investigate and call it a "matter". Maybe Obama told him to tone it down? Maybe he only let Clinton off because he was forced to by his boss and the President?

If I were a supporter of the corrupt (eg. progressive liberal), I would be a little concerned. After all...FACTS are your enemy as is TRUTH.

Would surprise the hell out of me. That chapter is closed hes not going to get up and rehash the past he had a hand in shutting down. He would double down and doubt he would open up himself to prosecution.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: network dude

LOL ... "acting like adults?"

Perhaps you should tell Mr. Trump that.

So we will continue down the road of "they did it, so I will too." (hint, when you get time look up "cycle". and not the one with wheels)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Gandalf77

Comey told the IC including Feinstein Trump was not under investigation.

Well, he is now! Insult the cops [FBI] and you pay the price. Believe me...

The investigation doesn't need Comey...Flynn, Stone and Bannon are enough.
edit on 14-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

Would surprise the hell out of me. That chapter is closed hes not going to get up and rehash the past he had a hand in shutting down. He would double down and doubt he would open up himself to prosecution.

Maybe he is pissed off at the people that put him in this position...Bill, Hillary and Lynch. That airport meeting was kind of the beginning and he never recovered. He was forced to do something.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I got a flyer on my door the other day titled - get a roof get a gun.

(hail storm a few days ago.)

the flyer says

"you're a true patriot who believes that gun ownership isn't just your right, it's to protect citizens like you against the infringement on your god given rights."

you buy a roof from this guy and he'll give you a coupon for $500 off an ar 15.

I feel so much safer.. sarcasm.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Hahaha! Somebody knows how to get attention.

Not sure where you are, but I usually consider advertisements designed around political issues to be a good indicator of local public opinion. I'd say you have a lot of gun rights supporters in your neighborhood!

TheRedneck

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Wow!

That's actually hysterical (and can I have his number? lol) If I didn't already have an array of my favorite firearms would take him up on it! I'm very pro-Gun ownership in the hands of responsible individuals.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Boring... he is just going to repeat the same old stuff like before. Stuff like there is no collusion but we are still investigating until next election so Democrats can continue conspiracy theories from unnamed sources. blah blah blah
edit on 14-5-2017 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I'm in Denver.

I wonder what god given rights he thinks are being infringed? what are God-given rights? lol

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join