It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey willing to testify before Intelligence Committee in public

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

In other words, no.

Will the investigation go away with Comey?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
One thing we know is that Comey will be TRUTHFUL about any subjects which MAY have been secretly taped, by the WhiteHouse.

Disappointing that its public. CNN was mad when the appearance was going to be behind closed doors. I like seeing CNN mad.

Can he now join Wiki-leaks in divulging Secrets to the public, if asked??

Old "Showboat" Comey, LOL.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Does Trump? Is it on tape?
Does anyone at all believe that if trump had a recording of the head of the FBI saying he's not under investigation that we wouldn't have already heard it? I don't. He's touting a certified letter as proof he has no rusher connections. ( that's deliberate ..) Does he think a certified letter confirms anything but delivery of a letter?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Are you a bot?

Do you have a script?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: olaru12

In other words, no.

Will the investigation go away with Comey?

Of course not. Comey's testimony will open the flood gates of information the intelligence community has been keeping on Trump for years. His dealings with the Russian mafia in the states will become public. Are you so naive to think the FBI hasn't had infiltrators in everything dealing with the Russians, foreign and domestic. The cold war never stopped.

Haven't you ever read John le Carre? Ludlum or even Joseph Conrad....

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: network dude

More like his fetish for Russian cash.
They are now getting the treasury involved. Following the rubles.

Yea, cus Trump is hurting for cash. (Do you even think before you type, I mean at all?)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
So, Comey asks for more resources to investigate the Trump collusion story, a few days later Trump fires him, then Trump publicly threatens him not to leak anything he knows.

And what Comey is going to testify about is Hillary?

Really?

I'm just trying to work out how you Trump supporters get from A to B in thinking this..

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Divide and Conquer works so well.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I predict one of three things:
  • Comey's covering his rear:

Thus far, the allegations against Trump made by Comey... the references claiming Trump demanded fealty... are third-person with unnamed sources. Comey could be planning to refute those allegations and let the world chalk it up to yet another MSM claim that was laughably wrong. This will take the heat off him and Trump as well, and likely anger the Democrats to the point they let his story die.

Comey is not a 'media hound' at heart, despite his recent appearance of being so. Unlike Trump, he seems to not care about media attention one way or the other. But he has dug himself a hole through his actions in the email investigation and continued acquiescence in the Russia investigation. He's in deeper than he wants to be, and he may be considering bowing out of the public eye by publicly exhonerating Trump in this most recent circus. Then he can hopefully recover what's left of his life and move on.

• Comey's doubling down:

Are there recordings of his dinner conversations with Trump? I feel sure there are (it IS the White House, after all) but given Trump's lack of political correctness, would releasing them hurt Comey or Trump more? Clinton money (which Comey is obviously hip-deep in) is very tempting, and right now the DNC is looking desperately for anything that could stick to Trump. The political tide they tried to stir up is turning, and just like Hillary knew she was in trouble despite the polls before the election, the DNC knows the American people are turning away from their rhetoric and toward acceptance of their new President.

If Comey has decided to go this route, he will level direct allegations of improper requests against Trump, and might come up with new allegations, betting against there being recordings that Trump is willing to disclose. This is a dangerous option to take publicly... if Trump calls his bluff, stick a fork in Comey; he's done. Just another victim of association with the Clintons.

• Comey's coming clean:

I still can't get Comey's actions before the election out of my head. There's something there I have not clearly seen yet. He defended Clinton perfectly, but in the same breath bashed her unmercifully. Then he took measures to destroy her chances by bringing the charges up again at the last minute, and recanted that before the election. I'm sorry; that's not the action of someone with a clear goal.

What does make sense to me is that Comey was caught. Hillary was paying and paying well for his protection, but the extent of her criminality was troubling him. So he went along with the script, recommended dropping all charges, but cleared his conscience by taking his case to the public. As the MSM continued reporting how Hillary was a shoo-in, he again tried to damage her chances without actually going against her directly, but recanted under pressure and again stated no charges. So, if that is correct, Comey has a conscience. He may be planning to expose Clinton and the DNC, publicly, and hope for the best. Doing so in private means there is little hope that 'best' is anything remotely not terrible, but publicly he might gain the support of Trump, the GOP, and enough of the American public to survive.

Of course, this is all just my speculation at this point...

TheRedneck

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: network dude

More like his fetish for Russian cash.
They are now getting the treasury involved. Following the rubles.

Yea, cus Trump is hurting for cash. (Do you even think before you type, I mean at all?)

Where do you think Trump got all that Cash. Do you perhaps think Trump might have had criminal dealings with foreign crooks. Now it's come back to haunt him.

Comey is just the tip of the iceberg. Trump just didn't know when to keep his mouth shut.

Wait until they question Como about Trumps business practices in New York and his criminal connections. Trumps betrayal of Como is going to come back hard on Trump.

This ***t is gonna get real.
edit on 13-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
So, Comey asks for more resources to investigate the Trump collusion story, a few days later Trump fires him, then Trump publicly threatens him not to leak anything he knows.

Comey's bosses say that the New York times story is MORE FAKE NEWS from the out of control publication.

""A Justice Department spokesman denies that Comey had made the request.
“Totally false,” said Ian Prior. Comey “never made the request for more resources and money for the Russia investigations.”"

Source: www.latimes.com...

Obviously, Comey's bosses at the J.D. know more than the Fake News producing New York Times.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Divide and Conquer works so well.

Because Comey's recent lying under oath, he's "damaged goods". No matter what he says, if no proof is provided, he will be called a LIAR, by one side or the other. That's a given.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Comey's bosses say that the New York times story is MORE FAKE NEWS from the out of control publication.

""A Justice Department spokesman denies that Comey had made the request.
“Totally false,” said Ian Prior. Comey “never made the request for more resources and money for the Russia investigations.”"

Source: www.latimes.com...

Obviously, Comey's bosses at the J.D. know more than the Fake News producing New York Times.

Ok, leave the ask for more resources part out. Trump fires the head of the FBI investigation into himself, then publicly threatens him not to leak anything.

Doesn't really change much.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Oh no, Trump is gonna be pissed! First of all, he wants this Russian investigation to away and second, Trump has already demonstrated he's the only one he wants the spot light to be on.

Ok....cant wait for it...I believe there is going to be a high level of disappointment and more crying if he does. I have been sustaining my fluid intake on liberal tears lately....not sure how many more I can handle before I go into hyper hydration shock though...

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Comey's a swill and proven public liar for the Clintons and non-deserving of a public platform. Liars lie; that's all that he wants to do because his ego has been deeply offended-he thinks he's the smartest man in the room. So glad Trump had the guts to cut this viper off as he knew Comey was still in the evil queen's clutches.

Granted, this will cause Trump a mess all around but he knew what he was getting into when he became president.
It's nasty and going to get nastier while his job is continuing to clean the filth left over from generations of vermin.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Could some americans please answer the following questions. What would happen if Comey brings down the DNC and the Clinton empire? Is this something that the Hillary supporter would take personal and compel them to take matters in their own hands? The MSM does everything to rile them up like their personal army and that worries me in said scenario.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

This tells me the firing was warranted.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Could some americans please answer the following questions. What would happen if Comey brings down the DNC and the Clinton empire? Is this something that the Hillary supporter would take personal and compel them to take matters in their own hands? The MSM does everything to rile them up like their personal army and that worries me in said scenario.

Nothing at all. The only people that would care are right wing people, everyone else realizes Hillary lost the election.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Nothing at all. The only people that would care are right wing people, everyone else realizes Hillary lost the election.

??? So why the riots and protests? You seriously tell me with a straight face that they would just accept that and move on after all the bs in the last months/years? Sorry but i don't believe that for a second.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

That must be why they still talk of Hillary winning because of he popular vote.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join