It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you proud of your country???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I am extremely proud of my country. We are the greatest nation on earth. Patriotism, in my opinion, should be inherent to all who are US citizens. After all, this country is the origin of said rights, why trash talk it? Why sh*t in your home?

We are a multi cultural nation and yes, we are a nation if immigrants. However, it is a melting pot of cultures and beliefs that integrate into US traditions and cultures. This isn't some land where any one group of people can lay claim to a piece of land and turn it into what place they came from, ignoring integration with US culture. Rather, this is a land where you bring your best and leave your worst, integrate into US society and pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. Most important of all, do it legally.

I have had the privilege of being able to meet the bar required for Military service and being part of the greatest military power the world has ever seen, being part of the machine that dictates global direction was enlightening and valuable experience.

I believe right now, America is suffering from an "Identity Crisis" and it seriously needs to be addressed.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

I believe right now, America is suffering from an "Identity Crisis" and it seriously needs to be addressed.

Who would you drone first?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I am proud of the IDEA of my country.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
No!
Why should i?

One can be proud of something he did with his own hands, brain.
But why should one be proud of the country he just coincidentally was born in

thats pretty much my answer.

proud is not the right word really.

fortunate maybe?
im fortunate i was born in the states and not the congo!!
thats more like it

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

I'm proud of the potential that the US has. That it's population has.

I'm proud of the good that we are capable of doing.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The only things I take pride in are my children and my creations.

I am extremely disappointed with humanity overall though. Especially my countrymen.

Everyone should try harder and do better!
Apathy and ignorance are rife.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Hmmm?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Are you proud of your country???

Considering your name, I'd think that you are aware that Pride is a (the) 'sin'.
Are you condoning it in your question? Offering a venue for 'display'?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   

America is the ONLY country worth being proud of. Let me listify:

The French have nothing to be proud about.
The English have nothing to be proud about.
The Germans have nothing to be proud about.
The Italians have the renaissance to be proud about but that was a long time ago so they can stop being proud now thank you.
The Swiss have absolutely nothing to be proud about.
Spain hardly counts.
The Norwegians have nothing to be proud.
The Finish have nothing to be proud about.
The Ukrainianians have nothing to be proud about except the T34 but that was 2nd gen tech.
Byleorussia is on par with the French.
Russia has nothing to be proud about except having a president whos almost as smart as ours.
Japan loses every war it fights.
China makes stuff that breaks.
Australia has nothing to be proud about.
Thailand has pahd Thai noodle which is ok.
India is too spicy.
South Africa has nothing to be proud about except finally over turning apartness.
Congo has gorillas.
Somalia is like heaven on earth not.
Egypt has nothing to be proud about.
Mexico is like the canada of the south.
Canada is like the mexico of the north.
Argentina has nothing to be proud about.
Brazil has nothing to be proud about.
Cuba has nothing to be proud about.
Iceland is ok.
Greenland should be ashamed of themselves.

Seems like the USA is really the only country to be proud of being a part of. No wonder we all so fly so many flags all over the place! Were buoyed by our pride!

Our pride of being the best!

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

Amusing rant.
I'm curious though, why do you feel the people of Greenland should be ashamed of themselves?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Are you proud of the time you tried to fight a war on your own and got handed your ass by a few rice farmers?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Australia is very lucky to have me, it should be proud. Geographically, New Zealand is next to Australia so kiwis should also be proud that they reside next to the country that has me.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Mark Twain said that patriotism means supporting your country all of the time, and supporting its government only when it deserves it.

Like most other posters, I love my country but do not trust its government. Yes, they are 2 distinct entities, country and government.

As our country suffers from many things, greedy leaders within government took the country to war under fraud in 2003. My tax dollars have been used to kill innocents all over the globe. My tax dollars were used to send good and patriotic young troops to their death and dismemberment under fraud and deception.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

This is very observant....

His national pride is interesting though, as he holds emotional investment in his nation's history I wonder if he equally feels shame for how natives were treated. It must be a heavy burden to carry the actions of one's ancestors to the point it creates an emotional response.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'm not proud of America anymore because it's full of idiots and evil people.

What was a wonderful place is being purposefully turned into a third world hellhole in many places.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

It's a pity the OP seems to have bailed on his thread, I'd have been interested to read his opinion regarding my comments.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Amusing rant.
I'm curious though, why do you feel the people of Greenland should be ashamed of themselves?

Because they are openly against people of colour (other than Green). This should be obvious from their country name.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

The bastards!!

#nongreenlivesmatter
edit on 13.5.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Yes I am, always have been, will always be. Its the country I was born in and will die here with pride.
Humanity, well that's another can of worms.

edit on 13-5-2017 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Have to hand it to them, they have got it away with it all this time by hiding in the open. I think Fugglehop deserves some form of International recognition for bringing it to people's attention.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join