It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you proud of your country???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This is a simple question answer op…

I am an American and I'm proud of my country because we walked on the moon, split the storm and created the best form of republic since it's inception in Ancient Rome who adopted democracy from Athens...

As a child of British imperialism I feel a kindred bond with Canada, Australia, India, and all former British colonies...

Aside from the moon and the atom splitting the point of pride highest [on my radar] is the society of Japan...
Japan's existence is a direct result of American Exceptionalism and her perfect constitution is proof of our founders brilliance and the beneficence and magnanimity of my personal hero Douglas MacArthur[with additional thanks to General Whitney and Colonel Kades with respect to the Japanese Constitution]...

Anyhow, I digress...

The point of the op is is to gauge the amount of national pride at TS…
I am a Texan who loves his country and has immense pride in the accomplishments of my fellow citizens and of the accomplishments across the globe from the various wayward children of Britain's mighty imperial era...

So what say you ATS...
Are y'all proud of y'alls country?
If so why or why not?

-Chris
edit on 12-5-2017 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

I have great pride in the USA. I willingly chose to enter the service and pledged to give my life if necessary to it's defense. I don't always like the decisions politicians make and don't always like the way things turn out, but 100% still proud to be American, and make no apologies for being such. I would hope any citizen of any country would be equally as proud of their homeland. Plus, it seems this country is a pretty good place to be, since lots of folks are trying to get in and few are trying to get out.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Not for nothing we also invented space ghost....
Not kidding: his cartoon and later the talk show on adult swim was perfection!!

GREAT AVATAR!!!

-Chris

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

As an American, it's not politically correct to criticize this country.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I am a Texan as well, third generation, and I'm very proud of my country, i.e., Texas.

The USA? Not so much. Yea, the invention of the Republic was a masterful piece of work, but to my eye, its been pretty much downhill from there. The truth is, I honestly don't know what "America" is any more. I don't much trust anyone not from fly-over-country. The situation is a mess and I resent anyone trying to describe me as who I am by calling me an "American". I know what it means to be a Texan. I do not understand what it means to be an American anymore and as far as the US is concerned, I describe myself as an Expat.

Thanks

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Proud to be an American? Of course. This is my home.

Proud to be human? That's another question entirely.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I'm neither proud or ashamed of the UK.
It is a political entity of government over the people who live on a collection of islands.
I only feel pride or shame for my individual, personal actions or words.
I've never done blind nationalism.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I am extremely proud of my country, its Imperial history and the huge contribution it has made to the shape of modern civilised world. It is not perfect, but there is much to celebrate and reason to be proud of the contributions made by individuals, groups and organisations that have done great things for the best of reasons.
edit on 12-5-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

I'm neither proud or ashamed of the UK.
It is a political entity of government over the people who live on a collection of islands.
I only feel pride or shame for my individual, personal actions or words.
I've never done blind nationalism.

My "nationalism", to use your term, is never blind.
You would be heartened to study the country under whose flag you live…

Britain has a magnificent history and forged one of the greatest civilizations our species ever mustered...

The entire world, in one way or another, has been mightily affected by British sensibilities…

It pains me to hear someone from Britain so ignorant of its historical importance…
And "importance" is a word that may not be sufficient to describe Britain's impact on this good earth...

-Chris
edit on 12-5-2017 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

good riddance!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I'm a 6th generation Texan on my moms side and 9th on my dads...

Long live the Republic of Texas!!!

I have relatives in a few battles from Goliad to adobe walls(read about that one if u get a chance)…

-Chris

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I'm not ignorant of what Britain has done, don't be so ridiculous.
I just said I feel neither pride or shame.
I had nothing to do with events in history so I only feel pride or shame for my personal actions or words.
Be proud of other people's actions if you like, but don't mistake my lack of pride for ignorance of history.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Wasn't Texas supposed to have secede from the union? What's taking so long?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
No, I'm proud of things I've done and achieved, it's not necessary for me to piggyback the success of others simply because I happen to have been born on the same bit of dirt.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Not to turn this thread into an "Are you proud of Texas?" thread, but I'm a Texan too and proud of it... at least 3rd generation... working on a 4th

I'm bipolar on my American pride - most days I couldn't be more proud but there are many days when I question everything about this great country.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
No!
Why should i?

One can be proud of something he did with his own hands, brain.
But why should one be proud of the country he just coincidentally was born in

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
No, I'm proud of things I've done and achieved, it's not necessary for me to piggyback the success of others simply because I happen to have been born on the same bit of dirt.

Lol, exactly what i wanted to say!!!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Exactly how I feel.
Similarly I'm not 'proud' of my son's achievements in life, he's got there through his own hard work and effort.
I am proud of my parenting record, but his achievements are for him to be proud of, not me.

*edit*
I don't understand 'pride' for ancestors who fought in any wars either, they did it, not me.
One of my brothers fought in the Falklands in '82, he's proud of his service, why should I be proud? I didn't do it, I was a kid, I'm not stealing pride for something I had nothing to do with.
edit on 12.5.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I think, but don't really know, that the only way that could happen is if 49 States voted Texas out of the "Union"? And that's highly unlikely considering that near half of the US military personnel and equipment are based in Texas. (Well.......it feels that way, anyway).

Same problem with Calexit.........too many naval bases. (and hookers and blow).

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hmm this is a trick question for me. Germans are not allowed to be proud of their country. I like my country but i also agree with DerBeobachter. I hate Merkel with a passion for instances but she is still my chancellor. However if someone threatens my fellow german citizen i'm ready to defend them with my life. I don't like the direction Germany is currently taking though. Too many people just close their eyes and pretend we have no real problems. I already stated that my heart beats part red,white and blue and the other part black,red and gold.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join