It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Department will again use Private Prisons

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

If you think the state Obama left the economy to Trump being better than the state Bush left the economy to Obama is "highly subjective" then I truly wonder about your logical applications. The differences are night and day apparent.

the nation was clearly divided before he was even sworn in. The odds were completely against him the moment he started his campaign.

Boohoo. That was a problem of his own making (and one he continues to exacerbate with his constant attacks on anything he doesn't like). His gloating, boasting, and demanding that people agree with him just because he won isn't doing anything to endear people to him.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That's where I disagree with you, the division was definitely not all his own doing, and if you disagree with that, I will also have to question your "logical application"

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

That's where I disagree with you, the division was definitely not all his own doing, and if you disagree with that, I will also have to question your "logical application"

The division existed beforehand, but Trump did everything in his power to drive a HUGE wedge into the divide to make it so much worse.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

So the constant demonization purposely spun on him on a daily basis has no influence whatsoever?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Yeah!...Take away from the true meaning by saying "Private Prisons" and neglecting to state it more clearly for the more dull of us as " For Profit Prisons".

Every reasonable sized town I know of has an old Walmart store that closed when they moved across the street or whatever standing vacant. Let's just get on with it and turn those into incarceration facilities, the truth of "for profit prisons" is already pasted right over the entrance.

WalMart Prisons: You never get quite what you paid for till the return period has expired, and you realize you paid a whole lot more than it's worth after it's too damned late to get your money back.

I told you that Trump fella would look out for the interests of himself and people like himself, his cronies.

NOTHING EVER CHANGES!!!!.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The media is mean to every President. That's how it always works. I could say the same about Obama and conservative media, but Obama didn't cry daily about it and try to label the media as a an enemy of the American people.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

That doesn't answer my question. Regardless, it was a rhetorical one, I know you aren't naive enough to disagree.

But imo you would be naive to disagree the media is an enemy. I already know your stance on this so no need to comment any further.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I'm not naive about anything. I just trust the media more than I trust Trump. I am also 100% confident in my ability to read and dismiss propaganda and attempts to sway my position. Just because I don't shirk away from the news doesn't mean that I implicitly trust all of it. There is plenty of stuff I ignore all the time. That goes for liberal sources and conservatives sources.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

My apologies, I misread your wording, regarding division.

But regarding the opinion of people, about Barack Obama, yes you DO measure a Presidencies worth by facts and figures. If you do not, then you permit media bias to turn a generally good thing (with the aforementioned problems notwithstanding) into a generally bad thing.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join