It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is headed toward a Civil War

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

I don't watch Fox news and didn't know Bill O'Reilly was smart enough to see that far ahead.

Ah, yes. Oreilly is known for his super powers.

What I do know is that you've had the luxury of seeing multiple times how the left is employing ISLAM - I can't believe I must repeat: You won't recognize it as the civil war that it is.

That's a whole lot of nutty nonsense. The Left is not employing Islam.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: introvert

I really, really, honestly have no idea why people are foaming at the mouth at the concept of a civil war.

Absolutely # delusional.

Partanship > Country

This is such an ignorant thread filled with non-sensical replies lol.

Agreed. There will not be a civil war, but for some reason it's been brought-up numerous times recently.

What's even more interesting, is that the talk of civil war really took off after Bill Oreilly mentioned it on his show at the end of the election.

Too many people watching Fox News, I suppose.

Kind of like the trendy buzzwords like snowflake and triggered.

These terms were never used on ATS until the MSM caught onto them and perpetuated them.

Exactly. Those that seem to complain about fake news and the MSM sure do seem to catch on quickly to their propaganda buzzwords. There is a reason for that, but that's a thread in and of itself.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: Justoneman
Well I guess it explains the black part, not the christian part.

Touche'. I can see your point.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Why do you choose to be blind?

I myself got glasses and contacts because I hate being blind.

I'll speak slower. I don't know if it will come through on text, however.

The left is defending ISLAM, a far-right authoritarian ideology which seeks to destroy every single thing the left stands for.

You are an intelligent creature, I've seen you speak. The implications certainly could not elude you?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I hope we are heading toward a Civil War. You can say what you want, but the Right shows their stripes (and stars) while the left is nothing but a group of terrorist liars. IF...and that is a big if...there is a Civil War, I'm ready to do "my thing". The extreme left's time is done and if they won't die peacefully...they can die bloody.

Tit-for-tat as they say.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: Justoneman
Well I guess it explains the black part, not the christian part.

Christian because he's not working for money, but instead he has chosen to sit in a seat that is practically suicide for anyone who does what is right.

If your head is a perpetual target, you need a miracle.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Just look at it this way. We are nominally the same religion. We each can not be entirely certain that being Christian means the same thing to the other. But we would be grouped together as Christians to those who are not Christian.

I am generally someone who stays in the center politically. But at the moment I am more right leaning on certain things. From your posts. It sounds like you are too. The Far Left would probably call us both conservative. Even though I agree with the Left at times.

My point being that even though we would be grouped together under certain labels. We do not see everything the same way. All Muslims don't see everything the same way either. Your whole argument calls for all Muslims to see everything the same way. For the whole Left to see everything the same way.

Otherwise your whole, Islam will fight the Lefts civil war if we have an upcoming civil war, argument evaporates into thin air.

A conflict like you are talking about, I don't dismiss. Its just if, a big if, it were to ever happen. It will be farther in the future. Generations from now. You talked about earthquakes in another post. About small ripples before a large quake. In reference to the 60's and 70's. Maybe your misinterpreting a small ripple for a large quake. And Islam being bad is not even what this thread is about.

Any civil war that would happen in the short term. Would have the Left and the Right as the primary participates. Although continuing your own earthquake analogy. Things now have not even reached the levels of divisiveness seen in the 60's and 70's. So everything being talked about in this thread might just be small ripples.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I really, really, honestly have no idea why people are foaming at the mouth at the concept of a civil war.

Absolutely # delusional.

Partanship > Country

This is such an ignorant thread filled with non-sensical replies lol.

Agreed. There will not be a civil war, but for some reason it's been brought-up numerous times recently.

What's even more interesting, is that the talk of civil war really took off after Bill Oreilly mentioned it on his show at the end of the election.

Too many people watching Fox News, I suppose.

Personally I think you both are incredibly short sighted and lack the insight if you truly believe civil war is some impossible fantasy we are only imagining. Either that or you both are too insecure and scared to face the truth. Civil war is not irrational or improbable at this point and we are already on the path towards it.

I did not say it's not possible. I just said it's not going to happen.

It appears that many people are falling for this narrative that we are a deeply divided nation and that we must engage in an epic showdown to decide which ideology is supreme. Of course that's bull#.

We may talk tough on the internet, but the vast majority of us are civil and respectful in real life...even though we disagree. There are people on both sides that go to extremes, but I do not see an indication of civil war coming.

All I see is drama queens continuing to be drama queens.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: TomLawless
Today's liberals wouldn't last a week in a war. I'm not worried about a civil war.

There are plenty of liberals fighting in "wars" as we speak.
|

Really, then why do they want us disarmed. Not since the volunteer army replaced the draft did many Liberals join Intr. Your not going to get away with that one. I happen to know first hand that statement you made is way, way wrong.

You don't think there are any liberals in the armed forces?

I'd like to see the evidence you have to support that.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
I hope we are heading toward a Civil War. You can say what you want, but the Right shows their stripes (and stars) while the left is nothing but a group of terrorist liars. IF...and that is a big if...there is a Civil War, I'm ready to do "my thing". The extreme left's time is done and if they won't die peacefully...they can die bloody.

Tit-for-tat as they say.

I star you with a comment that I don't hope for a civil war at all. I have kids but if the left brings i agree with you and paraphrase your point that if they do start one they will get what they didn't realize they were asking and it will not be pretty.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: SaturnFX

Back in 08-10, we had tea party folks with just as much ferver in opposing Obama as what the left is doing now.

That just isn't true.

The Tea Party never came close to what critics of the current administration are doing.

From Ferguson to Berkeley.

Yes they did, did you pay attention to any of the crap Oath Keepers pulled? The Bundy Ranch issue was damn near a shootout with an armed militia group.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

Just look at it this way. We are nominally the same religion. We each can not be entirely certain that being Christian means the same thing to the other. But we would be grouped together as Christians to those who are not Christian.

I am generally someone who stays in the center politically. But at the moment I am more right leaning on certain things. From your posts. It sounds like you are too. The Far Left would probably call us both conservative. Even though I agree with the Left at times.

My point being that even though we would be grouped together under certain labels. We do not see everything the same way. All Muslims don't see everything the same way either. Your whole argument calls for all Muslims to see everything the same way. For the whole Left to see everything the same way.

Otherwise your whole, Islam will fight the Lefts civil war if we have an upcoming civil war, argument evaporates into thin air.

A conflict like you are talking about, I don't dismiss. Its just if, a big if, it were to ever happen. It will be farther in the future. Generations from now. You talked about earthquakes in another post. About small ripples before a large quake. In reference to the 60's and 70's. Maybe your misinterpreting a small ripple for a large quake. And Islam being bad is not even what this thread is about.

Any civil war that would happen in the short term. Would have the Left and the Right as the primary participates. Although continuing your own earthquake analogy. Things now have not even reached the levels of divisiveness seen in the 60's and 70's. So everything being talked about in this thread might just be small ripples.

I didn't deny personality, nor individuality. But when you understand the Muslim mentality, or rather, a non-western mentality, you find that a god is central and necessary to thought.

Since they have access to the Qu'ran and the Bible, for the majority, this is their fork in the road, because of the way the non-western middle eastern thinking person thinks.

Think about it.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: SaturnFX

Back in 08-10, we had tea party folks with just as much ferver in opposing Obama as what the left is doing now.

Are you sure about that? Do you think the tea party compares to BLM in size or motivation?

Or in property damage?
edit on 4-2-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: DeadMoonJester

Explain the pedo symbols then. I guess you're coincidence theorist. How much of a coincidence would it be for all of these pedo symbols to show up over and over again when dealing with these people? One in a few billion? Maybe it would be reaching if it weren't for the fact that this elite establishment have already been accused of paedophilia for decades now.

Accused. Stop accusing people and finally prove it. Get real evidence and not some symbols you and others think represent something meaningful.

Pizzagate was a disaster and made even bigger fools out of the conspiracy community.

link   

I don't watch Fox news and didn't know Bill O'Reilly was smart enough to see that far ahead.

Ah, yes. Oreilly is known for his super powers.

The Left is not employing Islam.

I've spoken to you...replied to you, and while I feel you are wrong...I respect that you are intelligent. That is the truth and I never ignore the truth. But I must say this.

If you don't see what Islam is all about, from their side and how it has become a tool of the left...I think you are limiting your value and your capabilities. I'm simply going to make a suggestion and you can decide if you wish to educate yourself. And I don't mean indoctrinate...I mean educate.

Spend some time with an open mind speaking with, or reading about our military citizens and their experience in the Middle East. Read what their Commanders say, what their government says and what they...as boots on the ground, know. Follow that investigative path for a week and you may find yourself...enlightened. No! Don't just read and believe...think...ponder and look.

You, my friend...may be shocked. And if you are...I will welcome you as a learned person, not an ignorant person who made mistakes.

I hope that makes sense. But please...try this path and see what YOU decide.
edit on 2/4/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: TomLawless
Today's liberals wouldn't last a week in a war. I'm not worried about a civil war.

There are plenty of liberals fighting in "wars" as we speak.
|

Really, then why do they want us disarmed. Not since the volunteer army replaced the draft did many Liberals join Intr. Your not going to get away with that one. I happen to know first hand that statement you made is way, way wrong.

You don't think there are any liberals in the armed forces?

I'd like to see the evidence you have to support that.

I DO see some yes. Just that there is almost no one who wasn't drafted is what I am saying and the draft has been gone a long time.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Without exception I'm here everyday, but rarely login since loosing the ability to access my orig. acct. and its to say..

There have been many changes over my 53 yrs, but its not often has there's been such a pathetic attempt by the left
on America in all its greatness and our way of life. Remember the Patriots are still here..

We came out on election day and we will do our by our part if deemed necessary to protect our Great Nation.

Step back and Look at the big picture and maybe even see who is the real enemy here.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

edit on 0100000002pm220172804X by HumanoidX because: typo

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I see a liberal as a patriot, a real American. A true liberal will make every effort to hear and understand the point of view of another person. A true conservative makes no such claim. Considering that no person on Earth asks to be here but should have the inalienable right to live their life as they choose (as long as it does not harm another person), does it not fit that a person should at least respect the perspective of others? This is not the same as agreement, of course, but it does follow in the vein of can't we all just get along? If a person truly believes in America and its constitution, is it not incumbent upon that person to allow others to live their lives as they choose, assuming that person is in pursuit of happiness and is not harming others, whether in agreement or not with alternate perspectives? That's the way I see it anyhow, and IMHO it is wrong to demand others conform to arbitrary laws that are made with the stroke of a pen. There are ample things that are legal that should be illegal, and vice versa. It's just a matter of perspective.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Why do you choose to be blind?

I myself got glasses and contacts because I hate being blind.

I think I have a pretty good grip on things, but I appreciate the concern.

The left is defending ISLAM, a far-right authoritarian ideology which seeks to destroy every single thing the left stands for.

Islam should be defended, as religious freedom is everyone's right. I don't see Islam seeking to destroy anything. I see groups of people using religion and culture as an excuse to commit horrible acts.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

"I don't recall the Tea Party burning and looting pharmacies or smashing the glass out of Starbucks storefronts."

...or beating innocent bystanders almost to death for having a different opinion,attacking the police,looting,etc.

The leftist rioters and blm are homegrown terrorists.

I honestly hope that President Trump sends in the National Guard/SWAT Teams into ALL future riots with orders to shoot to kill.
edit on 4-2-2017 by angryproctologist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join