It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is headed toward a Civil War

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarumphHarumph
a reply to: TarzanBeta

He's not going to fund an army of armchair warriors. He funds agitators and groups of thugs not battalions of people on one side or the other. When I see Soros arming U.S Citizens with artillery, grenades, flamethrowers, etc then maybe.

There won't be any armchair warriors when the power goes out.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The left would be way too foolish to even try to start something. The military will support Trump around 99.9 percent. Also, those who day dream of such a thing are very foolish. People you know, people you love, will die. Globalist need to simmer down, you made your play and you failed. And you will continue to fail.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: deuceawesome

originally posted by: HarumphHarumph
Unless someone is going to fund people to get off their collective a$$, no civil war will happen. People love to remind everyone else how ready they are and prepared for civil war, unrest, national meltdown etc but talk is cheap. People out there will demonstrate as is their right to do so and I believe paid agitators will most likely always infiltrate. Portions of violence will almost always happen and I believe it's controlled and how long it goes on for media ratings and further reason eventually to strip away more freedoms. Just my opinion.

A topic that has interested me of late is the anti war protests of the late 60's and early 70's. Would like to hear from anyone who was a part of that. The "hippies" vs the "patriots". Kent state shooting of protesters. Riots.

No civil war came of that and it makes these times look like Kumbaya.

I agree fully. That very topic was a conversation I was having yesterday with my boss.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
The tea party also wasn't shutting down anyone's free speech.

Nor are these protesters. every time they try to silence Milo (for instance), it goes from a hundred or so people hearing him to millions.
These protesters are to alt-right speech what the moms of the 80s burning heavy metal albums were to metal..great marketing.

Now then, the right wing has a majority, has house, senate, and potus. will have the SCOTUS stacked. Are you still not feeling heard?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: JAY1980
I almost feel disgusted I once associated with this ideology...

hmm
I think your biggest issue, as mine, is the progressive push within the liberal mainstream...it has rapidly become the loudest voice on the left, and now to say you are a liberal (such as Bill Maher), people assume you are a progressive (like your typical blue haired sjw).
So that sucks.

I've moved more to the center and away from any and all of the above. I still have stances based in some principles, but yeah, I tend to classify myself more of a civil libertarian with nuances than anything else..its too hard explaining a old school liberalism under the weight the progressives have made. The left is split..but the right is also..and I think its a good thing.

The center is a good place to be. You can swing back and forth depending on the issues at the time and what matters to your life. In my twenty years of voting I am happy to say I have voted for both liberal and conservative parties. I have a hard time talking politics anymore with people because the majority are just so entrenched with what they "believe"

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
We need a good civil war.... it's been a while. Would be nice to put an end to all this foolishness for a while and we have relative calm for another 150 years.... well worth it

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I really, really, honestly have no idea why people are foaming at the mouth at the concept of a civil war.

Absolutely # delusional.

Partanship > Country

This is such an ignorant thread filled with non-sensical replies lol.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: deuceawesome

Hahah I couldn't help but laugh when I read your post some lady came into my work yesterday handing out Jesus pamphlets... I do agree that religion has been used to the most evil of ends as of recent but instead of the religion we the people always fail to blame the people funding everything from the shadows until that blankets pulled off nothing can really begin to change because the greateat mind control device ever invented( TV) is already well into work on peoples minds and hearts.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: SaturnFX

Back in 08-10, we had tea party folks with just as much ferver in opposing Obama as what the left is doing now.

Are you sure about that? Do you think the tea party compares to BLM in size or motivation?

I see a difference in the fervor too.
I don't recall the Tea Party burning and looting pharmacies or smashing the glass out of Starbucks storefronts.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: deuceawesome

originally posted by: JAY1980
I almost feel disgusted I once associated with this ideology...

hmm
I think your biggest issue, as mine, is the progressive push within the liberal mainstream...it has rapidly become the loudest voice on the left, and now to say you are a liberal (such as Bill Maher), people assume you are a progressive (like your typical blue haired sjw).
So that sucks.

I've moved more to the center and away from any and all of the above. I still have stances based in some principles, but yeah, I tend to classify myself more of a civil libertarian with nuances than anything else..its too hard explaining a old school liberalism under the weight the progressives have made. The left is split..but the right is also..and I think its a good thing.

The center is a good place to be. You can swing back and forth depending on the issues at the time and what matters to your life. In my twenty years of voting I am happy to say I have voted for both liberal and conservative parties. I have a hard time talking politics anymore with people because the majority are just so entrenched with what they "believe"

I tend to use barroom etiquette in public. no discussions of religion or politics (they are the same)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Trump has amped up a lot of white nationalists and this whole thing has taken on a very, very ugly and dark tone. (on both sides of the aisle)

This is the main area in which our thoughts diverge. It was liberals, sjw's, and the pc culture that amped up white nationalists. That is how Trump got elected. "Everyone else" got fed up with this nonsense and decided it was time for this garbage to end.

I think we will see more people standing up for the flag and what it stands for in the future. The hero Fed Ex guy of recent days who stopped a flag burning is an example. The wussy little liberals 'almost' made it a physical confrontation. They didn't quite have the balls to do it, but they came close - probably because they outnumbered the guy 10-1. I can see them in a similar confrontation taking a shot at the guy from behind. And I can also see someone else jumping in and taking one of their heads off for doing it.

There will be violence along these lines but I do not think it will escalate to full scale civil war. There are still too many people who remember what war is like for that to happen. Wars are typically started by people who never experienced war firsthand. When this coddled generation pushes that envelope far enough and gets a taste of what war feels like things will calm down quickly. They don't have what it takes to engage in a long drawn out military campaign. One good smack upside the head will probably change most of their minds pretty quick.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
I really, really, honestly have no idea why people are foaming at the mouth at the concept of a civil war.

Absolutely # delusional.

Partanship > Country

Agreed. There will not be a civil war, but for some reason it's been brought-up numerous times recently.

What's even more interesting, is that the talk of civil war really took off after Bill Oreilly mentioned it on his show at the end of the election.

Too many people watching Fox News, I suppose.
edit on 4-2-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
Well, this country is torn three directions. Traditional rightest, traditional leftist, and an ever growing body of Independents who think both sides have done nothing but their damnedest to destroy this country. It's a recipe for the perfect storm.

You are spot on imho. Can't stand the middle so they destroy us form both ends. TRUMP MAGA is one last chance or it won't matter anyway, there will be no freedom if this doesn't work. We will have undone the Magna Carta.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: SaturnFX

Back in 08-10, we had tea party folks with just as much ferver in opposing Obama as what the left is doing now.

Are you sure about that? Do you think the tea party compares to BLM in size or motivation?

NO way, that is a f'n lie. Those in the middle aren't buying that BS. "Tea Baggers" where the smart ones after the dust settled. Tea Party and the Green Party should replace the R's and D's.......
edit on 4-2-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
The tea party also wasn't shutting down anyone's free speech.

Nor are these protesters. every time they try to silence Milo (for instance), it goes from a hundred or so people hearing him to millions.
These protesters are to alt-right speech what the moms of the 80s burning heavy metal albums were to metal..great marketing.

Now then, the right wing has a majority, has house, senate, and potus. will have the SCOTUS stacked. Are you still not feeling heard?

Yeah the only problem is all means of information are controlled by democrats and the left.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Do you honestly believe if a civil war happened. The left would bring in armies of Muslims to fight for them?

I think you are fantasizing about a grand apocalyptic holy war. Where the Left allies with Islam and the Right with Christianity. Which severely over simplifies the concepts of Left, Right, Christian, Muslim. Into a simple duality. Good/Evil.

You would first need all of Christendom to unify. All of Islam to unify. The left and right within themselves to be of one mind, members completely agreeing on everything. When it's really more nuanced than that. Lets say that all does happen though. It would still take generations to get to the point.

If a civil war happened in the next decade. Islam would play a very small role if any. Their power base is not big enough in this country yet. And they are not even unified amongst themselves. Just look at Syria. How many Muslim sides are there in Syria?

Of course Islam would try to take over any country they become the majority in. But I think you are letting your religion become the lens through which you see how events are playing out.

Even if we let refugees in at the rates Obama was letting them in. It would be generations before they become the majority. And even then. They probably would not become the majority. You would still have the current breeding population of the United States and immigrants from places such as Mexico. Which last I checked was Catholic not Muslim.

The left uses Islam at times. The same way the right uses Islam at times. Neither are allied with it.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Absolutely # delusional.

Partanship > Country

Agreed. There will not be a civil war, but for some reason it's been brought-up numerous times recently.

What's even more interesting, is that the talk of civil war really took off after Bill Oreilly mentioned it on his show at the end of the election.

I don't watch Fox news and didn't know Bill O'Reilly was smart enough to see that far ahead.

What I do know is that you've had the luxury of seeing multiple times how the left is employing ISLAM - I can't believe I must repeat: You won't recognize it as the civil war that it is.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I think the tone of the op is dangerous, anybody with liberal leanings have been co opted by a muslim conspiracy, women who dare to leave their homes, have been co opted by a muslim conspiracy, anybody not a trump supporter is a danger to the US. Freaky times for you in the States, witch trials await.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
And we'll see it in our life time. I think we are getting close to calling Liberals Domestic Terrorists and that is dangerous. That is how inner-war gets started. That is how it starts in other war torn countries. A lot of people out there think there is a Left / Globalist / Communist / Muslim cabal of sorts pulling these strings.

Or could "Civil War" be too strong of a term for this? Could we be in a "Cold Civil War" currently that is headed toward full blown War?

Anyway, a friend of mine showed me this blog. And while I don't agree with a lot of it, it makes me wonder just how common this rhetoric is in America right now:

The Great Social Earthquake

For those who have not understood the events over the past few days, who do not understand why radicalized liberal women would team up with Islamists, the answer is: we are in a cold civil war and you now see the enemy and they see you. Just like putting on uniforms, the sides have been identified. The Women's March was really a demonstration of cooperation, led by Muslims to show how far they have gone in co-opting the liberal agenda and the dedication of their allies. There are only two sides in this fight, the nationalists who believe in America and the principles on which it was founded, regardless of any document and the globalists, who have mobilized the Jihadists and their snowflake allies as their front guard. But, this is not only a civil war, but it meshes with a global war to enslave mankind. There can be no more clear delineation of the sides than the airport protests started by Soros, who is using Islam and Jihadists to help destroy nationalism. One has to discard any other previous political affiliation. Being a Republican does not make one a nationalist, being a Democrat does not make one a globalist. Those terms are not even relevant. This is different, because it is simultaneously a civil war and a global war. Russia, in this war, is not an enemy. They are not necessarily an ally, either, but if they handle their business and we handle ours, nationalism will win. But, this is the fight we have all felt coming, we just didn't see Trump as our leader, but, as many predicted, (not me) a leader will reveal himself when the time comes. Right now, though, we are not exactly offering our support to Trump. He is alone out there standing up for what he thinks is right while protests rage all around. In 2009, Obama had union labor out there counter-protesting the protests by the Tea Party. While they are not exactly analogous, because the Tea Party was not paid and the counter-protesters were, the sides have just flipped, but the Tea Party is not counter-protesting, but someone needs to. This is where I usually throw myself to the wolves and go out to stand in front of the protesters and try to antagonize a response. I am holding off on that right now, because I have other people's money placed in my hand to accomplish a recruiting tool for the next generation. This film, Lies of Omission, I think will be a very valuable tool in the hands of Team Freedom, but it bugs me to sit on the sidelines, when I know action is called for and appropriate. I know there will be other opportunities to engage the enemy, so it is not a question of action or inaction, but one of timing. And, it is not an "all or nothing" proposition, either. One might edit a film and act when appropriate, but that is something I would not reveal here at any rate. What is important is that we see clearly how this is going to happen. It is only a matter of time before a false flag calls down the whirlwind on patriots like us. Listen to Bracken on Alex Jones for a better understanding of how this is inevitable H/T WRSA. We have to be ready to mobilize ourselves. Trump supporters need to get out in the streets and support him and the rest of us need to be ready to support them. The fight we all saw coming was one where the government would turn against us, but that is not what happened and we need to understand the changing dynamic and recognize our role in this war. It is a war, it is no longer posturing. The globalists have come out strong and while I think the government can handle it for the time being, it is only a matter of time before the Marxists and/or the Jihadists take our caution for cowardice and make a direct assault. This is where police forces are divided, cities, towns and states are divided along hard lines. It is only a matter of time before the great earthquake shakes it all apart. Sally Yates committed nothing other than open treason and it was a bold move that no one in her position would make if not to signal others that this is no drill, it is the real thing. Even though she was a temporary AG, she used her actions to maximum effect. The opposition is led by Barack Obama and George Soros. They are busy hiring their army and stockpiling arms. The hinted at training camps in the US are theirs. They will sew discontent until they think the time is right to make a direct assault to overthrow the government and install Barack Obama as dictator. I wish is wasn't so easy to imagine. What a coup for Islam that would be. Steel yourselves.

SOURCE

One has to wonder if that is the mindset in the White House now. They see it as War/Treason and anti-America/Patriot doing what we are seeing with all this flag burning and anti-America/Trump/protests/etc and makes you wonder what the end game is and where this all ends. Both sides need to look in the mirror i think.

There was a time and not so very long ago that people didn't try to make each other out as criminals or evil because they voted a certain way. Trump has amped up a lot of white nationalists and this whole thing has taken on a very, very ugly and dark tone. (on both sides of the aisle)

Now religion seems to be playing a role in this whole fray and that is also dangerous.

So what is the end game? How far down the rabbit hole are we going with this? I think we are already seeing some signs that War is imminent.

Liberals have not "teamed up" with Islamic extremists...

The right wing has just villinized quite a few groups of people...

Gays, blacks , Muslims , feminists, environmentalists, teachers, scientists, anyone not conservative enough for them in the media, democrats, liberals, exc have all been used as political fodder for rightwing politicians and media to create an "other".

"Some one different than we are so all of us should unite against them."

That's all your blog post is doing...

The thing is that white Christian , rightwing conservatives only make up MAYBE , 25% of the population and shrinking..

It's just people are really crappy voters. This election was the lowest turn out in history and trump still lost the popular vote....

The only way the conservative movement stays in power as their base dies off and isn't replenished is by military action...

Which won't happen...I don't think our generals would follow the order to attack Americans on a large scale.

We have a pattern and Joshua I think parroted the LIE.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Absolutely # delusional.

Partanship > Country

Kind of like the trendy buzzwords like snowflake and triggered.

These terms were never used on ATS until the MSM caught onto them and perpetuated them.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join