It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is headed toward a Civil War

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

This is easy to avoid, but it has to be done by the left and I'm not sure they want to avoid it.

Back in 2008-2010, in the infancy of the tea party, there was a conscious effort to keep our movement from being co-opted by violent extremists. The media was against us so we had to snuff everything out before it happened or the movement would never get off of the ground. How much violence was there at tea party rallies? I can recall one incident of a person getting spat on but IIRC the story ended up being bogus, but even if it wasn't that's childs play compared to these riots being incited by leftist organizations.

Contrast that with what we are seeing at the rallies now. Some are full blown riots. Others devolve into looting and valdalism. These are the same actors as the BLM movement, the same as the ones who rioted in Ferguson. If the left won't police its own, the police will police them. And that would be very bad for relations on both sides of the isle.

Civil war is a ways off, but with obama criticizing trump (HUGE NO NO), the courts stopping a completely legal EO, and the rioters, I can see the ground work being layed. As saturn said: the people won't show up to a war with rioting idiots. BUT they will show up when the opposition party starts to disrespect the outcome of elections. Trump is the president. This setup with obama leading an "opposition government" is a bad move.

Also, we're being conditioned into it. See the #resistance and the bureaucracies not following what the executive says. That's an opposition government with supporters. The bureaucracies are not run by elected officials. We are in dangerous times.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Well you used the term "older people". Yes the poor college snowflakes melted like the wicked witch of the West.

Could you please explain this to me???? www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Those were the least violent

I was going to post the insane Ashley Judd clips of her nutty rant.... but its too graphic and I don't want to get banned. Suffice it to say the first time I heard it I was getting physically ill and had to turn it off. As a conservative woman I found her rant to be way over the top, vulgar and cheap.
I cant even find any vids which aren't vile and horrid .....
If there is civil war.... Soros and his paid anarchists are to blame

www.youtube.com... Two of these cities featured I have lived in most my life

Please please explain this to me???? weve lost an entire generation of young people to this leftist insanity

edit on 5-2-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

they will show up when the opposition party starts to disrespect the outcome of elections

The last 8 years prove that to be totally false, although conservatives love to get offended, so maybe it'll be different now.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The right is at a disadvantage so far.

The left has the media

To which everyone knows their names. There are no rules in war, and the number one thing would be to cut their voices. I think I saw this done somewhere, don't remember where. Let's hope it doesn't come to that and George Soros becomes bankrupt from all the money he paid the protestors. Sooner or later the protestors will go away, unless.... the Rothschilds backs him up with their trillions.

*sigh* either way, it's gonna be interesting times.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
Please please explain this to me???? weve lost an entire generation of young people to this leftist insanity

I wont be watching the videos you linked...chances are I have been pushing people to address the same insanity as you. the other side of the horseshoe.

As far as a whole generation lost..I dont see that. the 60s hippy era was far more widespread..what is going on here is fixation on a small part by social media and traditional media for in essence entertainment.

As fun as it is to point out the madness of these morons, it really shouldn't paint your view of an entire age bracket. Outside of a few specific universities, these sjw idiots are few and far between. I go have a few drinks on the weekend, and my travels take me anywhere from a older crowd down to college age kids and their bars, and mostly its the traditional mindsets on display...the odd blue hair once in a great while, but normally its nothing much different between your time, my time, and their time.

Then again, I am in Florida...I imagine if I was hitting campus bars in San Fran, it would be a bit more..colorful

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer
There are no rules in war, and the number one thing would be to cut their voices.

What does this mean?
Sounds a lot like censorship you are wanting to recommend...I would think if any political party tried to silence opposition, all sides should oppose that, regardless of if you agree or disagree with what is being silenced.

1st amendment is protected..if necessary by the 2nd amendment.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Naa, we are fine.
Back in 08-10, we had tea party folks with just as much ferver in opposing Obama as what the left is doing now.

I could be wrong but I don't remember people rioting and having college classes canceled because he won. I for one didn't get my pizza and crayons. Maybe I just missed out though.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Somekindofwizard

Naa, we are fine.
Back in 08-10, we had tea party folks with just as much ferver in opposing Obama as what the left is doing now.

I could be wrong but I don't remember people rioting and having college classes canceled because he won. I for one didn't get my pizza and crayons. Maybe I just missed out though.

Oh, well there you go. someone smashed up a window. civil war confirmed.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Older people tend to be a lot more cordial in their protests

Is that your new "excuse now"?... I guess you have never seen "elderly liberals" rioting and being violent huh?

offs, Glenn Beck made a career out of instigating fear that Obama was literally Hitler and tons of politicians discussing how he must be stopped, 2nd amendment remedys, etc.

Stop trying to change subjects. Did we see the Tea Party promote the assassination of ex-President Obama?...

His cabinet is filled with very concerning people, especially people like Steve Bannon.
Are you honestly asking to show racist groups backing Trump?...I will assume you were not thinking when you asked that. heh. (hint: kkk, neo-nazi movements, etc)

Do you understand English? I know English is not my native language but I wrote show us President Donald J. Trump promoting and backing racists groups like ex-PResident Obama did.

That should be easy for you to understand, isn't it?

Different demographics. the progressives tend to be the tweens..too much time on their hand..damn near cultists. the neocons tend to be the middle age averaging and they aren't gonna start burning down their home..hell, most of their protests tend to be before dinner.
I agree the left riots are far more violent..and a lot more unfocused and ineffectual.

BS, there are young conservatives as well and they don't go rioting like the left does and inciting violence like the left has been doing.

Irrelevant to the topic.

Ah, so it's irrelevant to show the hypocrisy from the left?... Is that why you keep making excuses as to why the left is more and more violent?...

edit on 5-2-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

One can only hope....

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Somekindofwizard

Naa, we are fine.

Oh, well there you go. someone smashed up a window. civil war confirmed.
The former president and his change agents have been fomenting this for some time. Soros his handler has been bankrolling front groups that stir up trouble and riot and protest everywhere. It's not just grassroots. Really it would be refreshing if some people would admit where the violence is coming from.
I will say though I've always found you personally to be civil.
edit on 6-2-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I think you are correct. I pray it doesn't come to this, but it is looking more and more feasible by the day.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
Soros his handler has been bankrolling front groups that stir up trouble and riot and protest everywhere.

I dismiss the Soros boogieman as just a conspiracy theory. if a conservative gets a toothache, its Soros.

However

I accept that you have a generation of marxist/progressive scholars who have infiltrated universities to the highest levels and are manipulating kids into becoming a footsoldier for these culture warriors. Its a clear root that spawned in the late 60s, the kids of them in the 90s tried pushing that and failed, and those kids then went on to become the teachers/professors of today now molding.

If it was just one guy, it would be far easier to defeat..sadly its a culture being pushed by many. Soros isn't a stupid person and has toppled communist governments and his MO has always been peaceful resistance to attain sympathy and pop support. What is going on here (agatators pushing for anarchy) reminds me far more of the anti-globalist rioters of the 90s who would show up to peaceful demostrations and start havoc. They decidedly have the opposite effect. Its a interesting consideration to therefore wonder who benefits the most from making these progressive kids protesting look bad...you could end up looking at Koch as a more logical funding source, but I dont believe thats the case either...at least, no solid evidence pointing that out

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

originally posted by: neo96
If it does come to this.

The right is at a disadvantage so far.

The left has the media waging a pysop on the masses 'winning their hearts, and minds'.

However my money is on the right.

After all if we are as bad as we have been made out to be.

Should the LEFT really be snipping us off?

Don't forget, they've made allies with Islam. What they don't realize is that if their campaign is successful, they will have enslaved and castrated the only people who would have saved them. Islam will about-face unto their liberal allies and they will slaughter them without any hesitation. The left holds views that are in direct opposition to Sharia.

The fools.

How do you "ally with Islam"? Islam makes up something like 6 billion people around the world. It isn't a unified force and is fractionalized and has many denominations just like Christianity does.

Saying "such-and-such made allies with Islam" is a nonsense phrase.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

As far as a whole generation lost..I dont see that. the 60s hippy era was far more widespread..what is going on here is fixation on a small part by social media and traditional media for in essence entertainment.

As fun as it is to point out the madness of these morons, it really shouldn't paint your view of an entire age bracket. Outside of a few specific universities, these sjw idiots are few and far between.

I feel I should point out that a number of us SJWs are from the hippie era ... and the same era as the Civil Rights marches. So it's us and our kids and our grandkids and our friends out there.

We're not dead yet.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
How do you "ally with Islam"? Islam makes up something like 6 billion people around the world. It isn't a unified force and is fractionalized and has many denominations just like Christianity does.

Exactly. And the trouble in the Middle East (as some of you may remember) is Shias versus Sunnis (kind of like the Catholics vs the Protestants in Northern Ireland.)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Exactly. And the trouble in the Middle East (as some of you may remember) is Shias versus Sunnis (kind of like the Catholics vs the Protestants in Northern Ireland.)

Exactly! The target of MOST Islamic terror is other Muslims.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Islam makes up 1.6 billion people. Not 6 billion. Just to keep the record straight here.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay

a reply to: SaturnFX

That just isn't true.

The Tea Party never came close to what critics of the current administration are doing.

From Ferguson to Berkeley.

They took over federal land with guns

Let's be perfectly clear.

A single event does NOT equate to what the left has consistently done across this country, and keeps escalating it.

Apples to oranges.

First off, you snowflakes would have a field day if left wingers took over anything with guns. There would be calls of treason and that they should all be executed.

But, ok, I'll grant you that left wing protests more often turn violent, right wingers turn to terror. Blowing up buildings, planning chemical or biological attacks, blowing up abortion clinics, burning down mosques, synagogues, etc. So yeah, left wingers break stuff in the name of their beliefs, right wingers kill people in the name of their belief. And if you think there's not evidence for that:

markhumphrys.com...

www.splcenter.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join