It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to recognize the spirit of God.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

So basically what you're saying is, Christians should only hang around other Christians because other people with different beliefs might challenge theirs on some level?

Actually I prefer to hang out with atheists and non believers..... I enjoy the challenge with hope of enlightenment.

Whats wrong with that? You surround yourself with people of different religious beliefs then it will either help you gain insight and change your beliefs or reinforce what you already believe to be true. To me its a moot point because all religions when boiled down to their roots all stem from the Golden rule.

And right here is the problem.....by you saying.... Gain insight and CHANGE your BELIEFS .... this is wolf in sheep clothing. Here lies the danger and the Golden rule will not save you..... it just makes you a good person and being good does not get you into heaven. Think about that.

Actually, if you read Jesus teachings, he preached about compassion and set many examples of making believers in God out of unbelievers.

EXACTLY but is that ALL he preached? Can we live by this one statement alone? Will this one statement of the Golden Rule get us to heaven?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Matthew 18: 12-14
12 “What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? 13 And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. 14 In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish.

Matthew 5:16
"In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven".

Matthew 5:43-44
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.

Luke 5:31
"It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick,"

Never forget, religious control freak nutjobs were the ones that killed Jesus in the first place. Your entire OP is why I don't go to church or claim a religion. I do however love God and want to be with him when I breathe my last. And guess what, the God that I have come to know and have a personal relationship with is not going to turn me away because I have not hung around people that only share my beliefs.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Why are you yelling? I am just asking questions. You are believing that. For as long as your god doesn't rapture you, the people of this planet probably would want to ask you a few questions. Or where is that heaven?
Is it more a "different dimension"?

Who was it that says when typing in all capital letters someone is yelling and screaming? lol

Maybe trying to emphasis a sentence or word due its importance....maybe?

Rapture would be a nice thing but that word started not in the bible but in the 1800's by a preacher by John Darby..

This is a good time to remember that the bible is a MANUAL ( I am not yelling.... important word here...) The bible is about how mankind has failed and a redeemer must come to save mankind ..... this is what the bible is about..... picking text to argue about is why religion has fallen ...... many have taken their eyes off the prize and again.... we go back to this thread how to spot the spirit of God.....

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

He writes this stuff everyday. Two or three threads a day. He doesn't write it for god or for any of the readers here. He writes it for himself. The ultimate virtue signal. He is fulfilling the needs of his own ego, attempting to prove how smart and godly he is, so that he can feel like he has done his part. He is not helping anyone or holding a lantern in the dark. It is just religious masterbation for his ego.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

So basically what you're saying is, Christians should only hang around other Christians because other people with different beliefs might challenge theirs on some level?

Actually I prefer to hang out with atheists and non believers..... I enjoy the challenge with hope of enlightenment.

Whats wrong with that? You surround yourself with people of different religious beliefs then it will either help you gain insight and change your beliefs or reinforce what you already believe to be true. To me its a moot point because all religions when boiled down to their roots all stem from the Golden rule.

And right here is the problem.....by you saying.... Gain insight and CHANGE your BELIEFS .... this is wolf in sheep clothing. Here lies the danger and the Golden rule will not save you..... it just makes you a good person and being good does not get you into heaven. Think about that.

Actually, if you read Jesus teachings, he preached about compassion and set many examples of making believers in God out of unbelievers.

EXACTLY but is that ALL he preached? Can we live by this one statement alone? Will this one statement of the Golden Rule get us to heaven?
In other words, he enjoys preaching and pushing his beliefs onto those who do not want it. You should not listen to those people, you should only listen to deathslayer.

link   

CancerWarrior --- you are not the only one .... I too have beat cancer and without any pain.

You sound bitter and you hang on what versus you like from the bible while you reject others..... this is what a hypocrite does....

I have said nothing in this thread attacking anyone's belief.... you feel attacked... that's all.

link   

Does it wear a hat? I his hair blonde?

OP title is a little misleading.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Well I know who you are as well.... clearly hateful and not a Christian.... I will go for the TIT for TAT you so enjoy. Often I don't even respond to your posts.

You have issues as we all do. Your attacks do not work but only support my beliefs.

Though you do not see ..... your post help many to see who you really are and I pity you. Your post they show what type of attitude not to have.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

CancerWarrior --- you are not the only one .... I too have beat cancer and without any pain.

You sound bitter and you hang on what versus you like from the bible while you reject others..... this is what a hypocrite does....

I have said nothing in this thread attacking anyone's belief.... you feel attacked... that's all.
Wow. You love the taste of foot huh? Calling someone a hypocrite while claiming not to be attacking anyone. Sounds about right. How about all of those times the bible commands you to murder people? Have you murdered anyone lately? Oh, i guess you can cherry pick verses from the bible too. What a hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

And guess what, the God that I have come to know and have a personal relationship with is not going to turn me away because I have not hung around people that only share my beliefs.

Maybe the god you have a personal relationship with is not who you think he is.....because if you think God will accept you based on your statement that God is not going to turn you away because you have not hung around people that share only your beliefs...... well then you missed the mark ..... and you are going to be shocked but hey.... go ahead and hang onto this belief.......free will.

Maybe someday you will understand it takes more than "hanging out" with people of other beliefs.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

a reply to: Woodcarver

Well I know who you are as well.... clearly hateful and not a Christian.... I will go for the TIT for TAT you so enjoy. Often I don't even respond to your posts.

You have issues as we all do. Your attacks do not work but only support my beliefs.

Though you do not see ..... your post help many to see who you really are and I pity you. Your post they show what type of attitude not to have.
Everything supports your beliefs when you invent your own beliefs. My job here is to point out all of your BS and show others that it is ok to speak up to twits like you. Religious bullies who cannot help themselves from shaming others for not agreeing with you. You are so deluded, you think that you are changing minds and helping people. You are a joke, and so are your beliefs.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Have you even read any of your posts? Pot meet kettle.

LOL so now you are telling us what it is we are really feeling? The only thing I feel is annoyance, that people like you can twist the teachings and words of Jesus into something that divides when Jesus himself was pretty adamant about all people (especially unbelievers) needing to seek and find God on their own, nobody can give you the answers or do it for you.

Jesus was pretty clear if you actually read the New testament as well as parts of Galatians and Ephesians that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Rain and sun fall on the unjust and the just alike. That he did not send Jesus for the righteous and only for Christians, but for the sinners and unbelievers. That it is not the act of loving those that are just like you, but the act of loving those who are different from you that sets you apart in the eyes of God.

But hey, lets just ignore the bible verses that don't jive with what you're preaching. A true Christian indeed. Keep it up OP you're doing an excellent job.
edit on 11-1-2017 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

And guess what, the God that I have come to know and have a personal relationship with is not going to turn me away because I have not hung around people that only share my beliefs.

Maybe the god you have a personal relationship with is not who you think he is.....because if you think God will accept you based on your statement that God is not going to turn you away because you have not hung around people that share only your beliefs...... well then you missed the mark ..... and you are going to be shocked but hey.... go ahead and hang onto this belief.......free will.

Maybe someday you will understand it takes more than "hanging out" with people of other beliefs.
You just can't help but shame people for not bowing down to your will. The ego on this guy?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I think you need to feel more power and self-confidence in yourself and your ability to discern when you are being fed all the religious beliefs on every corner of our society-and perhaps let go and believe in your own humanity and not lean so much on "religious" and especially "Christian" teachings so prevalent in our society.

You so want to believe and feel "God" in your "soul" and you are torturing yourself. You need to free yourself from religious
traditions and seek many different "options" to find your soul's spirit.

Don't accept the common beliefs-seek your own.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
So, what you are really saying is that your require a confirmation bias to keep your belief going.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

I think you need to feel more power and self-confidence in yourself and your ability to discern when you are being fed all the religious beliefs on every corner of our society-and perhaps let go and believe in your own humanity and not lean so much on "religious" and especially "Christian" teachings so prevalent in our society.

You so want to believe and feel "God" in your "soul" and you are torturing yourself. You need to free yourself from religious

Have you met God or any spiritual being before?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Perhaps you notice that your OP has only two stars and two flags. It's not like you are well supported in these forums. You turn more people off than otherwise.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Perhaps you notice that your OP has only two stars and two flags. It's not like you are well supported in these forums. You turn more people off than otherwise.

You think this is about stars and flags?

Like I said I pity you.....

MODS can I donate my stars and flags to people who want them?
edit on 11-1-2017 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

Have you met God or any spiritual being before?
Lol. How many times have you hung out with god/spiritual beings?

How many people in this forum believe that you have met god?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

You think this is about stars and flags?

Like I said I pity you.....
It is a clear sign that you have no support and that nobody is buying your judgments of what is true or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join