It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim students demand prayer rooms in every 'major building'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
ITT: People throw hate at poeople for having awareness groups, completely missing the pint their outrage is why such groups need to exit in the first place.

Sorry but why do any of you give a #? You come across as a load of ultra-right wing nazi #s. You have a go at others for raising issues while moaning from behind a screen, quit being an oxegen theif and shoot yourself. If something like this honestly winds you up as much as you portray in this thread you clearly have no life, are sick bitter and twisted people and wont be missed when you die.

I bet not a single one of you even knows what a prayer room is they're so unnoticable and open to anyone and everyone.

Sorry for the rant but I thought the KKK were meant to be extinct
edit on 22-12-2016 by bastion because: (no reason given)

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: mobiusmale

About the LGBTQRSTXYZDSBMKNL.....

They should just call it what it really is... EBSM - everybody but straight men.

I'm a straight male and have never been anything but welcomed by these groups because 1) I don't act a complete and utter # to them and judge people based on race, gender colour and creed and b) most people are good people, don't go in with a massive chip on your shoulder and hate slogans and they may treat you with a bit of respect - it goes both ways.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
ITT: People throw hate at poeople for having awareness groups, completely missing the pint their outrage is why such groups need to exit in the first place.

Sorry but why do any of you give a #? You come across as a load of ultra-right wing nazi #s. You have a go at others for raising issues while moaning from behind a screen, quit being an oxegen theif and shoot yourself. If something like this honestly winds you up as much as you portray in this thread you clearly have no life, are sick bitter and twisted people and wont be missed when you die.

Well, I see that a representative from the tolerant and loving Left has shown up to enlighten us (before we go off and kill ourselves).

There is a difference between raising legitimate issues, and making demands whilst race-baiting, gender and sexual orientation shaming, and faith lording.

That's ok, we'll just continue to struggle away in our cesspool of common sense and belief in actual/true equality - while the progressives lecture us on why believing in such things makes us sexist, racist, xenophobic, misogynistic (etc.) sub-humans who deserve the fates you suggest.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

Well, I see that a representative from the tolerant and loving Left has shown up to enlighten us (before we go off and kill ourselves).

There is a difference between raising legitimate issues, and making demands whilst race-baiting, gender and sexual orientation shaming, and faith lording.

That's ok, we'll just continue to struggle away in our cesspool of common sense and belief in actual/true equality - while the progressives lecture us on why believing in such things makes us sexist, racist, xenophobic, misogynistic (etc.) sub-humans who deserve the fates you suggest.

As i your choice, if youd have had the decency to listen to such groups and counter their positions constructively as a society then there wouldn't be this amatuer dramatics on here where you'r all throwing a hisy fit over a complete non issue

If people feel gender or sexuality shamed by a standard pro rights activist group then it say more about the complainers - even if you're dead set againt their all people are equal idea - fighting against them just makes the right wing come across more inbred than they already do - use a bit of common sense people. Teenagers wanting attention and being poltical is a millenia old thing, get used to it.

And sorry but if you think the US is an equal society (assuming you're from there) then you have a lot to learn - not saying to be harsh just trying to encourage you to gain an education instead of resorting to old tired hate filled arguments that achieve nothing apart from division - how many people from different background and religions have you met this month for instance? Are you aware of all the Mulism and Hindu soup kitchens giving free meals and clothes on christmas - why spew hate when you can help someone instead -call me an airy fairy hippy but it works for me and many, many loved ones around me because we treat people like people and help out where posible or have a quiet word if they're activing out - this is more of a headlining grabbing scare campaign - a prayer room is literrary a cuboard an people are trying to make out it's a catherdral.
edit on 22-12-2016 by bastion because: pes

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Govt' dollars bussing kids to religious services?

Prayer rooms?

They flip out over Christmas decorations and private prayer groups in dorm rooms, I can actually see them being granted this request in spite of Christians and other disenfranchised religions who do not have religious rooms and free transportation to religious centers

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Is it just me, or are letters being added on a weekly basis to the LGBT label. I honestly have no idea what the "I", the "A" or the "+" are supposed to stand for. To save everybody time and effort, why not just contract this to NH (non heterosexual)?

Because then they will be generalized and won't feel special or get the attention they want.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

This group so far has advocated, amongst other things, for racial-based job security, preference based on race and sexual orientation for access to education assistance (which poverty is the main issue with) and a free bus for people I am quite sure are capable of getting the normal bus themselves.

The world would be quite well off without this awareness group if those are among their demands.

About the bus. If a local Muslim group or mosque wants to arrange that, then fine. But the school shouldn't provide it, no more than it should provide one to Christians to go to Church. Separation of Church and State. Hence no room set aside for prayer of any kind. Not to the Abrahamic God, not to Vishnu, not to Pan the Goat God.

Personally I don't think people should be based on their skin colour, sexual orientation, religion, or other stuff like that. Guess i'm a dying breed. Which is deeply concerning since i'm only 26.

Don't the Bible and Quran say to pray in your own home anyway? I read them both and could've sworn I saw something along those lines.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Can we Atheists get some mocking rooms?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I'm a straight male and have never been anything but welcomed by these groups because 1) I don't act a complete and utter # to them and judge people based on race, gender colour and creed and b) most people are good people, don't go in with a massive chip on your shoulder and hate slogans and they may treat you with a bit of respect - it goes both ways.

Thats because they are so oppressed they are afraid of reprisals from white men like yourself. Of course they are polite, you are seen as the oppressor. You need to check your privilege and stay out of their private areas and stop taking advantage of their fear of you.

You power trippin white boy!

/sarcasm

cmd /K "C:SomeFolder/BanHammer.exe"

edit on 12222016 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I probably wouldn't even recognize college anymore. All we were concerned about was getting a degree and having the best time we possibly could while there. And believe me, I had one hell of a time!

It is almost as if people are teaching these kids that being part of a "victim class" or as they said, "marginalized class" is the highest honor one can achieve.....

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Can we Atheists get some mocking rooms?

Yes. They will be provided with a one way mirror so that the atheists can point and laugh at their leisure.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

As i your choice, if youd have had the decency to listen to such groups and counter their positions constructively as a society then there wouldn't be this amatuer dramatics on here where you'r all throwing a hisy fit over a complete non issue

Interesting that you would have this point of view, given that on most campuses across America conservative thought and expression is openly suppressed and opposed. Trump supporters were shunned and/or treated like "deplorables"...while Clinton supporters were given support, sympathy and therapy (when Clinton lost).

BTW, Mr. Decency I, and perhaps a few others here at ATS read the original profanity-laced text of your first post...before you edited it...and so you should maybe be about the last member here who should be lecturing people about hissy fits.

That aside, I agree that on College campuses and elsewhere, we should have forums to discuss legitimate grievances - and social progress should be made where improvements are merited. However, the current climate is that every grievance must be addressed and demands caved in to, regardless of merit or importance on balance...that I do not agree with.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
my god.......

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: bastion

This group so far has advocated, amongst other things, for racial-based job security, preference based on race and sexual orientation for access to education assistance (which poverty is the main issue with) and a free bus for people I am quite sure are capable of getting the normal bus themselves.

The world would be quite well off without this awareness group if those are among their demands.

About the bus. If a local Muslim group or mosque wants to arrange that, then fine. But the school shouldn't provide it, no more than it should provide one to Christians to go to Church. Separation of Church and State. Hence no room set aside for prayer of any kind. Not to the Abrahamic God, not to Vishnu, not to Pan the Goat God.

Personally I don't think people should be based on their skin colour, sexual orientation, religion, or other stuff like that. Guess i'm a dying breed. Which is deeply concerning since i'm only 26.

Don't the Bible and Quran say to pray in your own home anyway? I read them both and could've sworn I saw something along those lines.

The former point is calling breaking the glass ceiling, it's common discussion in uni as PhD level and slightly below deal with how prevalent it is - it's a worthy cause as annoying some activists can be

Now that I can fully agree with - the school shouldn't have to pay it should be a donation based service and here in the UK prayer rooms are done in home or ery discretely in breaks from work (with break time deducted for prayer).

As for the race and sex divide, sadly it's still incredibly prevalent - if you're black in ameria juory will sentence you to almost double time of white person for same crimes and same upstandling/poor background - same goes for females- while major progress has been made sadly they're not non issues

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
To hell with their request and Allah....They are both morons!!

I wipe my rear with their requests....and paintings of Allah!!
edit on 22-12-2016 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Interesting that you would have this point of view, given that on most campuses across America conservative thought and expression is openly suppressed and opposed. Trump supporters were shunned and/or treated like "deplorables"...while Clinton supporters were given support, sympathy and therapy (when Clinton lost).

BTW, Mr. Decency I, and perhaps a few others here at ATS read the original profanity-laced text of your first post...before you edited it...and so you should maybe be about the last member here who should be lecturing people about hissy fits.

That aside, I agree that on College campuses and elsewhere, we should have forums to discuss legitimate grievances - and social progress should be made where improvements are merited. However, the current climate is that every grievance must be addressed and demands caved in to, regardless of merit or importance on balance...that I do not agree with.

I' m not Ameican but surely that's good news for america his hate politics wren't allowed - now it's post election and he's got rid of the extremist stuff he seem ok - but doubt he could hold a conversarsation. Plu they were clearly hyperbolic tatements in the hope previous posters got the point but brit humour/subtley doesn't eem to translate over there.

To put in perspective Trump has been a laughing stock in threst of the world for 25 years so. Conservatism is a plah doh version of academis - when trump elects people with no scientific knowlege then sorry the right wing campus deserves to have the piss taken - or at least try and come up with a cohesive arguement as you can't expect their level of idiocy to have any place in any HE, even 12/14 year old is a push.

While i fully upport campus groups as ex lecturer etc... the whole idea of us safe pace on campus makes no sense to me - how else do people learn apart from open seminars - but academia has always been the birth ground to progressive civil rights movements - having left wing activists is a given - I went to hundreds myself and have been involved in taking over universites to offer free education we are and theucation (two-four month face offs with management and law enforcement - the police always took our ide eventually we acted like the decent people and their offspring would soon see ame if not worse.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: seagull

Do you care college kids party a lot?

What does this have to do with anything in this thread?

Have sex?

Ditto.

Expierment with drugs?

Ditto.

Study?

Isn't the topic, yet again...

They're kids coming into their own and once they enter the work force their lives will change yet again and they will assimilate with the rest of us.

Yes, I know this. Said so above...

Focusing on their activities is such a waste of time.

If it comes down to my tax dollars being used to fund what is essentially a waste of time, perhaps I should be concerned, no? Just as with any other entity that requires my tax money to run...I certainly should have concerns, should I not? Certainly this isn't at the top of my list of concerns, but it is on it. As these children are, supposedly, the future of our various societies... I would ask, why aren't you more concerned?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I thought there is supposed to be a separation of church and state?

Like- States don't make laws that abide by the church?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Aye I didn't mean to single you out as you have been a voice of readon but I was on my Xmas do with people of all faiths and genders and it sruck a raw chord (plus saudis hold thier spirits far better than I).

Caving in to demand doesn't seen a healthy appraoch - vere here people put motions through debate them then people cast a ballot in favour, which the Student Coucil Head or Vice Chacellor can veto on rare occasion - I'm assuming that doesn't occur in the US.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Should the campuses also provide Church's and synagogues for the Muslims to attack as well?(sarcasm)
edit on CSTThupm4461 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Should the campuses also provide Church's and synagogues for the Muslims to attack as well?(sarcasm)

*facepalm* prayer rooms are for all faiths, the clue is in the name prayer.
Being from the Uk I guess I'm lucky enought to see multi-faith collaboration as a good thing (even thoughh i'm athiest so follow no beleif mhyself) as faiths get together and set up soup kithchens and nearly all the local indian/bangladeshi restraunt/takeaways are giving away free food/company accomodation for if people are homeless or can have a meal inside if alone on xmas and similar favours are returned.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join