It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you support #MexicanPrivilege ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
It's obvious to me that Trump's intention is to create a new scapegoat to blame all Amrericas problems on. Not just illegals but ALL minorities.
edit on 1-9-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Question. Should people who smoke pot go to jail? It is after all illegal to smoke pot and you say that the laws MUST be enforced.
edit on 1-9-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

If we don't do anything about this, that'll be all of us, not just them.

I'm also not going to defend the people exploiting them, by saying, well yeah but at least it's better than where the people they exploit came from.

These people are on one hand taking advantage of desperate people, and on the other hand breaking every law we have to protect the rights of workers in this country.

I get it, it's bad I really do. I'm not willing to live in New New Mexico to give them some temporary succor til we become them.

link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I want common sense gun laws that apply to both legal AND illegal people here. I don't want guns in the hands of bad people regardless of whether they were born here or whether they came from somewhere else.

+2 more 
link   
a reply to: olaru12

How is calling attention to the problems associated with illegal immigration an attack on all Hispanics? This is constantly repeated by anti trump people. Why do you lump Hispanics in with illegals? it seems to me that you and other people that make this argument are the ones strongly trying to tie the two together.

Trump specifically said in his speech last night that illegals hurt legal immigrants, many of which are Hispanic. But we know, he secretly is a racists that hates all non white people.

So if Trump focusing on illegals is scapegoating hispanics, is Hillary and Obama focusing on guns a scapegoating of all Caucasians? Isn't that just as racist?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

*looks at our rate of incarceration in this country*

Are you insinuating they're not?

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

So....bring us down to the level of their country? Mexico is a hellhole and the people let it get that way. And don't say they didn't. Corruption is the norm down there, police and govt can be bought for very little money and the Cartels run everything. Why let them turn our country in to another Mexico? They come to America, benefit from our country... then fly the Mexican flag, go on and on how their country is so great, say it's better than the U.S. and even burn or stomp on our flag. Then they get mad when I ask -
" If Mexico is so great, whatta ya doin' here?"

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
America has laws. Immigration laws are on the books. I want the immigration laws to be enforced for everyone. There is a portion of the population that doesn't, why do you support criminal acts? The main focus of people who support the criminals are saying that building a wall to help enforce American immigration law is racist?

My questions is, why are give special treatment to Mexicans? Why are you for #MexicanPrivilege? Shouldn't you judge people on the content of their character? The people who make a conscious decision to break American laws? Over the color of their skin?

Why should the Mexican criminals get better treatment then people who are trying to do the right thing, and are following the laws?

Basically, if you don't want the laws to be followed equally and you want to give special privilege to one set group, isn't that against all you believe in?

Stop #MexicanPrivlidge

Because it is all about votes.. The exact same reason the GOP pushes voter ID.

People have done the math to know that their side gets/restricts more votes.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I think the borders should be enforced as this is the law. The terminology of it being racist is an excuse to go around the laws of the illegals and the people that support illegals. I agree that all people should only enter the country legally, but to send them all back that are here now is a headache and financial disaster without a systematic plan. The criminals and abusers should be sent back period; yet the people working, seeking a better life, and family safety should have some form of sped up citizenship, visa extension, or permit until vetted and made a citizen. This country was founded on immigrants and castoffs of other countries and we should hold that standard to all future people wanting to seek a better way of life as well legally.

Globalism is not ready to succeed or be established anyways for many many years to come. Globalism will never work as long as there is religion in my opinion or countries that only wish to rule over others and push there agenda, yes our country the USA is one of those pushers.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

*looks at our rate of incarceration in this country*

Are you insinuating they're not?

Incarceration for smoking pot has dropped significantly during the Obama years, but that's not my point. Many people are anti-prohibition for marijuana and want the laws changed and relaxed. They will even support softening of enforcement of the laws on the books there, but some of those same people will sit and preach about how the law is this unyielding force when it comes to illegal immigration. It's hypocrisy.

I just got in a huge argument with someone the other day over Obama not releasing enough people convicted of low level drug offenses from jail. Isn't that a case of not enforcing the laws on the books? They were convicted of a crime, shouldn't they pay the price? That's the rhetoric I see for illegal immigrants at least.
edit on 1-9-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

What you are saying sounds very much like you don't want ANY Hispanics from Mexico coming here - legally or otherwise. I don't have to tell you how racist that sounds.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I doubt any of us want the laws to be broken.
Hillary supporters are not supporting breaking any laws.

This is just one more divisive thread.
Us them. Them us

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: TheBulk

What people? You realize most illegal Mexicans are not as you describe, right?

If they are here illegally, then they don't respect our laws or sovereignty.

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Yes, every single illegal immigrant refuses to assimilate and complains about the American flag. Give me a break. 99% of them don't make a sound about anything because they don't want to call attention to themselves. Many of them are treated crappy in their horrible jobs that no one else wants to do - but they won't complain - they just put up with it.

The "none else wants to do" line is BS. Nobody wants to do with for slave wages. If it weren't for the willing slaves, then maybe Americans would be paid decent wages to do those jobs? I'm willing to pay more for goods and services.

edit on 1-9-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Question. Should people who smoke pot go to jail? It is after all illegal to smoke pot and you say that the laws MUST be enforced.

Fair question but the issue is more nuanced than that. I personally think both the pot laws and immigration laws need updated, but lets work with your example.

The short answer to your question is yes. If the person is caught smoking pot, they should be arrested if that is the law. I disagree with that law, but that doesn't give me the right to break it. Now should police go out of their way to hunt down pot smokers, no. Nor should they hunt down non violent criminal illegals. But if they are caught, they should be held to the law.

But there are differences in these scenarios. I feel that a person should be allowed to take any substance as long as it doesn't affect other people. Illegals are affecting other people though, taking jobs and resources. Even if they do contribute, that doesn't excuse the fact that they are in effect stealing these resources that were designed for citizens of the US. If a pot head steals from you, they should absolutely be arrested.

The further problem can be seen by posters on this thread. They think that anyone that is in distress should be allowed to come here, or even in extreme people that we should not restrict anyone. This would be anarchy.

Using your example, it would be like saying anyone of any age should be allowed to smoke pot whenever they want. Operating a vehicle, smoke pot, teaching school children, smoke pot, performing surgery, smoke pot.

Oh, in addition, if you don't agree that everyone should be able to smoke whenever they want, you are a racist. This is the problem with the progressive argument. Anyone who has any concerns about illegal immigration and discusses it it immediately called a racist, and shut down. This is why the problem has got to the point that it is.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

In some cases the laws have been loosened or changed entirely. At one point passing a joint in NY state was considered a sale and drug sales held a minimum sentence of 25 years to life. ( under Rockefeller ) that is not the law any longer. And it was stupid and extreme at the time.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

a reply to: Puppylove

Sure they're being exploited. They don't care because they're STILL better off than in their home country. That's how bad they had it before coming here.

If they let their own home country crumble, then abandon it, what makes you think they're bringing anything positive to this country? Isn't it likely they'll cause THIS country to crumble, then abandon it?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
It's obvious to me that Trump's intention is to create a new scapegoat to blame all Amrericas problems on. Not just illegals but ALL minorities.

You already have that scapegoat, white people.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

I want common sense gun laws

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

If people who come here from Mexico are working hard and are not stealing from or killing or raping or otherwise hurting anyone, they should be allowed to stay.

That is the thing you are not understanding. Without a legal process, the criminals also make it in. To only bring in law abiding Mexicans means they have to go through the hoops to see WHO they are.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Again, this sounds like you don't want ANY Hispanics coming here - legally or otherwise.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join