It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peak Irony: Mexico Wants To Build The Wall To Stop Illegal Immigration

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

A whole bunch of them didn't do it legally.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: TheBulk

Nope.

I live on a tiny spit of an island, with very little space on it, and I still love me some good old fashioned immigration.

Awesome! I'll be over in a bit, I expect you to have my living arrangements and income setup for me before I arrive!

Will you personally be providing for me and the other immigrants or you just suppose that's a job for someone else?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: James1982

Do people really think that this worn out reply makes a good argument?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

And they shouldn't have...
edit on 26-7-2016 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Ok, but you made it sound like anyone that had a hand in building the US had entered legally and that isn't true.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Most people came here at that time before there was a problem...plenty of unsettled land...now well not so much. The countries needs change just like your needs might. It is wrong and that's why we have laws against it. Circumventing them or disregarding them isn't the path to success here.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I wasn't talking about the state of the US or its ability to absorb immigrants, I was talking about many that entered illegally and still people talk like all immigrants in the past followed the law and it is only now that people are disregarding them.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: James1982

Well, that's the beauty of living in a nation which even organises its healthcare by way of taxation. We come together to provide the things people need.

Of course, I know that is an alien concept, especially to someone who would be republican by nature, and therefore opposed to sensible measures to provide things like healthcare and housing on a social basis.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Oops!

edit on 27-7-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

If you say so. I for one feel that a well built and well secured wall would help to produce results.
Also, not to be rude, but I'm sure that trump works pretty hard. He might not be scrubbing floors or laying brick, but that guy is working every hour he is awake. You know that.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Thanks for the link and it's from way back in 2015? Surprised the media wasn't blasting it coast to coast, or maybe I just missed it. I thought maybe you were stretching the truth but I guess not. I'm amazed he actually said that, change the date and it could be Adolf saying those words. I probably wasn't going to vote for him anyways but now, hell no.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

No, I do not know that. I doubt it intensely as it happens.

Persons who assemble vast fortunes around themselves, generally have other people do the work, delegate everything of any complexity to others, and reap the rewards by simply owning things.

Trump has never lifted a finger in his quest for money. He has opened his fat mouth, produced folders full of data other people compiled, that he does not understand in the least, or care about remotely, and fooled people out of their money, but he has never done a solid days work in his life. This is the sort of man whose manicure lasts an awfully long time, for a "working" man.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
How long before Canada builds a wall on their south border?

I'm thinking about making a break north for it, myself.

If Hillary wins I'll join you..

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Managing and overseeing assets and employees is still work. Not back breaking, but no doubt more stressful than say, being a painter or a cook.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

a reply to: TheBulk

Anecdotes from on the ground are not nearly as useful as hard data, numbers, facts. The facts support the position that the vast majority of illegal immigration is not via land borders, but via airports and ports. The wall will make no significant difference to the numbers of people who illegally settle in the United States.

Forgive me if I missed it, but can you provide a link to support this? I can believe it for the UK, but I need to see the data for the US.

Thanks in advance

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: XTexan

Here is something for the US.

There are other interesting bits of information on that page as well.

www.politifact.com...
edit on 27-7-2016 by TrueBrit because: Actually added link

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

It is not. Telling your staff to manage your crap for you is a task you can perform while blasting them with toast crumbs from your breakfast, as you cram it into your face.

That leaves the day free for shirking, slacking, getting ones hands moisturised and massaged, and generally being a massive drip, which is precisely the sort of nonsense that Trump and his entire social circle of rich, useless takers, are good at.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Agree to disagree, i guess.
I just happen to think that running a multi-million dollar company could be pretty strenuous.
It has to be.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

a reply to: paradoxious

The only thing I am intolerant of is intolerance.

Thats a positive thing, not a negative thing.

No, that's fascism disguised as politeness. You're only intolerant of people who don't think the way you do.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
the title of the thread should be changed to reflect the truth, that this was an op-ed piece

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join