It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peak Irony: Mexico Wants To Build The Wall To Stop Illegal Immigration

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Funny.... but understandable. It appears only the US and Western Europe lack the common sense and understanding that there must be border control and rule of law.

www.blacklistednews.com...

One of the largest newspapers along Mexico’s border with Texas is calling for a border wall with Central America, similar to the one being promoted by Republican Presidential Candidate Donald J. Trump.

“Along the Mexican border peace and quiet came to an end, Central Americans played a large influence,” El Mañana’s piece claimed.

“Mexico’s southeast has two borders; one with Guatemala and one with Belize, that do not provide any benefit, but on the contrary only problems are brought by these crossing points that are being used for the new invasion. The one use by Central American’s looking for a way into the United States. ” El Mañana’s editorial board wrote.

One of the issues mentioned in the editorial piece points not only to the hordes of Guatemalans, Salvadorans and Hondurans that flock to Reynosa in an effort to get to the U.S., but also to the large number of Central Americans that are left in Mexico after deportation.

edit on 26-7-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Great hopefully the build a wall at their northern border first.

+29 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Is anyone going to call the Mexicans racist for wanting this protection from dangerous criminals or is this another "only if you're white" sort of thing?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Nah, I would call them racist and phobic, and as weak as piss, just as I would call anyone who wanted a wall at the southern border of the United States. Perhaps strapping on a pair would work better for both countries, than putting up a little wall and hiding behind it.

Gutless tards one and all.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It looks like this was just an opinion piece in a news paper and not the Mexican gov. or citizens.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Walls work. Nobody can possibly tunnel under them.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

That must be why the DNC put a wall up around their convention and in front of their speakers last night.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Nah, I would call them racist and phobic, and as weak as piss, just as I would call anyone who wanted a wall at the southern border of the United States. Perhaps strapping on a pair would work better for both countries, than putting up a little wall and hiding behind it.

And just to be clear, you dont live in either country?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Nope.

I live on a tiny spit of an island, with very little space on it, and I still love me some good old fashioned immigration. It really makes the right wing loonies angry, and anything that takes those xenophobic halfwits closer to cardiac arrest is fine by me. That goes for xenophobes and intolerant fools, and those who refuse to accept responsibility for the actions of the governments they elect over successive decades as well, ALL over the world.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Where were all the haters when over 520 miles of wall / fence was being constructed because that is what is standing on the southern US border today. I suspect most people against the wall are oblivious that there is already an unfinished barrier this long with more mandated by Congress. Same with the XL pipeline. S*** is already built, it's just a section of it Obama has control over that crosses the border. Bunch of nonsense and ignorance in this country.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

How would you feel about a foot bridge over the English Channel?

That way you can enjoy unrestricted diversity without regard for national safety just like us.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Hypocrites for sure, it would be awesome if they say Guatemala and Belize will pay for it

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
How long before Canada builds a wall on their south border?

I'm thinking about making a break north for it, myself.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I've made this point on many occasions regarding Trump. He's a negotiator. One negotiates, initially, from the strongest position. To wit, "the wall". One then moves away from the opening position as concessions are earned.

A possible accord, replacing the 'wall' 'could be financing and jointly patrolling/maintaining a southern wall instead of the 'north' wall. In return Mexico 'could' accept the return of all convicted felons currently imprisoned in the U.S.. Around 20% of our prison population, IIRC.

This is how one negotiates assuming both sides aren't bought by the "free movement of labor" that's part of the 'free trade'
crowd.

edit on 26-7-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

i dont think ur getting it, i made a thread about this. the wall is met to keep Americans in,not immigrants out

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
No, the US wants Mexico to build a wall and is willing to pay for it

Plan Merida

The 114th Congress is continuing to fund and oversee the Mérida Initiative and related domestic initiatives. The Obama Administration’s FY2016 request for the Mérida Initiative was for $119 million to help advance justice sector reform, modernize Mexico’s borders (north and south), and support violence prevention programs.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: paradoxious

The only thing I am intolerant of is intolerance.

Thats a positive thing, not a negative thing.

I would not mind to be honest. You see, the more people from all over we have here, the less powerful the right wing become, the more powerful the left become, and the more power the people can take from the government for the betterment of all. Its a win win, both for fair minded "natives" and for anyone from elsewhere wanting to join in and get them some Cool Britannia.

And as for national security... let me tell you something about national security. It was an American legend who said, those who would trade liberty for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety, or something to that effect. He was absolutely right. It always appalls me when the right wing manage to say, with the same breath, that they want smaller government, more liberty, and better security.

Its as if you hate the responsibilities that come with the liberties you demand. That is foolish.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Oh the irony, now you see that its not bad to secure your boarders with less "organized" neighbors.

Its ok to do this, its not racist or anything like that.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Have we just abandoned the whole process to legally enter the USA?

We have a nation built on immigrants, but the ones who built this country, did so legally. Is that some right wing nut jobery? Or is that kind of the way it's supposed to be?

Being a right leaning person, I sure don't want to hurt anyone's soft feelings.

Or are laws just inconveniences?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join