It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Political Madness Voting No Longer Respected

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: okachobi
The EU exit does need to go before parliament.

The MP's job is to represent there constituency.

Therefore morally each MP should vote in manner there constituency voted.

If they don't....well I doubt they will be in a job long....

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Great post.

Same feeling most of us Trump supporters have here in the US. For the most part we don't aggree with all his ideas (Most maybe
), but he is the focal point of the rage we feel towards the clowns in power now. We just want our country back from the raging PC of the special interest groups.

We want our boarders back and the ability to control who comes in.
We want to run our shops and stores without having to woory about getting sued for any slight we might be accused of. IF you don't like our store/shop you are free NOT to shop there. If the majority feels the same way the store will close or change it direction at the will of the owner NOT public.
We WANT to make our own dissensions NOT rely on the government to tell us what to do.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

LOL

Does seem to be the Liberal view on things.:

"WE DEMAND the right...OHH pretty butterfly!

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

Big differance between intelligence and wisdom.
(Of even common sense.)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes BUT it would be authoritative in their favor....this time.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Was a majority of the people that voted.

If you didn't vote...tuff luck and you get to go along for the ride.

Maybe next time a big issue is on the table you'll take the time to make your option count.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

A majority is 50.1% and greater.

And the 28% that didn't? Who care. If they can't make the effort then why care what they want?

Maybe next time they will put some effort in.

This does not just apply to the UK and/or Liberals. If more of the Conservatives in the US would have taken the time to vote over the past 30 years we would not be as bad os shape we are now.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dismanrc

Again, this vote is not a matter of left and right. The media can make out whatever they want, but most of the people I associate with generally are to be found on the left of issues, and most of them voted out.

That very much includes me. I believe in equality and equity, I believe in tolerance and fairness, and in the idea that justice must be applied to all without respect to their beliefs, financial status, or who they know or are related to. I believe in the idea that those who have much, should bear the greatest burden, and that currently, they do not. I believe that those who treat people differently because of their faith, their sexuality, their gender or identity thereof, or their skin colour, are by definition, defective and not fit to live in a nation whose current generation are only as free as they are, because war was fought against oppression and tyranny in Europe many moons ago!

I am as lefty liberal as you can get without falling over sideways, and I wanted out.

And yes, I do demand my rights, because those who do not make sure to get the rights afforded them by law, end up losing those rights given time. We are monitored all day, every day, regardless of probable cause. We are dictated to by our government, despite that entity being our servant, not our master.

We have a chance, now, assuming the EU exit is enacted, to demand our right to be the masters of our fate, to make our government bow before us and take our instructions as instructions, rather than advice. We have the chance to change our countries government, to elect a parliament that will spend its days entirely on its knees to our will, rather than putting their own machinations into play. We have a chance to make our will manifest in parliament now, such as we have never had in my life, and if I have my way, the people's voice will be so loud as to drown every other sound out totally, such that all our government can do is as they are damned well told.

The power must belong to us, the people, ALL the people of these isles, all citizens and voters, and ONLY the people. This would be impossible if we were in the EU.

Tell me again how the liberal left is the problem around here?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

Well said.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Also bs on the racism card you have played I live in Bradford who voted 54% leave. Many muslims around here voted out. One of my drivers whom is a UK citizen born in Pakistan was well chuffed we voted out...is he a racist?.

Yeah...o0nly white people can be racist ---rolls eyes---

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I voted in.

For a whole raft of reasons that are now irrelevant.

The majority of those that voted, voted out.

We should now leave!

If you didnt vote, and you wanted in, learn a lesson. You'll get the opportunity to vote on other things. Your government, your council. the xfactor winner. And when you do, remember this moment. Because on this one, you have no right to complain, and no right to protest. You had the right to vote and you didnt bother.

The idiots (assuming they're not media stooges) that voted out as a protest vote, or because "they didnt think they'd win"...words fail me! Some of the more vocal outers cite the young men who died in the 1st and 2nd world wars, and say they died so that we could remain free..etc..etc. I see it slightly differently, that they went to support our european cousins in a time of need. Whichever view you hold, they died to protect freedoms, such as that of a democratic voice, and you piss it away on a "protest vote", or worse as a "laugh". (oooh lets vote Farrage heheheheeh). I have nothing but disdain for you all.

I understand that a refererendum is a "seeking of opinion" and that the result is "non-binding", but that doesnt alter the result. This vote cannot be overturned, and if an attempt is made to do so, I will gladly stand shoulder to shoulder with those that voted the opposite to me and say NO. Democracy has spoken and the will of the people needs to be met.

edit on 5-7-2016 by idmonster because: had to lighten it up with a semi-joke

edit on 5-7-2016 by idmonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: idmonster

Indeed so. You should be commended, because it seems that there are too many people these days forgetting that it is principles like these which are supposed to unite us, despite our differences.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: idmonster

Hurrah!
Together we shall stand.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: nonspecific

Don't shout my name nonspecific. The beauty of our nation being owned and controlled by collective will, is that we all lead it. Anyone can start this ball rolling, but it will take everyone pulling together, being prepared to be their own mouthpiece, being prepared to be the deciding vote on the issues, to make it work!

Besides, the last thing we need around here is a loony like me getting a support base. Let's be honest, power corrupts, and I believe that there are very few things that do not look better when well and truly on fire!

Shout your own name, state your own case! If we ALL do this, then we can show those who have not yet realised it, that we no longer need central governance, that our nation IS wise enough to manage its own affairs, without the necessity to appease a hegemony of the sort we put up with currently!

Spoken like a true leader sir, you are right in that we should all lead together but we need a voice to rally the troops, someone to inspire even the meekest ineffectual citizen to stand for what is right and take back what is rightfully ours.

Huzza.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join