It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Political Madness Voting No Longer Respected

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: Kali74

Well, the way things are going on both sides of the pond we just might see what happens when the right throws off the mask of decency and hits the streets like the left have been doing.

I doubt it ll be either pretty or helpful.

Well, years back I remember firearms being brought to rallies and it had the media a bit uncomfortable. I wonder if we'll start to see more of that.

I dug up this little gem.
youtu.be...

Wow, kinda mad, but don't you think the notion that white folks with guns near a black president is potentially dangerous as those people were saying may be in itself racist?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I don't think race really matters here though. It's a constitutional right by the citizens of the US.

Point is, we might start seeing more and more of this type of action be displayed at political rallies.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
a reply to: redhorse

Wait, are you saying they were using Simpsons clips to convey a message? Using a satirical cartoon to prove a political point? Wow. If that's not some serious dumbing down, I don't know what is.

That's exactly what they were doing. It was just bizarre.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: Kester

Scum.

They should piss off and move to the EU.

Given half the chance I'd be off. In fact I probably will at some point

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

Why, what is so crap about Britain?
Perhaps it's just the area you are, it's nice where I live with nice people.
You really want to leave the UK for another EU nation? Better weather I can understand but what else is so 'woe is me' crap about the UK exactly?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand the weathers pretty crap, the daily mail sun reading morons are pretty crap. The women are hardly the pic of Europe the coastlines aren't that great. Dirty cold seas

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

See ya then.
I don't recognise the Britain you describe aside from the weather. Don't know any Daily Mail/Sun reading morons, the women in my social circles are fantastic, I live at a blue flag beach with clean waters, stunning cliff coastline, and I don't mind the cold temperature of it because I'm not lame as #.

Enjoy Spain or wherever it is when you bail on the UK.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand Devon is lovely. I was going to move there at one point it's a great place probably one of the nicest places in the uk I have friends and family who live down there. I'd probs move down there given different personalcircumstances

I love it down there and easy to get to from reading

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Do it then, move down!
No need to leave the UK, well, aside from our crap weather! Lol

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Metallicus

Yup, blame the youngest generation, just all old people have been doing since the beginning of time.
If I am not mistaken back in 1974 Britain voted to leave and was denied by government, and remained in the EU without any hiccups, if anything you benefited from it. Now all of a sudden people get scared and xenophobic towards a slight hiccup in immigration and they all flock together screaming nationalism.
Why now?

Simple : A distraction from the real cause of the problems we have in Britain. Using a scapegoat is a well known tactic. The problem is an economic system that favours the few over the many. The owners of the media that feed people false information are members of the privileged few. Now I know you could say but surely we can counter the lies and distortion using social media. To an extent this is true which is why the political landscape of the UK is changing. However, you will always come up against the well know psychological trait that is expressed in buckets here on ATS : cognitive dissonance. Having believed BS for years in their favourite tabloid that last thing people want to face up to is a lifetime of believing BS so better to pretend the BS is the truth and the truth is the BS !!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Just read Osbourne has cut corporation tax to 15% the lowest tax rate for any major economy.
Should steer investors to the UK and stop any leaving.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr I would move down but I moved back with my parents because my home here has been equipped for disability stair lift and shower room with daily care assistants visiting, so I'm all set up here. It's in a nice part of oxfordshire, very peaceful. Oxfordshire, so I'm happy here.
I don't want to strategy applying for more benefitsin a new county. I have enough here at home at the moment. Care.
I get the full rate of pip payment because I have lno
Obviously I'd rather be living on my own and being independent, but you have to make the best of the hand you've been dealt. It really would be an arse setting up in a new county

I'm luck my parents have a small property in Spain. Should deportations happen my sister in law is French and her family own a vineyard in northern France, so I have a few places I could escape to where ever I lay my hat. I'm quite happy at home could be a hell of a lot worse as you know with your experience on the streets. I Aldo have an aunt and uncle in Scotland, who are desperate for me to visit, but they are a pain in the ass. I don't think I'll ever have to worry about somewhere to live. Which is fortunate. I just wouldn't want to burden anyone

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Don't shout my name nonspecific. The beauty of our nation being owned and controlled by collective will, is that we all lead it. Anyone can start this ball rolling, but it will take everyone pulling together, being prepared to be their own mouthpiece, being prepared to be the deciding vote on the issues, to make it work!

Besides, the last thing we need around here is a loony like me getting a support base. Let's be honest, power corrupts, and I believe that there are very few things that do not look better when well and truly on fire!

Shout your own name, state your own case! If we ALL do this, then we can show those who have not yet realised it, that we no longer need central governance, that our nation IS wise enough to manage its own affairs, without the necessity to appease a hegemony of the sort we put up with currently!

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: nonspecific

I believe that there are very few things that do not look better when well and truly on fire!

A vote for TrueBrit is a vote against hypothermia!

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

originally posted by: crazyewok

Scum.

They should piss off and move to the EU.

Im only talking those that would overturn a democratic vote.

Though if your in that authoritarian group? Well Maybe its best.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Those that say the votes not binding no its not.

But the job of a MP is to represent the will of its constituents .

So if the MP have a vote they morally need to vote for what there constituents voted for.

So MP in remain areas vote Remain and MP is leave should vote leave.

Failure to do so would result in a number of job losses next election.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
They can still move freely to the other EU states. Why dont they all quit crying and move there, they love it so much?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Because they're only truly happy when they are inflicting their rubbish on other people.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

The sheep-think is getting worse and worse. Look at all of these mindless pawns doing the bidding of the elite power brokers for them. You see this same nonsense all over the world. They think they are being progressive and acting against "racism."

All you need to do to win any debate in the western world is to demonize one side of a topic as racists, and these idiots will crawl out of the woodwork without having any idea what they are doing.

START THINKING FOR YOURSELVES.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
I'm concerned. It seems like some infectious madness has swept the country, and now they have decided voting doesn't matter.

The laws of the country say that the resolution is non-binding. So voting matters, but the law clearly indicates that such referendums on ballots are non-binding.

Does that address your concerns? No one is overturning the law. The country has to decide for itself if that referendum is worth implementing. They have laws that allow them to say no. If they say No, the people can get rid of their congress and vote again. There are checks and balances.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join