It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Political Madness Voting No Longer Respected

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: SprocketUK

The Right wrecks stuff with policy and I'm pretty sure I've seen plenty of UKIP marches causing all kinds of trouble. Freedom can be messy and inconvenient. Non binding referendums give the losing side wiggle room... that's part of Democracy too.

Wrecking stuff with policy is just opinion.
Many people would argue that the left wrecks stuff with policy also. That's usually how our elections go isn't it? Everyone agrees they want a better world, but argues over what it will look like and how to realise that ideal.

I'm not dismissing people s right to protest, just that where, say ukip may protest on an issue, as they have done, the left generally protests against other people's democratic right to vote on their future.

Look at the chaos after the last general election. It was a mess of Labour voters unable to accept that more people than them wanted a different future, so they rioted and demonstrated.

That ain't democracy.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I agree and it is not just pensioners. There is utter disdain towards the working and lower classes ie they are thick and their votes count for nothing. They should leave the decisions to people with intelligence.

This intolerance is absolutely astonishing and they have the audacity to call Brexiters bigots!

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
Classic.

The speaker actually says "...we have every right to deny a fare and open democratic referendum..."

i can almost see them begging for brown shirts so that they can goose step over the peasants who voted to leave the EU.

Wow. Quite the little unabashed tyrant, eh? And they really think this is going to help their case? Wow.

If they want the EU so much, then emigrate...

And that's the thing. Those who want to "stay" in the EU can... they just have to go to where the EU is, and let those want to "leave" the EU be. Everyone can have their way with the Brexit; but these kids just want to force their way on everyone... much like the EU.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

I have just had a heated discussion with a work pal about 22ish and she said people like me have ruined their future. I asked if she voted "no I was on a double shift" what about postal vote I asked "nope"......
I told her to be silent because she couldn't be bothered to vote.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Not sure what's going to happen to this Country. It was going downhill whilst in the EU, will it go downhill even further once leaving the EU? A Country divided could bring Riots/clashes not seen for while...

I, myself voted to leave... one of the reasons was immigration I admit. I have my own reasons for it, having seen my area change completely over the last 20 years! I wonder if those on the Left understand what the 'Muslims' want exactly? Do they not know that for them to live in a Democratic Society, we have to bend our rules to suit them? It started with 'Halal' meat everywhere and now they have MP's, Councils, Mayor's. They have worked their way into our Political system slowly but surely.

I should add that the above should be described as 'Concernist' not 'Racist'
edit on CDTSun, 03 Jul 2016 08:41:08 -05000000003108x108x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

That's classic.
I'm also pretty amused by the amount of idiots who will actually admit that they voted to leave but didn't think it would ever happen.
Now they want another vote.

As long as those people are struck from the electoral register that's fine by me.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Yesterdays anti-fascists have become today's fascists.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Honestly I think the entire West has a massive and much deeper problem. We are divided down the middle (essentially) in every Western country and that means that when one side wins, the other is miserable and not simply because of ego. Stating a vote is lost and that's that probably isn't going to go very far for much longer. I think it's silly and naive for people (not saying you in particular) to dismiss anything as childish whining because a group didn't get their way.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

My point was that it's always the same group. Those on the left.

When's the last time you saw republicans in the US or Tories in the UK go on the rampage because the other guy got more votes?

These folks kicking up a stink need to realise that it's in theirs and the nation's interests to respect the will of the majority and get on with things.

Until they can do that, they will remain as children who throw a tantrum every time they don't get everything they want.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

So they don't respect the vote.

And they want another vote to determine Brexit.

0_o

Idiots does no justice in describing them.
edit on 3-7-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

UKIP is left and rampage might be an exaggeration? Again I think dismissing them as petulant children is only going to add to the divide.

Not my country ultimately.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

UKIP is left and rampage might be an exaggeration? Again I think dismissing them as petulant children is only going to add to the divide.

UKIP is left? Say that out loud amongst a group of lefties. That will be a hoot!

Rampage in its strictest term may be too strong, though the demos after the general election caused millions in damage and pretty much every demo by the left in the US I've seen in the last few years has been less a demo and more a near riot with people and property getting attacked.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'm still trying to understand this.

It is okay to ignore the results of a vote. That's what they are protesting for. They are protesting FOR the government to ignore the will of the people. They are protesting FOR an authoritarian state.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

UKIP not left and are pretty much irrelevant anyway. They have ONE seat in parliament.
Now we left the EU there reason for being varnishes.

Plus this is not a left righ thing.

Many on the left like truebrit on ATS voted to leave, why?

Because they can see one world centrilsed government meered in beurocracy and out of touch with local people is not a way to bring there ways of social and economic equality to fruition.
As much as I dont agree with the left I do respect what I call the honorable left.

What these whinging brats are is not honorable, they want to bring the buerocratic "uptopia" in by force against the will of the people.
edit on 3-7-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'm still trying to understand this.

It is okay to ignore the results of a vote. That's what they are protesting for. They are protesting FOR the government to ignore the will of the people. They are protesting FOR an authoritarian state.

Thats the problem with the authoritarian left.

We are only allowed a say as long as the opinion or vote agree with them.

No doubt they would send those that voted out to EU re education camps if they had there own way.
edit on 3-7-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

And yet, they think their vote should count.

It is glaringly obvious to anyone with half a brain that they are screaming hypocrites.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Again I think dismissing them as petulant children is only going to add to the divide.

More platitudes about togetherness and inclusion, eh?

That argument didn't work with Brexit. Is isn't working with Trump. It doesn't work anymore.

Lecturing people about tolerance and unity when their communities are being economically and culturally torn to pieces is laughable.

Not that I would want to help the global statists out or anything, but you guys really need a new strategy. You're now the punchline to what's left of the joke of a "free" world.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

"Feel Good" unity ra-ra.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Rapha

For those of us who voted out for the right reasons, this is nothing to do with immigration, and everything to do with wanting one government, accountable ONLY to the people of this country, and no other force. Not political, not financial.

The next step is to get our government to learn how to bend over for the people, and take its proper place as our servant, not our master. That process could only ever have begun, outside the EU. We WILL lead from the streets. We will NOT be dictated to by clueless ninnies like our PM, and his idiot sock puppet the Chancellor, George "Noddy of Toyland" Osborne. We must take our nation back for its people, deny all access that corporations currently have to make their bribery attempts, and turn this boat around the right way, so that it rides through the waves, not under them.

Oh man. That right there is what the entire world needs more of. True Brit, you have spoken the very words that need to be said by every citizen on the planet. We, the people, need to hear your words and let them ring truth in every person's soul.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Honestly I think the entire West has a massive and much deeper problem. We are divided down the middle (essentially) in every Western country

Polarisation of the masses.

No matter which way I look at it, the UK has become a single party state with politicians (wash my mouth out) keeping the peeps divided whilst they build their gravy trains.

The 48% (of the 72% that voted) who play safe and find freedom in tyranny too busy out protesting to do away with democracy have not noticed how our parliament has become nothing more than a management team with a board of directors that still dare call themselves a cabinet.

The factions within the single party state, turning upon eachother like blinded rats sent back to the nest.

Chilcott will be interesting. I wonder if current ruling director will get a mention? He afterall, knew who bought the missing WMD.

They're all in it together alright.

Let the polarisation continue because without democracy, we have nothing to hold against creeping tyranny of the EU.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join