It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well this is idiotic

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Welcome to America? Don't know what else to tell you. This happens everyday and millions upon millions of guns are not used in crimes.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

There are checks, but CNN just conveniently left that part out.

National Instant Criminal Background Check System

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
You mean the guy who used weapons legally obtained by his mother? How would gun regulations work at home huh

Don't give in to the gun paranoia.
edit on 22-6-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: Konduit
You're right. I remember a comedian saying that a .22 is the perfect weapon home protection because then you can just spray essentially because it isn't exactly damaging...so you could just keep firing on the perp and it would I guess scare him/her off? I don't quite remember.

The sale was legal and as others have said, just a "scary" propaganda piece.

The little .22 kills tons of people. Stop believing the .22's suck myth. Yes they can suck at STOPPING an attacker but as far as being lethal they kill just as dead. Heck Reagan was shot with a .22 pistol, which is going 200-300 fps slower than fired out of a rifle and it even hit the door first, and still managed to make it into his lung.

iTruthSeeker

edit on 22-6-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

LOL where do you see anything I believe? I said what a comedian mentioned. But no, the .22 isn't exactly the deadliest bullet...tons of people? How many thousands or millions?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Once they show the full unedited video of him buying the gun from start to finish I'll believe it. He had his mother with him as they said so it's quite likely knowing CNN that SHE actually bought the gun and the son just walked away with it while CNN did a cut/paste job of the footage.

Typical CNN.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

LOL where do you see anything I believe? I said what a comedian mentioned. But no, the .22 isn't exactly the deadliest bullet...tons of people? How many thousands or millions?

I don't know how many but they do say more people have died from a .22 than any other caliber. Lots of history on the .22 being used for all sorts of 007 stuff. Now it wouldn't be my first choice in a carry or home defense gun but I would rather have it than no gun.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Who says? Where?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: shredderofsouls
What bothers me is that this kid could have been anyone and he bought a gun with no checks. Could have been mentally ill, could have been heartbroken and wanted revenge...etc. Not about gun type, would he have been able to buy something worse with the same amount of security? Someone like Adam Lanza comes to mind doing the same thing without no background checks.

Coulda.. Woulda... Shoulda....

If you're that paranoid of your fellow citizens, you might want to look into the symptoms that create the people in your hypothetical scenario. I'll give you a head start to save you time:

..it's not the guns.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Pretty cool video showing how easy it is for us to exercise our rights

Everyone should exercise their rights whenever they can.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
Hunting age is around 12, and you need a weapon for that

Ironically if the 13 year old girl was filmed getting an abortion, how do you think the people at CNN would cover that?

Hopefully for their sake, not at all, if they know the first thing about HIPPA laws. I'm guessing they know you don't broadcast people's private medical operations, or the nude bodies of children though. But wow...if Rush Limbaugh saw it, he would probably instantly celebrate the demise of CNN via massive lawsuit with a double handful of painkillers!

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

In some parts of the US, "tons of people" is only about a dozen people.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

He didn't say in what part of the USA. He said in general meaning either in all the USA or all the world.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

I don't know how many but they do say more people have died from a .22 than any other caliber. Lots of history on the .22 being used for all sorts of 007 stuff. Now it wouldn't be my first choice in a carry or home defense gun but I would rather have it than no gun.

iTruthSeeker

An AR-15 fires a .22 cal. Just a high powered version of it.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
First off this is staged,one must be 18 to buy any gun in the U.S. whether it is from a gunstore,private sale or gunshow,it is not legal anywhere to sell a gun to anyone under 18 in the U.S.,not even if it were a black powder weapon.(black powder guns are not regulated in the U.S. and can even be sent straight to ones door,but you also have to be 18 to buy)
Second the mom bought it for the kid otherwise the seller would be arrested on the spot.(police are inside gunshows to prevent firearms felonies such as the one CNN pretended to portray)

OP should have done some research into the video and U.S. gun laws before posting.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede

So because something is "ILLEGAL" it can't happen?

Murder isn't legal, and 40+ people DIED in a nightclub.

Perhaps the old man just didn't care at the gun show? How do YOU KNOW that every. single. person. at a gun show uses their cell phone to call in a check?

Do you SPEAK for every gun show seller?

DO you?

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

An AR-15 fires a .22 cal. Just a high powered version of it.

Not quite,the difference is quite substantial.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

a reply to: dogstar23

He didn't say in what part of the USA. He said in general meaning either in all the USA or all the world.

It was just my poor attempt at overly tired, literalism humor - "tons" being equal to 4000+ lbs

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Rifles sold to between private citizens within state lines do not require a background check. Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to legally purchase firearms. His mother was there.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
a reply to: VashTheStampede

So because something is "ILLEGAL" it can't happen?

Murder isn't legal, and 40+ people DIED in a nightclub.

Perhaps the old man just didn't care at the gun show? How do YOU KNOW that every. single. person. at a gun show uses their cell phone to call in a check?

Do you SPEAK for every gun show seller?

DO you?

You really don't have a clue how these gun shows work bud,they are all patrolled by police both inside and outside,I know what it is like being on the civilian side and the LEO side as I have served for many years,I know more about this than you ever will.
I never said because something is Illegal it doesn't happen,nice try putting words in my mouth, dick.
I really doubt someone would intentionally commit a huge felony like that on camera in a public place such as a gunshow,the seller would not be able to sell any more guns nor would he be allowed to possess them(legally),if he did there would have been an arrest as soon as this was posted online for the first time in 2014,unless he was arrested there is no proof that anything illegal occurred,partially because this video is heavily edited,they made it look like something illegal went on,don't be foolish and trust the media.

Also that nightclub really had nothing to do with this post that is very off topic.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join