It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tow Truck Driver Leaves Victim on Side of Road Because "Religion"?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Annee

happen to know weather south carolina protects people from discrimination based on their sexuality?? not gender, which I know federal laws do, but sexuality. I doubt if they do..

NC - - - "bathroom" law. LGBT

No. No protection.

I think you can even refuse service to a single mother claiming it violates your religion.

Just to be clear, he lives in SC, the accident was in NC?????????
edit on 6-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
So you think a verbal agreement is a legally binding contract?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

he also claimed that she had air conditioning in the car, but according them the mother, the car was damaged to the point that it had no power to run the air conditioning. which is something the machanic could most certainly validate!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Isn't made to suffer a definition of being a victim?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

she lived in south carolina also, but ya, the accident was in north carolina. her mechanic also lived in south carolina, and that is who she chose to call. the m other even claims that she had arranged with the machanic that he would pay him, and she would reimburse the mechanic, which she did, the next day. and points out that the towing service has the right to put a lein on the car if the bill is not paid, so he had his money regardless.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

she lived in south carolina also, but ya, the accident was in north carolina. her mechanic also lived in south carolina, and that is who she chose to call. the m other even claims that she had arranged with the machanic that he would pay him, and she would reimburse the mechanic, which she did, the next day. and points out that the towing service has the right to put a lein on the car if the bill is not paid, so he had his money regardless.

Thanks. I'm a bit sick.

Knew I read SC & NC. Just needed clarifying.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

hope you feel better soon..

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

hope you feel better soon..

Thanks.

Other then my head feeling like 2 week old oatmeal, I'm good

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I am absolutely not justifying his actions AT ALL and that's pretty rude of you to suggest.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Isn't made to suffer a definition of being a victim?

Yep!

She was the victim of an automobile accident, and then she was victimized again by the tow truck driver!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

And she was left there for 2 1/2 hours on a dangerous highway waiting on the next tow truck... and she's disabled to boot!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
That is a very rotten person.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

And she was left there for 2 1/2 hours on a dangerous highway waiting on the next tow truck... and she's disabled to boot!

If there isn't a law, there should be.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

We already have one. Wanton endangerment.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
I don't think he claimed he was being holy he just refused to serve a supporter of a genuine communist. Still if the woman disabled I would have been compelled to help her even if I disagree with her political stance. Many disabled people depend on the government so I'm not surprised.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

We already have one. Wanton endangerment.

So you do:

Endangerment is a type of crime involving conduct that is wrongful and reckless or wanton, and likely to produce death or grievous bodily harm to another person. There are several kinds of endangerment, each of which is a criminal act that can be prosecuted in a court. In some U.S. states, such as Florida, substantially similar language is used for the crime of Culpable negligence. The offense is intended to prohibit and therefore deter reckless or wanton conduct that wrongfully creates a substantial risk of death or serious injury to others.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
I don't think he claimed he was being holy he just refused to serve a supporter of a genuine communist. Still if the woman disabled I would have been compelled to help her even if I disagree with her political stance. Many disabled people depend on the government so I'm not surprised.

Good to know you think his actions were actually wrong.

He could have just given her a political lecture on the drive to the repair shop.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I agree there should be. But the SCOTUS had ruled that cops aren't even required to aid a person in need.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: FaunaOrFlora

I agree there should be. But the SCOTUS had ruled that cops aren't even required to aid a person in need.

Maybe you should start a thread on that.

Its not what this thread is about.
edit on 7-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

So, it's wrong to make statements about an entire group based on a few individuals?

Huh.

I know where you are trying to go with this... They are two different issues. If what you are trying to claim is that the majority of the people passing for Syrian refugees are ok, go ask those women that were robbed, sexually molested by the over a thousand(I think it was 2 thousand in total) Arab and North African looking men in just one German city... Ask the women from the several other German cities that were attacked, and sexually molested by Arab and North African looking men... Then ask the victims that were murdered by at least 3 terrorists who posed as Syrian refugees including one that had been saved by Greek authorities after his boat sank when he tried to reach Europe, and these men repay the kindness of Europeans by murdering innocent people.

We are talking about two entirely different issues...

edit on 7-5-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join