It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SheeplFlavoredAgain

I'm glad you're here. I like how you formulate your thoughts.

The theme of the altered sky is very strong, I agree.

I looked at that thread you linked and, "Oh, gosh!!" That would take a lot of reading but the word frequency was used and I understand frequency in probably a mostly non-scientific way. It's a subject I've thought a lot about without reading available papers on it. A change in frequency being exerted upon anything will change the nature of that thing in some way. I get that.

The last sentence in your post made me laugh!

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I remember a yellow sun too. This white sun seems so weird... I guess Superman would not have gotten any powers under this white sun as opposed to the yellow one that powered him up.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

I don't see any elderly people wearing those sun glasses anymore but it went on for several years.

Interesting, I still see them around, although they aren't as common. It seems now that elderly folks wear them when they have eye problems. Don't forgot our medical understanding has improved greatly in the past 20 years. We have pills for almost everything now. My grandmother still wears the big sunglasses today (macular degeneration). When you are old your body starts to wear out. It's no surprise they would be more sensitive to the sun when they have more health issues and want bigger glasses to block more of it. Times change however, now we have remedies for much of that, plus people care more about fashion these days than they used to. It's partly a generational thing.

The sun hasn't changed, but the ozone layer has. For those of you that said you stared into the sun, don't you at least think that might be the reason why you see the sun differently now? The color of the sun is a projection, not a real memory because you can't stare into the sun without hurting your eyes. The sun is a broad spectrum of light, but the atmosphere filters some of them out which is why it appears different colors at different times, depending on location and weather. Between 10-2 the sun probably has a whiter appearance, while the later it gets the more orange it gets until sunset where it can appear almost red.

Kids memories are funny like that. They created projections of things that aren't real memories because humans have great imagination. I have done exactly that in the past, and no surprise I don't remember everything exactly as it happened. The longer a certain memory goes, the less likely we are to remember it correctly. It's just the way we are.

Also for those that see the sky white, please get your eyes checked. I'm not saying this to be condescending, but I have color blind friends and often with the colors you can't see they appear to be white. If they can't see blue, it appears as white, which could explain why some see a white sky. To me the sky is very deep blue.

I dunno, I was on board with this theory originally, but the more people I poll and the more research I do, the less likely it seems that dimensions are bleeding through or that someone is changing minor things like name spellings in the past. It seems to be more about creating memories via projection and imagination based on how you heard something. Think about it. If your mother read you a book when you were a child and you never saw the title of it, you only heard her say it, you will picture that word in your head, whether right or wrong with the spelling. Over time that word just becomes a false memory.

edit on 5 10 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

And tank man in tienemen square.. Not ran over...

What?!

He was NOT run over...

Tank Man info

And watch him leave at the end of this video clip:

Tank Man video

edit on 5/10/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Also the Mr Rogers song changed to "this neighborhood"?

I watched a lot of Mr. Rogers when my kids were growing up.

I'm pretty sure *both* versions (the, this) are used in the course of the song. That may be the source of confusion...

With that said, I believe the phenomena is real.

Actually, it's more than believe...

"Those that know don't ask. Those that ask don't know"

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

But how do you account for a change happening only to North Americans? The Mandela effect doesn't happen to non English speakers, I have checked extensively in Italian and Spanish, both online and asking people personally.

An interesting and perceptive question, n'est pas?

Think about it for a while...and then let me know why you think this may be the case?

Expand your thinking beyond the obvious.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

Another way to look at it is there's subjective reality and there's consensus-based reality. It appears to me this, the Mandela Effect, is an example of reality being called into question again in a major way for a lot of people. Another example which comes to mind is how people were effected by the movie, "The Matrix."

What do you think of what I wrote?

Well said. Tweetie. I wish I had the gift of succinctness.

Ah, the Matrix. Now you've given me the natural opening in the conversation I was waiting for to introduce one of my more "out there" anecdotes. I've posted all of this stuff elsewhere on ATS. I'm on an iPad and have trouble enough typing on the glass screen and seeing what I am typing so don't ask me to try and navigate this forum on this device and try to locate and link to my old threads. I was lucky enough to have the Iridium link readily available.

When I was about four or five, I was sitting up close to the front of our Church in a pew with my mom to my immediate left and then a sizable gap to my right before the next person. The sermon was boring so I tuned out and looked around at everyone. Suddenly I was seized by the thought and the sensation that not of any of it was real. I concentrated on that idea and continued to look around at me, becoming more entrenched in the growing certainty that all of it wasn't real. And then everything just started breaking up including my body and fading into whiteness and I couldn't see my own body anymore. I had this feeling of rising even though I couldn't see anything as a frame of reference for up or down.

I thought that maybe I was going to Heaven and meet God. I'd been indoctrinated at that point well enough to have a concept of Heaven and God. So at first I was excited. I didn't think I was dead but I thought maybe I was getting a visit and would be sent back to my mom. My head was always filled with kindly images of God and angels and that sort of thing.

Then I started hearing voices saying "She's waking up. She's waking up." But they didn't sound kindly and they didn't sound pleased about me waking up. They sounded pretty pissed off, actually, and very menacing. They were male-sounding voices.

Around that age I had also eluded an adult abuctor/potential rapist in my backyard, so I had a pretty well developed sense of self-preservation for a rugrat and I hadn't yet developed the cockiness that would later cause me to do stupid things like dare myself and others to stare at the sun. So my immediate instinct was to think fast.

I remember very clearly thinking to myself that whatever was happening was not in my best interest to continue. I had no desire to meet the owners of those voices conferring about what to do about me waking up. So I applied a tremendous amount of concentration on getting back to my mother's side and sure enough everything rebuilt itself back around me and I was at her side again. I tried telling her what happened but of course she shushed me as the sermon was still droning on.

I didn't forget that experience and filed it away as something I talk about from time to time with people who have had their own strange experiences to share.

A few years ago when my now tween was a preschooler she wandered through our kitchen acting dazed and insisting "This isn't real. None of this is real." She wouldn't respond to my questioning except to repeat herself. Then she snapped out of it.

But for a few years afterward she insisted we do not exist in the way we think we do. She told me back then that our real selves live somewhere else and we are only partly here and none of what we see here is real in the way we think it is. She now says she can still vaguely remember thinking all that but she can't remember why or what prompted it all. She says she would rather not think about it too much and just enjoy life with her friends and the usual tween distractions. Of course I respect her wishes. But I can't help but think back to my own experience as well as other odd things I've lived through over the years and wonder.

However my daughter is not completely closed off to strangeness. She and I were together a few months ago, spending the day together when she was home from school and we experienced that weird phenomena described in both"The Sun has had a Power Cut" thread and a similar one. It was daylight in a well lit room and suddenly for a brief instant both of us were plunged into complete darkness and then everything was normal. It was very fast, though we could both note having sufficient time to experience it. But we certainly could not explain it. I can't think of a physiological explanation that would logically apply to us both experiencing such an odd thing at the same time.

So I'm fond of the simulation theory to explain these weird things I've experienced but I'm not going to insist it's the only possible explanation when I have no evidence or proof. I leave it open for conjecture. And before anyone asks, yes, I have considered that my early childhood experience could have been some form of temporal lobe epileptic seizure. I would not rule it out when there are reports of some seizures sounding very similar. I've read that children can have one or two seizures and then outgrow them. So, yes, I'm happy to acknowledge that it is a plausible explanation.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs
I am not well versed enough to know or conjecture how the changes in the ozone layer impact the yellow sun vs. white sun perception. I can only report my perceptions and leave them open for discussion. ATS has many members well versed in the various sciences which is why I like to come here and discuss these weird things.

I'm aware some memories can be projected and distorted or even partially manufactured over time, so I have no logical choice but to acknowledge the possibility my memory of staring at the sun as a child is a manufactured one. Since it is not possible to stare at the sun now, it is folly to believe I did so as a child without accepting the possibility some very sci-fi stuff happened to our world between now and then. So the most reasonable and logical choice is to accept the scientifically proven explanation of a false memory.

However I will have to insist that I do indeed remember staring at the sun as a child. According to my memory, one time in my life I did it without incurring noticeable injury at the time and with no impact on my eyes or my vision that my opthamologist could detect when I asked him about it. If other accounts on ATS are to be believed I'm not the only nutty kid who pulled this stunt. Or at least thinks they pulled this stunt.

It's quite a brain twister. It's fun to contemplate while on a late lunch break but isn't something anyone with any sense wants to spend all their time thinking about, either. Rest assured when I'm not here, I'm living out a very routine schedule.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Doesn't quantum theory in general require the Many-Worlds theory (or relative state formation) for the math to work out correctly?

Are you an expert in quantum theory? Do you work with it on a daily basis? Or is your information just what you could glean from the Internet?

And BTW - there are many sub-branches of same...

Some of us have advanced grad degrees in the subject and have spent our lives continually studying QT and it's applications. Hell, some of us are even paid (very well) for doing so.

Of course, feel free to to state your opinions and disagree with others but state it for what it is - your personal opinion based on your own selective biases, research and interests.

Don't bother asking for my bona fides...I owe you nothing.

And this is a very interesting discussion on many levels.

Why are you so afraid to let it play? Why continually beat the flesh off the dead horse that you deposited many pages ago?

What are you afraid of? Why do you feel so threatened?

You may want to think about and examine that.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

I just read a lot of generic comments about what you think of me and almost nothing about quantum physics or how it relates to the "Mandela Effect(s)."

And how charmingly you approach the issue, stating that you "owe me nothing" ... does that work for you, generally?

But anyway ...

Notice in the snippet of what I've said here that you quoted above, there's a question mark at the end? What does that signify?

That's right, I was asking a question, not making a statement, not presuming to speak as an expert physicist.

What are you stating again? Would that be your opinion based on your own selective (...yadayada)?

Are you going to contribute anything to the discussion based on your "expertise" or just make personal, off-topic comments about me?

Cause frankly, the latter has been done to death in this thread. That dead horse you're carping about?

You just performed equine necromancy.

Bravo.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

The problem with what you are saying here is that science follows evidence. There is no way to experiment and test something like alternate dimensions and time travel... YET.

Really?

Are you sure about that?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Another way to look at it is there's subjective reality and there's consensus-based reality. It appears to me this, the Mandela Effect, is an example of reality being called into question again in a major way for a lot of people. Another example which comes to mind is how people were effected by the movie, "The Matrix."

What you wrote? Which time, your dream?

I would guess that dreams are actually very important to the "nitty-gritty" of the "Mandela Effect(s)" once we get a proper structural/theoretical framework for what's actually going on ... (well, that and hypnotic/hypnagogic/dream-like states, etc.)

I usually enjoy what you write, even when I don't agree, for the record.
Although I have discovered you're a bit more ... esoteric than I would thought from our past talks. That's very cool; spent the better part of my life there myself.

edit on 10-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

But you must acknowledge and accept the known and "peer accepted" parameters of existence at all times even while mentally extending yourself to pondering fanciful theories. If you become stridently enamored of any one theory that can not be sufficiently proven to those around you, it will put you at complete odds with your operational environment, causing great distress and inability to function within the known and tried and true parameters of your existence. A certain clinical detachment must be maintained at all times when considering theories that currently have no means of being proven or even sufficiently supported by viable evidence.

You've just summarized a great deal of my current personal paradigm, and, you have the background to understand why I describe it as my anchor (although, I am not and have never been diagnosed as schizophrenic).

Perhaps I make a bit more sense to you now?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

That was someone else's dream and I felt it was related to some of what's been posted in this thread but is not what I was referencing.

I meant what I replied to you earlier today about reality.

Thank you for the kind words about what I write.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

What do I think of this then?

Well, you've actually added another layer that I wasn't considering in my rush to be neat and dualistic, LOL.

Yes, consensus-based reality. The realm of the cultural meme, NLP, and ... a whole host of side dishes.

The "Collective Consciousness" one might even call it.

Your point is well-taken. IF we were considering the intentional "crafting" by some group of these kinds of "Effect(s)" I think the consensus-based reality (which for example includes God, ghosts, etc. as well as a little bit of science still holding on) would be the vector.

Once the meme enters the subjective/individual, I'd say it's self-propagating ... wouldn't you?

IF we were considering a possibility like that ... of course.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Personally I don't take note of things that don't affect my life, celebrities that died, lyrics etc etc... Though I did recall the Mandela dying in prison but it was not something of my everyday life so I can't be certain that my memory is correct.

I do believe something is wrong though. Because something has happened that concerned me directly, that changed about 5-6 years ago (maybe more I have trouble of tracking time now).

I have a lot of trouble remembering birthdays, because I don't consider birth dates as important things to remember (I have a brilliant memory because I choose to dismiss certain things that I don't consider important to leave place for more important stuff). Anyways, I'm born on the 1st of January. The only persons birth date I could ever remember was my mothers, which I knew as the 2nd of February, for 2 reasons, one because I knew it was my birth date +1 day (even though it's one month and one day, but my memory knew that), and two because she always said she was born on the same date as her best friend only a few years earlier (who I know only as an acquaintance).
So one year I go to her on the 2nd of February, like every year, to wish her happy birthday, she said thanks but it was yesterday... I was like WTF that's one of the only birthdays I remember, I said to her "are you sure (lol) ? because you are born on the same day as your best friend and one month and one day after my birthday" She said no she is certain, she was born one day before her best friend. I got her to go get her passport, and yes it said she was born the 1st of February...

The funny thing is it would have been a lot easier to remember that her birth date was exactly one month after mine than remembering 1 month and 1 day.

And since then we joke about it and I refuse to wish her a happy birthday on the 1st. But this is my way of remembering the change in case something else happens.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

The problem with what you are saying here is that science follows evidence. There is no way to experiment and test something like alternate dimensions and time travel... YET.

Really?

Are you sure about that?

This thread is interesting. I found it the othed day and the three people ive asked about maybe 10 of these things, got either 9 or all wrong. What does your question to Barcs Riffrafter, possibly suggest? I'm just curious, because its a cool idea. Thanks.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha
a reply to: TombEscaper

I speak three languages fluently and the Mandela effect seems to be happening only to English speakers. I have searched for the same effect in both Italian and Spanish, without success: a few websites talk about the phenomenom but as something happening to North Americans only. Also, most people from Italy or Hispanic countries I asked about this, have no clue what I am talking about, nobody seems to remember Mandela dying in the 80s, for example.

I have said on another thread that, due to phonetics, I remember the Berenstain always with an 'a', as people read the name with a Latin sound ('a' always sounds like 'a' in apple). And I suggested English speakers may remember the spelling wrong due to the the pronunciation in English (sounds like 'ei' just like 'ai' in pain).

If anybody has examples in Spanish or Italian please feel free to post them for me to read, I only ever found one website that talked about it but it was Mexican/Americans which also grew up with English.

So why is the Mandela effect only an Anglo-saxon thing?

It does happen in non english languages, there's a "mandela effect" , luke I am you father is also misquoted in French, the canadian politician Jaques Parizau is also misquoted because people swear that he said something in 1995, but was not the fact (it's a "The" instead of an "A" thing), but it is not as common in French.

I speak/read/write french fluently, I've lived in France for over 20years, born in England. And I also have a few of the false memories, but only in English.

edit on 11-5-2016 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

Really?

Are you sure about that?

Can you (or anyone else) demonstrate with empirical evidence that time travel or alternate dimensions exist and can be studied and experimented with?

If I'm wrong about this, please show me instead of asking me if I'm sure. There's a reason I put "YET" at the end of it. Humans may one day achieve those feats, the day just has not arrived yet. Unless, maybe you are privy to top secret information and experiments going on behind our back?

edit on 5 11 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Well after reading the majority of the pages of this thread, I now have a racing pulse and am finding it increasingly difficult to sit still in my office chair.

So is it Scarlett Johannsen or Scarlett Johannson?

top topics

<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join