It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

I remember celebrate

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Why do only some of us remember the previous timeline/reality? Is it that whoever shifts realities remembers the old one? or do we all shift and some remember and some don't?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

There's an incredibly immense likelihood that nobody is 'shifting realities' and the human memory is in fact fallible.

What would you say, maybe 0.00001% in favour of a reality shift?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Krneki

Nobody said anatomy has actually changed. We are discussing PERCEPTIONS of anatomy that we had that are now being challenged by information current available. Any number of logical and mundane explanations exist that could account for the disparity between perception and fact. A deficit in the educational materials we were provided is one possible explanation. A deficit in attention to detail or failure to give the matter sufficient thought and attention over the years can account for my own mistaken impressions. Alternate dimensions and a simulation model of existence are the more exotic possibilities and are intriguing to contemplate. We are all just having a friendly chat about it anyway, no need to take it so strongly.

I have posted before on ATS, at least two years ago in the context of a different conversation, that I stared at the sun as a kid. My account of the event has not changed. My account of the results have not changed. And as I recall there were a couple of other forum members who admitted to having done the same stupid stunt.

Indeed the point of my account is that, as far as I know, nobody can pull this stunt now without incurring severe and permanent eye damage. At most you can look directly at the sun but just for a quick glimpse. You certainly can't stare at it. I can understand your disbelief in my account of having done so as a child. For you to believe me, you would have to accept that the sun itself or the atmosphere has changed dramatically since 1973, which is around when I pulled that stunt. I believe there has been a change but I don't expect you or anyone else to, on my say so.

I don't expect you to believe anything I say. You have no idea who I am. Stick to what you know, that's the common sense thing to do. I choose to discuss topics that resonate with my own oddball experiences and with people who share a grounded but open minded attitude toward these things.

My opthamologist only said that I was lucky. He is slightly older than I am and didn't question my sincerity in what I said I did. He said simply that kids do crazy things but fortunately I'm okay. Or something to that effect.

The sun was to me, more yellowish at least through most of the 80's. Now it looks more white when I get a glimpse at it. Without staring of course. Kind of like comparing a yellow tinted smart phone screen to one that is more toward pure white. To me the skies still look as blue on a good day. But the sun throws off a more white glare. Also it feels more burning to the skin without warming you up all over. That part is hard to explain. Don't bother trying to make that our because I haven't articulated it at all well. And by the way I'm not basing any of this on photos.

Anyway it's nice to make your acquaintance here and I hope I didn't make you roll your eyes too hard.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FoxStriker
Sorry, no, my inbox seems to be empty. I'm on an iPad these days. Would that prevent me from seeing messages. Did you use u2u or whatever the forum based message system is now?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

My grandmother did that. About the time you are talking about. She was suffering from macular degeneration. Yes I remember those sunglasses. They were quite a fad with the elderly but I never asked why.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ellie Sagan
Why do only some of us remember the previous timeline/reality? Is it that whoever shifts realities remembers the old one? or do we all shift and some remember and some don't?
When I try to think all these things through as well as consider other personal experiences I've shared elsewhere on this forum but am not sure I feel like dragging into this discussion, I'm more inclined to entertain the theory that some of the strangeness is more readily explained by this world being a simulation, and for whatever reason, it's throwing more errors we are starting to notice. Or maybe it's not throwing more errors but we now notice the average errors it does throw due to the free exchange of information and anecdotes on the Internet.

I think that would also adequately explain anything weird the government might be doing. If they are doing anything weird. If we are all simulated avatars or something like that, and some of us who have moved into positions of power became aware of that and aware there is a problem in the overall simulation, they could be trying to control our reactions to the anomalies. Their actions are not therefore the cause, but a complication of the anomalies. Or they are trying to manage our sharing of information so they can manage or suppress our awareness of the simulation.

Keep in mind this is the theory I think does a good job of explaining the things people are noting as odd without excluding more conventional explanations like memory lapses or even exotic ideas like psy-op mischief, which all could also be taking place and compounding matters. I think it would explain why some of us share some questionable memories but not others, at least better than traveling from one or more timelines to another. I also think even if it all is a simulation there is no reason to throw out what we know through our sciences. I think simulation or not, we are still constrained by most of the familiar boundaries.

And it's just a theory. I don't sit here and dwell on it day and night and fret over it. I know I can't prove anything one way or the other. I lead a perfectly normal life with the occasional weird glitch to contemplate. Same as most people, I think.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone saw this dream posted at ATS on April 23rd but I did and I thought of it today.

More woo woo.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SheeplFlavoredAgain

I don't see any elderly people wearing those sun glasses anymore but it went on for several years.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

You are just in speaking for yourself only.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Trying to look at the sun was a common thing kids did as I remember. The main reason for these tries was the warning from elders not to do it to not get hurt and of course most kids can't help themselves not to challenge smart advices. My friend told me she was even so smart to look at the sun through binoculars. She experienced a nasty shock and learned a lesson the hard way without consequences. And yes, I do remember we were even trying to figure out ways how to prevent eyes from rolling away when hit by the sunlight. It's good our body reactions can protect us and I never seen anyone to be able to look at the sun for more than just a fraction of second and can't even imagine now or in the past anyone looking at it for 2, 3 or 4 seconds and still see. But yeah, I agree, people do crazy stuff all the time!

The sun heat has actually changed and yes it burns the skin much faster than in the past. I live by the sea and this change is obvious (to me), but I blame the atmosphere changes for that. I often think about hot days and summers in the past when air conditioners simply didn't exist in my area and how we survived without complaining much. I still can't figure if the sun heat (or just our sensations to heat) was different (I think I know what you mean with the burning part) or we simply got spoiled in the air conditioner era...

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
When I visit my in-laws at the retirement community I'll be sure to pay attention. I think I do on occasion still see those wrap around sunglasses. I think they are worn after cataract surgery. But I do remember back when I was younger that the older people took to wearing them like normal sunglasses like some crazy fad.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Krneki

I am glad you understood about what I was trying to convey about the sun burning the skin now more than in the past. The weird thing to me is that it does so on contact with bare skin without necessarily conveying more overall warmth to the rest of the body that is covered.

When I was a kid and into my 20's, we used to bask in the sunshine and enjoy warming up in it. But even if your skin was covered, you'd feel an even warmth all over. Now, it will burn your exposed skin very fast but covered skin won't necessarily heat up. Your idea about atmospheric composition being a primary factor sounds solid to me because I noticed the effect was far more pronounced when I visited Los Angeles for the first time last year. Everyone in my travel group remarked on it. We were all born and raised East Coast folks. I would love to know how it is for the folks in the industrial regions of China with the pollution so thick you could slice it.

A couple of years ago, I found it possible to actually fall asleep under the sun at Ocean City MD while out on the beach, so long as I threw the towel over me. I didn't overheat because there was a good breeze blowing. And I didn't burn because my skin was covered. That's not to say I didn't receive harmful uv rays through the towel fabric. But I didn't feel it.

In contrast, a couple of decades prior, I could not do that even with a breeze because the sun would beat down and warm me like a jacket potato! (Tinfoil wrapped baked potato for those not familiar with the term).

So I believe something has changed. I just don't know what or how. In the absence of commentary from people going back a few hundred years living under different levels and kinds of pollution, I can't be sure of much. Other than the fact that despite possessing a college degree, I'm woefully undereducated about the world around me.

This entire thread has demonstrated to me that I live wrapped in something of a cocoon and that a lot less filters past that cocoon into my awareness than I ever would have thought.

One reason I have a special fondness for the idea that our existence is a simulation is that I have had one dream in which I was reunited with a beloved pet who had passed away and I felt surrounded by a love so powerful it dwarfed even the love I feel as a wife and mother for my family. Wherever my conscience existed in this dream scenario, the simple emotion of love was so real and so encompassing that everything in my waking life feels pale and watered down and heavily filtered through heavily limited and constrained senses. It's like the difference between eating tomatoes fresh off the vine from your garden and those sickly pale tomatoes at the grocery store.

That's just one reason I'll share for now. I have others that are a bit stranger and strain credibility a bit too much. I've shared them before on ATS but I don't care to overload one post to one person with that sort of thing. I enjoy conversing with you and others here and I want to keep the tone manageable and not go off too skunky for skunkworks all at once. I don't think my part in this discussion has progressed to that point yet. Even though I'm open to wild theories I also take pride in being a down to earth, sensible and pragmatic person. I value logic. Even if I had no clue where my stomach was, lol!

Oh before I forget, when I stared at the sun, I did so to the point that after awhile it looked like two disks, not quite matching in size, one laid over top of the other, a yellow and an aqua one. The yellow was over the aqua I think. But it might have been the opposite. That was over 40 years ago. My memory of it is by now more fried than my eyes were.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
That was very interesting...that dream about the earth being encased in a construct that simulates our normal sky views. Though that was a dream or vision it reminds me of something exchanged in a U2U discussion that came about from Jazz10's Iridium Conspiracy thread a few years back. It was about a similar concept, for lack of a better way to describe it.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people intuit or imagine or sense there is something altered and even intentionally manipulated about our sky and all viewed in it. It's a very persistent theme and relates back to the Mandela Effect in that it gets us questioning the nature of our reality or our ability to perceive and process it.

That thread of Jazz's was a wild ride. It's here: www.abovetopsecret.com... Jazz10 has a mind that accumulates vast amounts of seemingly unrelated data and weaves them altogether into one tapestry of massive conspiracy. My mind works along similar lines, albeit on a far reduced scale of effort and speed, so I was able to process what Jazz was saying. Problem is Jazz was saying, or more accurately, implying a lot and apparently has continued to do so since I started taking periodic long breaks from the forum. I don't know if I can hope to catch up with that. The amount of caffeine I would need to ingest to keep up would make me too hyper to be coherent.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

resent it to you, if not try sending me a message bud, thanks!

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
This seems to be an emphatic examination of subjective vs. objective reality.

Ultimately, there is a decent philosophical stance for claiming that reality is only subjective of course, however ... that does lead to all sorts of problems, not the least of which psychosis. (No, I am pointedly NOT calling anyone here crazy.)

I guess, one way to consider the situation is to view the human consciousness as a display screen, with the input making all the difference, e.g. one can "view" a virtual reality completely artificially generated (a simulation or game) or a virtual reality that seeks to have a one to one relationship with the physical universe (a security camera feed.)

With that rather simple scenario in mind, one would view the Mandela Effect(s) as either components or glitches of a given VR experience (consciousness).

Thanks all; that helps me understand my thoughts quite well and (yes) comfortably.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Maybe slightly off-topic, but: since there are attempts to improve artificial intelligence and making computers that will learn to improve AI and so on, anyone else can imagine that characters living today in e.g. Second life game will evolve to our level and have ME experiences as well?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Psychosis is a very real concern. The chief lesson I learned from living many years with a schizophrenic is that you may entertain any number of incredible and unusual theories to explain things you don't understand. But you must acknowledge and accept the known and "peer accepted" parameters of existence at all times even while mentally extending yourself to pondering fanciful theories.

If you become stridently enamored of any one theory that can not be sufficiently proven to those around you, it will put you at complete odds with your operational environment, causing great distress and inability to function within the known and tried and true parameters of your existence. A certain clinical detachment must be maintained at all times when considering theories that currently have no means of being proven or even sufficiently supported by viable evidence.

In other words I can harmlessly entertain the idea or even belief that it's extremely likely I am a sim living in a simulation. But to stridently insist that this belief is an objective reality for all, in the absence of proof or even scientifically viable supporting theories and evidence, will make me seem and behave mentally unwell.

I'd be crossing that line from harmless eccentricity to pathology. Harmless eccentricity could in fact be genius "out of the box thinking" that explains or solves many of life's thornier problems. Pathology is out of the box thinking that causes thorny problems and causes its proponent to languish in isolation. The difference is the cost to one's quality of life and ability to function harmoniously with one's environment.

As I said, I'm a pragmatic person. If something is going to muck up my mental and physical well being, I handle it with care or back off.

I willingly discuss all theories, even the most fanciful ones, and could even accept some of them as the most likely and logical explanations to a given scenario, but I attach myself to nothing that is likely to serve me poorly if I hold it as a "truth" to be acted upon. Feeling something very strongly does not mean it is wise to consider it an actionable truth.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Another way to look at it is there's subjective reality and there's consensus-based reality. It appears to me this, the Mandela Effect, is an example of reality being called into question again in a major way for a lot of people. Another example which comes to mind is how people were effected by the movie, "The Matrix."

What do you think of what I wrote?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

The numbers of people wearing those glasses really stuck in my mind. I mentally collect things like that.

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join