It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

It's very weird indeed, as if someone has edited the text (or facts) of certain things, thus transforming the record of a thing in all media and recorded past comments, and in the brain on a certain level I think, because there are those who remember it the way it is now. Somehow it fails to convince everyone, because many of us KNOW what it was. Also, some written versions of the old reality also persist. It's almost like two forces tugging at our reality, with two different ideas of how things were. Some of us remain here in the reality that was, while others get tugged into an alternate version of the facts!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
a reply to: noonebutme

You did mock him, and in comparison to that, my insults are nothing but the truth. I try not to insult people generally, but you really did go for him, without even a hint of a concession for the fact that he was making the point that the name Luke was the name of his abuser. You knew he didn't mean Darth Vader, so yes, you mocked him instead of kindly refraining from further mockery.

Actually I didn't. To be honest I couldn't care less and I should not have to avoid saying the name of a person because he has issue with it in his past.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Don;t take that personal, Jacy it wasn;t directed to you, but the OP.

I reflect on world events, more to the destruction caused by wars of conquest and how people today deny that these things ever happened. On purpose if you ask me.

Take Korea for instance. US invaded that country waged aggressive war, occupies it militarily to this day.

Thas a fact. Whenever I say it in a 'crazy lil kim' thread though, people right here ridicule and deny that vehemently.

I can't name names (thats against TnC, lol), I also didn't bookmark the insults. Why bother? I know the truth, I saw it growing up, yet the narrative is changing, history is being rewritten all the time.

In religion, politics, warfare and conquest, we are surely being mind melded to believe a different one has occurred. The older you get the more you will see this.

Read my signature.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I am absolutely loving this. I feel reborn into a new reality, a new rabbit hole. This is tripping me the F out.

But to be fair, interview with a vampire and interview with the vampire sound the same when you say it.

I honestly can't remember. I thought it was "a vampire" though.

It's one of my moms favorite movies. She's my Mandela effect go to person. So I texted to see how she remembers.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Excellent find! I have also noticed how Google is cleaning up old reality wordings. It is possible though that they simply perceive the old wordings as false ones and are trying to clean up the search suggestions for people.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Don;t take that personal, Jacy it wasn;t directed to you, but the OP.

Read my signature.

Thanks hun, and I agree with everything you wrote.

It's so hard to find a discussion that stays focused and doesn't get stupid. I was hoping this was it, lol.

I'm laughing at your reference to "lil Kim" and I know you didn't mean the female rap/singer...but what's funny is that she is now white. (skin bleaching no doubt but your comment amused me)

I am waiting for a certain two members to show up and start the attack. Sadly that is when I will remove myself from the discussion and keep digging down the rabbit hole solo.
jacy

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
But to be fair, interview with a vampire and interview with the vampire sound the same when you say it.

But isn't that kind of implying that it could very well NOT be a "reality change" as people put it but just that people...remember it...wrong..?

Same with "Luke, I am your father" and "Life is like a box of chocolates.." ?

Because the phrases are easier said/remembered in a different wording, people have just remembered it that way and when brought to light, are surprised it's not what they remember.

That's how I see this at the moment. I mean - if I woke up one day and was missing an arm or my parents were completely different people then I might side with the "reality change" camp.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

The changes we've noticed though, tiny or enormous, do not seem to change anything significant when it comes to how we live our lives, get along with each other, etc. The changes do have the effect however of making us see reality as an illusion, forcing us to question things. To me, this is something which God/the Creator is doing for us. Why, I have no idea.

But yes, a computer program reality is also a possibility.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

originally posted by: GoShredAK

But isn't that kind of implying that it could very well NOT be a "reality change" as people put it but just that people...remember it...wrong..?

Same with "Luke, I am your father" and "Life is like a box of chocolates.." ?

Some of it could be wrong spelling, sure. Some of it looks wrong to me too, I don't buy into every specific 'alteration' that has been presented.
It gets personal when you and family/friends remember shared jokes about things. That's when it gets weird.
When we ALL remember something the same, but the material evidence is not backing us up.
THAT is why we can't stop talking about it.

"Life is like a box of chocolates"

Notice the first site IMDb...see where the quote is? See how the entire quote is written in 'bold' except the word "was"...?

Why isn't the entire thing in bold? Because it's been altered??
jacy

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I wouldn't say my responses are nasty - just realistic.

Going back...

a reply to: hidingthistime

..."Darth Vader" was the name of your abuser...? O_o

You can disagree with someone without slapping them in the face like that. There is no excuse for it.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Well. I suppose could have been altered, I can't categorically state that it wasn't and would be wrong of me to do so.

Now, this is one that I have *always* thought/remembered to be "Life *was* like a box of chocolates.." because it was Forrest recounting the story/quote from his mother in the past tense.

It always got me that people assumed it was "like" and again, I'm assuming (my opinion of course) it was just media/advertising using the quote in a way that suited their discourse.

HOwever, coming to these threads is now getting me to start questioning everything I thought I remembered about my fav films

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

I wouldn't say my responses are nasty - just realistic.

Going back...

a reply to: hidingthistime

..."Darth Vader" was the name of your abuser...? O_o

You can disagree with someone without slapping them in the face like that. There is no excuse for it.

Let's keep it classy, fellow members!

I have a permanent back injury from domestic abuse, it's not funny to me either.

Also...much appreciation to the members who are discussing the topic with me, whether they 'agree' or not.
I just won't stick around to be insulted.
jacy

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

"Slap in the face..?" How is that a slap in the face?? Jesus you people are f**king sensitive. It was a question, asked tongue-in-cheek with an emoticon to imply genuine bafflement.

Let's just recap:

1. We (he and I) have been discussing this topic previously and he made NO complaint about me using the name Luke.
2. If he was abused, I do NOT care as it has nothing to do with me.
3. If he wants to bring his past into the open and take offence at a common human name, that's his problem, not mine.
4. If someone if offended that I do not share his pain or angst, too bad.

Done? Good. Get back to the OP...

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I wonder if it's possible to access this phenomena in some way? I'd like to see what the Mega-Million lottery jackpot numbers will be. Of course, it might not be possible to drill down to the exact day.. but within a month or two is acceptable.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Jesus you people are f**king sensitive.

Guilty as charged.
*puts on big girl pants*....*but not depends/depend/whatever*

Has anybody got thoughts on 'subliminal programming'? Internet, television, radio?

Oh, and "Life IS like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get"...it's present tense.

Life WAS like a box of chocolates, you never know what you WERE gonna get...would fit with the 'tense' situation.

jacy
edit on 28-4-2016 by jacygirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2016 by jacygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
a reply to: Chadwickus

My partner and I have a shared memory from last year, regarding Andrew Zimmerman.

Andrew Zimmerman, the guy from Bizarre Foods? Can you elaborate on this or no?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

"Slap in the face..?" How is that a slap in the face?? Jesus you people are f**king sensitive. It was a question, asked tongue-in-cheek with an emoticon to imply genuine bafflement.

Can you not see how making light of something so serious is disrespectful. Think about it for a moment.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

No i know that's what I mean - I always thought it was *was*.. wait - are you saying the film version uses the present tense??

Now I'm really confused. I dont have a copy of it at hand to check. But I'm sure it was *was* as he was speaking about what his mother "used" to say, when she was alive...

No..? Damn. I need to go find it in the film - this is going to bother me all night now!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: jacygirl
a reply to: Chadwickus

My partner and I have a shared memory from last year, regarding Andrew Zimmerman.

Andrew Zimmerman, the guy from Bizarre Foods? Can you elaborate on this or no?

Oh sure!
My partner likes to eat weird/uncommon foods. When he was laid off last year, we watched a lot of "Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmerman" and "Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations".
My partner was on "team Zimmerman" while I preferred Anthony Bourdain.

While channel surfing, he found an episode of 'Bizarre Foods' and jokingly started chanting, "Zim mer man! Zim mer man!"
To which I replied, "Bour dain! Bour dain!"
And he said, "Well that doesn't work!"
So I chanted, "An tho ny! An tho ny!"

Zimmern is a switch from 3 syllables to 2.
Oddly, there is another chef named Andrew Zimmerman in Chicago I think? But when I search for Andrew Zimmerman I don't get him, I get Andrew Zimmern.

I have numerous screen shots, but running out of time here. Can put up later this afternoon if anyone wants.
jacy

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

1. I don't believe him.
2. You and he have every right to be offended, regardless of my opinion.
3. I had a pretty horrendous childhood - but i don't expect anyone else but me to give a damn - I'm not making MY problems yours - why are you making HIS problems mine?

Last post from me on the subject... back on topic...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join