It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Campaign Manager Corey Lewandowski, Arrested, Charged With Battery

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

How do you know that she didn't create that bruise herself?

Good point. Looks like she was in her bathroom for the photo. Who's to tell if it is just makeup she put on her arm?

It also looked like she was grabbed by the upper arm in the video, yet the bruises are on the forearm as another poster pointed out. But, the video is terrible so who knows.
edit on 29-3-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hope the frivolous case based on a lie gets thrown out. Total waste of police time.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jefwane
Just saw it on CNN, and i still fail to see anything worthy of a criminal charge. I'd go to a jury if it were me regardless of the uncertainty of outcome.

Feel free to go to a jury. A battery, under Florida law, is defined as any intentional unwanted touching. It is clear from the video that the thug grabbed her. That is battery. Under Section 784.03 of the Florida Statutes, injury is not required.
The jury will be instructed exactly as follows:
"To prove the crime of Battery, the State must prove the following element beyond a reasonable doubt:

"The Defendant intentionally touched the victim
against her will." (FLORIDA STANDARD JURY INSTRUCTIONS IN CRIMINAL CASES, 1981 Revision.) Simple Battery (Misdemeanor Battery) is a first degree misdemeanor, with penalties of up to one year in jail or 12 months probation, and a $1,000 fine.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

"The Defendant intentionally touched the victim
against her will."

(FLORIDA STANDARD JURY INSTRUCTIONS IN CRIMINAL CASES, 1981 Revision.) Simple Battery (Misdemeanor Battery) is a first degree misdemeanor, with penalties of up to one year in jail or 12 months probation, and a $1,000 fine.

Did she tell him not to touch her before the incident?

From that video I saw nothing more drastic than a typical event in Disney world and people trying to get through.
edit on 15331America/ChicagoTue, 29 Mar 2016 13:15:18 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I can't believe this. This is so pathetic. Yet another hit piece to bring down Don.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noobarino
The video shows him grabbing her upper-arm

Yet, the bruises are on her wrists, that seems odd

From that video I can't even make that out. Its also most like he grabbed her shirt near her shoulders?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

Good point. Looks like she was in her bathroom for the photo. Who's to tell if it is just makeup she put on her arm?

She was examined by the police afterwards when she filed the report. Its all in the official complaint.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

She was examined by the police afterwards when she filed the report. Its all in the official complaint.

Can you link the complaint please?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Okay the charges are a bit much but be fair people. Somebody is walking ahead very fast paced, you have got to grab their arm and yank pretty damned hard to not only stop their forward momentum but also reverse their direction. I could see a good bruise on some folk (people bruise differently) actually occuring from this.

I am sure theyve got pictures of said bruise to have made an arrest. Thats what happens.
edit on 29-3-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

Police report Here
www.documentcloud.org...

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: BIGPoJo

Here you go, I grabbed a few frames and circled where his hand is pulling back on her arm as he's pushing past her.

larger image

The picture is proof positive that he lied so why are people defending him.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Pathetic. Only in America. Brietbart.com is part of the Republican establishment, and are using this as an excuse to attack Trump. (and this is coming from a Bernie supporter).

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Notice that a week later, she still had the bruises on her arm according to the officer who interviewed her from the Jupiter PD. So that seems to rule out:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

That qualifies as assault?

I saw it on a news break/update as well?

What am I missing?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Here is how Michelle Fields described her experience:

I wasn’t called upon to ask a question during the televised press conference, but afterwards Trump wandered around, stopping at every reporter to take their questions. When he approached me, I asked him about his view on an aspect of affirmative action.

Trump acknowledged the question, but before he could answer I was jolted backwards. Someone had grabbed me tightly by the arm and yanked me down. I almost fell to the ground, but was able to maintain my balance. Nonetheless, I was shaken.

Even if Trump was done taking questions, Lewandowski would be out of line. Campaign managers aren’t supposed to try to forcefully throw reporters to the ground, no matter the circumstance. But what made this especially jarring is that there was no hint Trump was done taking questions. No one was pushing him to get away. He seemed to have been happily answering queries from my fellow reporters just a moment before.

Michelle Fields: In Her Own Words

Of course, none of the videos show Lewandowski "trying to forcefully throw reporters to the ground". What we have here is pure sensationalism used for political purpose.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Again

1. From the time that the incident occurred to the time she filed the report 3 days later. How do you know that she didn't create that bruise herself or the bruise wasn't from some other non related incident? If you really got assaulted would you wait 3 days?

2. From that video where did you see excessive force? She didn't even skip a step.

3. Where do you see her in distress before or after the incident on that video?
edit on 47331America/ChicagoTue, 29 Mar 2016 13:47:09 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Indigo5

Notice that a week later, she still had the bruises on her arm according to the officer who interviewed her from the Jupiter PD. So that seems to rule out:

Thats what happens when the media cry's wolf over and over. Sorry I have a hard time believing anything they say anymore. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt on this one, but it's not going to go anywhere in court.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Ok...so I read the thread in its entirety. Thanks for the circled highlight.

This is shameful. Truly shameful.

A tug on her arm, in a crowd that is moving, QUALIFIES as assault?

Every bus/train/subway rider need to wear a GoPro at ALL times and have a lawyer on retainer.

link   
a reply to: texasgirl

If she's lying and crying, then I trust there will be a proper investigation and those standing with/near her might be called as witnesses, etc.

I'm not saying I know what happened, only that IF he grabbed her arm and bruised her in a way that qualifies as "misdemeanor battery" or whatever the charge is, then do folks think it was right or wrong? I think it was definitely wrong.

If she is lying, then she is obviously in the wrong. If she is exaggerating to state her case, that is also wrong. I don't think we have all the facts to publicly try the case as judge and jury. I will leave that to the courts.

I would also offer that when Trump exaggerates or lies about things (like crowd size at his rallies, like thousand of muslims cheering the fall of the world trade buildings on NJ rooftops) then I also consider that wrong.

Anyway....

link   

Police report Here
www.documentcloud.org...

Thanks and I withdraw my statement about the makeup.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join