It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam a religion of peace?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969nrfore you point the finger by yourself a Quran and read it cover to cover line for line then comeback with your view on the material the problem with this is that they are told by nuts that they have to do as the Quran says or else.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Most muslims that i know told me that islam means to be at peace with god.

Have fun with your islam bashing thread.

Islam means submission. Have fun with your falsities.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Not nearly as violent as those who don't believe in any gods
Stalin, Pol Pot and Mao.

Not sure about that. The Christian God massacred all humanity except for one family.

God also commanded the Israelites to massacre the Amalekites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites.

Well, a GOD did that, not a religion.

Methinks you have been in church a tad too much, like myself, but you need to realize Christianity is not "MORE WORTHY" of scathing attack and scrutiny than the rest............

Israelites are not and have never been Christian, and do not read the Bible, see how easy it is for one to be lost in the shuffle ?

On the other hand, Judaism is a lot closer to what you claim of Christianity, and is a good deal more "concealed".
edit on 27-3-2016 by ParasuvO because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2016 by ParasuvO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Islam is a theocracy wearing the sheep's clothing of religion to shame societies and governments into permitting their entry into the society and geography. Once the nose is under the tent all infidels die from a stampede of sharp hooves and camel bites.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Islam is a word that means one who surrenders his will to God.

Many Muslims practice a religion of aggression based on the Hadith. However, in the Quran Mohammed calls for peace and religious tolerance.

This is why understanding Islam is confusing.

The Hadith is wrong, Islam is supposed to be peaceful according to the Quran. The Quran does not allow killing, except in retaliation, nor does it permit forced conversion of peaceful followers of other religions.

Wahhabism and Shira Law are not supported by the Quran, but the middle east has been heavily poisoned by this brand of Islam.
edit on 27-3-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

That's the same with pretty much every other religion. If you're going to call one out, call them all out.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

That was a brilliant addition, thank you for posting it.

Well worth the time to watch and listen to intellegent and articulate people voice
what 'seems to be' one of modern humanities common concerns as a whole.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
This question strikes at the heart of the problem, If Islam is not a religion of peace yet purports its self to be, than we can safely say that all of its tenants should be put through the flames of discernment.

Do we have to go through this nonsense again?

There's a great deal more violence in the name of God in the Bible than Quran. These three religious born of Abraham are all violent. M'kay?

I know you're the owner and all, but man are you just completely wrong. Violence in the name of God hasn't been in any of Christianity's teachings. Christianity was born of Jesus Christ, not Abraham. It was a whole new thought process once Jesus' disciples followed his teachings. "Eye for an eye" and all that death and destruction stuff that gets tossed at Christians was the old way, thus the naming of the prior teachings as "THE OLD TESTAMENT". Jesus' Golden Rule sums up Christianity, it covers all the Commandments of God but goes further to promote a peaceful and civil relationship with others. There's no murder and death/destruction related martyrdom in Christianity. There's no teachings of Jesus that promote genocide, rape, deceit, lying, murder, violence, nothing at all like that.

Let me beat you and others to: the Crusades were all about rescuing people (settlers, missionaries, and other innocents) from the genocidal Muslims who were trying to conquer the world. The Muslims were killing in the name of their god in a "convert or die" fashion. They were following their orders of spreading Islam across the entire planet by any means necessary. Orders that still stand today. The Knights Templar or whatever weren't killing in the name of Jesus. Lame attempt often used against Christians: "Yeah dude, but what about the Crusades? They killed everyone who wouldn't convert to Christianity." Bogus. False seeds planted by those who would see Christianity crumble. The Crusades were limited to a very small geographic area and lasted a very short relative time.

God prior to Jesus was all about enacting punishment, fire and brimstone, destruction of the wicked, etc.. The whole point of Christianity is that God gave up doing that, tried something different, love instead of fear, gave man a chance at redemption by living life the way Jesus taught them.

Also, God did his destruction of the wicked stuff thousands of years ago. The Crusades, even if you refuse to believe that they were on a rescue mission, occurred how long ago? Islam is doing the exact same things that they did 1500 years ago, enacting barbarism in the name of their God. How can we sympathize? How can we compare that to anything of today? How can we say and do things like "well you need to try and understand where they are coming from, need to see how hard it is to live where they come from, need to be loving and accepting of their culture and make changes to ours to make them comfortable". How is it possible that any decent person could come up with a reasonable excuse for a terrorist, radical, mass-murderer? Why is it that we refuse to correlate terrorism with a religion when we know their leaders across the middle east and even some of the domestic variety are shouting things like "Death to America", "America is the great satan", "Israel should be wiped off the face of the Earth"?

I could go on and on but the point is, don't combine Christianity, Islam, and Judaism in a blanket statement. That's pretty much an affront to your own site's motto no? This is not a nonsense topic. It needs to be discussed in great detail until there is no doubt. We need Islamic leaders to put up or shut up about how their religion is about peace. Let's see the peace in action. Let's see them police themselves. If the billions of the majority of Muslims are of peace, then they should have very little trouble squashing the bad apples. Strength in numbers. Let's listen in to the mosque teachings where the Imams talk about turning the other cheek, loving thy neighbor, being excellent to non-Muslims. Let's hear that from their leaders on a world stage. Then maybe I'll start to begin to consider topics like these as nonsense. Until then I will question everything and deny ignorance.

(post by imjack removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: primus2012

You said a lot there... And you said it well...

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: imjack

who are you talking to like that ? put a freaking address on it, son.

(post by imjack removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Alright there . enough with the BS .

Are you an Islamic scholar ? do you have any sort of academic degree on religion ? have you done any research on the issue ?

what is your statement based on ? Islam means submission, tnx for translating my religion for me .

can you elaborate though ? submission to who ?

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

And that's a fallacy, as no religion is a religion of peace.

"Islam teaches tolerance, not hatred; universal brotherhood, not enmity; peace, and not violence." — Pervez Musharraf.

"The word 'Islam' means 'peace.' The word 'Muslim' means 'one who surrenders to God.' But the press makes us seem like haters." — Muhammad Ali.

"The prophet did not found a terrorist religion, but a religion of peace." — Dalil Boubakeur.

"Clearly Islam the religion is not the cause of terrorism. Islam, as I said, is a religion of peace. However through the centuries, deviations from the true teachings of Islam take place. And so [people who call themselves] "Muslims" kill despite the injunction of their religion against killing especially of innocent people." — Mahathir bin Mohamad.

"The defeatists should fear Allah lest they distort this religion and cause it to become weak on the basis of the claim that it is a religion of peace. Yes, it is the religion of peace but in the sense of saving all of mankind from worshipping anything other than Allah and submitting all of mankind to the rule of Allah." — Sayyid Qutb.

It doesn't stop prominent people from proclaiming Islam a religion of peace, though. Which is strange, considering the vast majority of religiously motivated terrorist attacks appear to be committed by Islamic adherents.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

Are you an Islamic scholar ? do you have any sort of academic degree on religion ? have you done any research on the issue ?

what is your statement based on ? Islam means submission, tnx for translating my religion for me .

Third attempt to answer this because manners.

When you Google Islam, the definition provided by Google cites "submission" as the meaning in Arabic, with Aslama meaning "submit to god" as the root word.

Dear moderator, unless I'm mistaken this definition brings context to the question and thread. Please stop deleting it. It feels like massive censorship to delete the definition of Islam in a thread about Islam, especially when that definition is questioned... I apologize for being blown away nobody around here Google seaches ANYTHING anymore.

He said he practises Islam. Short of me being furious over Google, what is the harm in him knowing this definition? If "Google it" isn't a legitimate responce at this point, I don't see anymore place here for me anyway.
edit on 28-3-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
I think I made that clear, and further I am addressing the notion that Islam is a religion of peace..

And that's a fallacy, as no religion is a religion of peace.

Not true if you pic the correct religion, then that is the religion of peace.

/sarcasm

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

originally posted by: haman10

Third attempt to answer this because manners.

When you Google Islam, the definition provided by Google cites "submission" as the meaning in Arabic, with Aslama meaning "submit to god" as the root word.

Dear moderator, unless I'm mistaken this definition brings context to the question and thread. Please stop deleting it. It feels like massive censorship to delete the definition of Islam in a thread about Islam, especially when that definition is questioned... I apologize for being blown away nobody around here Google seaches ANYTHING anymore.

He said he practises Islam. Short of me being furious over Google, what is the harm in him knowing this definition?

First, regarding your posts being removed, its obvious that you were a little rude or else everyone knows thats the majority of the moderators in this forum are either american or are from UK , Canada or other western countries .

I myself have been active in mocking their politicians and their policies and never have i ever encountered backlash from moderators . its not the question of free speech , its a question of modesty .

secondly regarding the main topic : Thats why i asked submission to who ? Islam literally means submission to God, thats true . but its the literal translation of the word Islam .

so whats the problem here ? one member said that Islam is to be at peace with God (we all know he didn't mean the literal translation of the word) and asked others not to bash Islam .

was he wrong ? if yes explain why and if not, why was he attacked ?

and BTW, every freaking abrahamic religion practices submission to God . is that a problem ? if there is a God, then you're submissive to the existence of God .

whether you like it or not .

submission
səbˈmɪʃ(ə)n/Submit
noun
the action of accepting or yielding to a superior force or to the will or authority of another person.
"they were forced into submission"

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

If you would be so kind, please now list all the parts of the Holy Bible which say pretty much the same things.

You know, the parts about taking slaves, about going to war with other nations, about stoning people, about smashing babies on the rocks, about the subjugation of women...

No?
Didn't think so.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join