It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the Ancient Gnostic writings be right about the Archons?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hello my name is Dave,
I have been a member of ATS for a wee while and have thoroughly enjoyed a lot of the stuff that gets debated on here and appreciate the way in which the members dissect and critically analyze each thread. I'm not usually the guy that posts the thread, although i have huge respect for those who do and i can see the amount of work a lot of members do on their threads, i may not be able to reach the standards of the average OP but i will do my best to put across to you's what i have learned in the past week and what i have took from it. This thread is going to explore the "story" of the Archons of the Gnostic codices that were discovered in 1945 in Nag Hammandi and translated in 1947, and relate it to other various conspiracy theories.

This is the original article that got me interested in this Archon theory.
www.metahistory.org...

Now i would describe myself as being someone with a short fuse and i don't suffer fools to well, i can get a bit of road rage and be quite moody, i procrastinate my life away and im quick to judge others but i do love honest people, i cry when i see good people get a break, undercover boss makes me weep like a bitch, and its this compassion that keeps us human. But one thing i know for a fact is that things aren't right in this world, the gap between the rich and poor is disgusting, war after war, hate your fellow human being because.... well for anything nowadays, divisions are created between country and country, faiths, colours, sports teams, etc etc etc,

could these ancient parasites be orchestrating each and everyone of us, from time immemorial, the first thing that struck me was how these codices were basically describing two of the most common e.t's the greys and the reptilians and they were dated in the 3rd and 4th centuries AD.

now lets look at some famous deaths and relate their deaths to these parasitic entities, in a hypothetical way of course, right so if these parasites are trying to keep us from loving each other and connecting with our true self or divine light imagine what they would have been like the first time the heard the song Imagine by John Lennon, well they could get one of his weak minded crazed fans to shot him in the head.... that would work
im guessing they didn't like Bob Marleys "redemption song" either i mean "how long will they kill our prophets while we stand aside and look"
Could these evil tricksters been so callous as to cut our beloved superman down in his prime because he dared to fly.

i have so much more to add regarding how this can all relate to Carl Jung theories on the unconscious the occult and his own personal NDE aswell as Shamans views on these creatures and much more so i will keep posting on this thread and i will keep searching for more on the subject in the near future, i would be grateful for any input on this pos or neg.
some more things ive read up on so far
freedom-articles.toolsforfreedom.com...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

im learning as i go along my eyes and my mind is open.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

I think you are a smart man. Look for the conspiracy within the conspiracy and find the answer you will

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

The following passsage from your trigger-source is very interesting:

Physical descriptions of Archons occur in several Gnostic codices. Two types are clearly identified: a neonate or embryonic type, and a draconic or reptilian type. Obviously, these descriptions fit the Greys and Reptilians of contemporary reports to a T. Or I should say, to an ET.

I do not want to hijack your thread nor overly advocate my own - that being said: a few days ago I wrote a thread that may interest you, as it discusses similar matters.

I also know of two types: the insiders (which look like lizards or reptiles to us) and their created slaves, the Grey. We, humans, are also created by the insiders - perhaps they are archons, or beings created by archons - and serve as one of their worker species. I am aware of the Gnostic tradition (which in my opinion provides a flawed, but still one of the better religious models).

Interesting how various things come together. Another dot, I thank you for it!

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Matilda O'donnell MacElroy was a nurse at the time of Roswell.

In her interviews with a supposed captured alien she says some very interesting things that the alien told her that tie right in with your soul trap theory.

I think you might find it interesting.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

The Matilda O'donnell MacElroy "Alien Interview" is a hoax.

edit on 26-3-2016 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I have read this case...whether true or not she said had that Tao is the way to free yourself

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
In case you're not familiar with this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Per our previous discussion I know you'll enjoy it.

edit on 26-3-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

As always, take these things with a huge pinch of salt.

Hoax or not though, still alot of things that the OP might find interesting regarding his soul trap theory.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

i will be sure to check all of the above it thanks, but i want to tell you about a movie i watched when i was about ten called poltergeist 3 and the only bit in the movie i can remember and it terrified me was when the creepy old lady was telling the little girl that she was to come into the light and i was so scared that she would go into the light but she never did in the movie, well the little girl in that movie died not long after filming it, now that,s crazy. as soon as i read about the soul catching stuff it took me right back to that movie....as if my unconscious was telling me something.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

The "soul trap theory" is an extremely ancient mistake of philosophy from nearly two millennia ago that has influenced human story telling ever since.

It has an historical context that can be referred to.

Right?

P,S, Ohhhhkay.

All I am saying is, that if we want to corner what's up with the concept shouldn't we stay close-to-the-bone with our knife when we cut in to this ham?

There's a history of this idea and Jacques Vallee is a late comer.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I can't say one way or the other for sure. Neither can you or anyone else.

But the OP has touched on a question I myself have pondered many times since I personally believe in reincarnation.

What if I don't want to come back to this place? What if I want to stay in the light when I die?

Many people who have near death experiences talk about being told they have to go back because it "isn't their time" or something to that effect. So if free will is not something that exists in the afterlife, who is it that has the say so?
Christians will say well God does, but the God I have come to have a personal relationship with does not want to force me to do anything. So really, who knows.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Neither can you or anyone else.

You've gotta be joking.

It's called Neoplatonism.

No special power required to "know" what it is.

What if I don't want to come back to this place?

You're here because you are supposed to be. If you don't want to be, figuring out how not to be is personal to you, but I would assume that you have your work cut out for you if you seek to force the issue. Or maybe you have already completed the work, in which case: why would you still be bitching?

Either way, we are talking about a concept here, an idea, and it has an origin. What's the point of doing the work all over again?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

The idea of Archons was probably conceived in the face of our paleo-lithic ancestors being confronted with what we call 'Murphy's Law.'

Later on, the hubris of chieftains and kings may have been softened by their advisors muttering sagely about mysterious forces.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Well congratulations for using some of them big ol words an schoolin us righteous idjiots. Boy oh boy I shure am glad theres some smart uns like you ins round these parts.

And the constant editing of your posts is a little bit telling no?

And what am I "bitching" about exactly?

Pot meet kettle

edit on 26-3-2016 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Damn you and your big words!
Haha.

Interesting concept for sure. I've not studied it in any great detail (the Archon's, that is) but the theme does crop up from time to time.

I find it odd that sometimes the need to find a reason for all the bad stuff that happens is just a convenient way of not blaming ourselves.

I'll work through the links
Cheers.
edit on 26-3-2016 by Tulpa because: spooky synchronicities.beat me to it cos I type slow

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

The philosophies of ancient history are usually inaccurate and are often discarded.

Just because a modern theory mildly resembles an ancient one, does not mean it is building upon anything valid.

Mistaken ideas from history trap us: they seldom if ever liberate us.

Kev
edit on 26-3-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

The idea of Archons was probably conceived in the face of our paleo-lithic ancestors being confronted with what we call 'Murphy's Law.'

Later on, the hubris of chieftains and kings may have been softened by their advisors muttering sagely about mysterious forces.

Cultural and genetic darwinism can be used to explain pretty much all of "evil" and the trapping of humans in a spiraling death loop of self-destruction.

The good doctor is often quoted for weird things. He himself wants to uncover new science, not prove the case for Gnosticism.

I know...we discussed it at great length.

Kev

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

It's called Neoplatonism.

Perhaps you should read my first reply again

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Oh I'm pretty sure that the idea of Archons is real and that the idea that we reincarnate back to Earth until we learned what we needed is total crap. We are prisoners of something that's using our life force, especially negative emotions, as food and we are kept in denial of it all.

My gut tells me there are "contraptions", may they be in this dimension or another, on the Moon and Saturn either creating or modifying this reality to suit to their needs. I believe that humans are mostly good creatures and we call all see that the amount of evil around us is surreal and creating even more evil in this world seems to be rewarded much more than doing good.

I don't know if religions are there to empower us or save us. I think that the idea of Jesus as a savior is a manipulation and the light(NDE) is another manipulation. Whatever, I want out of this place and unless the only way to defeat them is from inside(which could be another manipulation), I won't be coming back.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20533081]theMediator[/

if anything, the idea of this being true is having an instant positive impact on me so im kinda wanting to give it more of my faith because in my mind if there is a hidden hand trying to control me im gonna do anything i can to resist, and resisting is simple just do all the things you've been meaning to do and stop procrastinating, i have been meaning to start meditating for years, ive read some great books on chi and meditation like the secret of the golden flower, and i feel the only true way to find truth is as the say look in before you look out,i think meditation could be the key or maybe ive just been to scared to try in case it isnt (only one way to find out)..... i also think that the earth and nature maybe the things we should be in more tune with, than anything else.

been reading through loads of threads and stuff on these pesky parasites now from some of the replys above and websites and have many ideas and theories on this subject,
of course if there was an evil hidden parasitic entity that has been around since the beginning of the solar system you would think they would have made sure that we humans never ever even got close to finding the truth out never mind little old me finding out, so yes i want to believe but believing anything 100% is as bad as completely dismissing something out of hand because it doesnt fit into your belief structure.
that said im enjoying all these posts and im looking forward to delving back in tomorrow.
all the best.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join