It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF soldier on video executing wounded Palestinian

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
.can anyone tell me why shooting this Palestinian is wrong
Simply on what grounds do you judge the actions of execution wrong in this case.

it's up to those in the situation to decide, not onlookers thousands of miles away

I understand the outrage, I don't understand why you think you have a right to say it's wrong, based on what
I think it's not wrong, not right either

It's wrong because you have an unarmed man on the street no threat to anyone and it's an execution. Not a mercy killing or anything good.

I'm all for justice being served, but if you like this, then why have Jury's and judges in the USA...just have cops kill whomever they want without a trial. I don't really want to live in a country like that. We're a little more civilized than that. We've evolved. And in case you think I'm soft or something, I'm a US Army Vet, I teach, train in and compete in various combat sports almost daily.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Threat was already neutralised and posed no further danger to anyone, the area was also under control.

That is an execution. I don't really see how it can be justified legally or morally.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: BestinShow
IDF, the new and improved Nazi Party!!

The Irony...

Do you find the daily anti-jew propaganda pumped in to Palestine to be nazi like at all?

...aaannnnddd cue the deflection!

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I know there are usually no rules of war but isnt this against the Geneva Conventions? Seems to me this man was incapable of fighting therefore now considered a non-combatant?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

The Palestinian authority and hamas inciting and paying these dregs and their families to stab civilian women and children is also a violation of international law.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

The Palestinian authority and hamas inciting and paying these dregs and their families to stab civilian women and children is also a violation of international law.

And if this is so, that makes it ok for them to set the rules of engagement? You advocate taking it down to their level? Or is this just more deflection?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
if this happened in america, armed cop kills muslim after stabbing an innocent, wouldn't you all be cheering while, claiming isis is taking over?

Here is where the U S police differ. they would had shot him dead first and avoided the issue. Thats what is wrong here. he WAITED until after he was restrained. kill them before then and youre perfectly legal. But h e i s going to b e punished fo r it so case closed.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20526420]JohnnyCanuck[/posti]

Deflect what? THEY ARRESTED THE SOLDIER.
he broke the law by snuffing that murderous thug.
I advocate rather draconian measures for dealing with terrorism

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

The Irony is Left wing Liberals like you are the most anti Semitic bunch.

How can you compare the IDF to Nazis? Are you really that stupid? The Nazis executed 6 millions Jews in gas chambers and burnt them in ovens. Then you cry when they defend themselves with force.

YES What the soldier did is wrong, but imagine if the person he brutally stabbed was someone you deeply cared about who was just on his or her way to get some milk.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

It's wrong because you have an unarmed man on the street no threat to anyone and it's an execution. Not a mercy killing or anything good.

I'm all for justice being served, but if you like this, then why have Jury's and judges in the USA...just have cops kill whomever they want without a trial. I don't really want to live in a country like that. We're a little more civilized than that. We've evolved. And in case you think I'm soft or something, I'm a US Army Vet, I teach, train in and compete in various combat sports almost daily.

I am mot a vet
This guy was a criminal, attempted murderer
My question is, why have jury's and judges, indeed why
I am not asking you where you want to live, just why is it wrong to shoot a criminal who attempts at another humans life wrong

Let me explain
I don't think you are soft
I don't understand why killing someone that has clearly broken the law is wrong
I don't understand why so many value this perpetrators life
I don't understand this Western Christian mentality in obviously a non Christian West

I don't understand how anyone can condemn a person who just killed another man in these circumstances

What is wrong with these actions and why

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

a reply to: [post=20526420]JohnnyCanuck[/posti]

Deflect what? THEY ARRESTED THE SOLDIER.
he broke the law by snuffing that murderous thug.
I advocate rather draconian measures for dealing with terrorism

Just a point dashen, the Palestinian did not actually murder anyone, only wounded. A vile scumbag yes but not a murderer. The only murderous thug was the IDF soldier that shot an unarmed wounded enemy at point blank to the head, also the only accomplices to a murder are the fellow IDF soldiers that looked on and let it happen.
edit on 052016052016bpm24 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
Threat was already neutralised and posed no further danger to anyone, the area was also under control.

That is an execution. I don't really see how it can be justified legally or morally.

What's immoral about it

What's immoral about killing a person, what is the perpetrators life worth and why is it worth that

The threat was not and would never be neutralized until dead, if the threat recovered healed then he would be a threat again

The final bullet neutralised the threat

Why is a head shot not justified in this circumstance, why is execution wrong

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Even so. That kill was not kosher.
And a lefty liberal israeli judge will likely throw the book at this soldier.
That stabber did not have to be neutralized.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Besides the victim that appeared to be not that injured towards the end of the video it looks like another individual is lying on the ground with no movements and the head appears bloody...
I'm on my phone though anyone else verify this?
Before the shot is fired the ambulance just happens to move in order to block the path of the person shooting the video...
And a soldier is also receiving communications via headset...
Isreal is experiencing heightened terror activity knife intifada is rather popular there right now and tensions are indeed high...
Isreal experiences around 2.6 terror attacks daily for quite some time now...
I'm not saying this was right or wrong I could sway either way for different reasons...
I have a feeling this was ordered though...
edit on 24-3-2016 by 5StarOracle because: word

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

a reply to: sosobad

Even so. That kill was not kosher.
And a lefty liberal israeli judge will likely throw the book at this soldier.
That stabber did not have to be neutralized.

And he deserves every bit of punishment that he receives. They man was on the ground neutralised and was not a threat. A psychopath (the only word for him) then proceeded to execute him at point blank range for what I can only see as revenge or enjoyment. The solider deserves to rot for the rest of his life as he is just as bad/dangerous if not more so than the Palestinian he just killed.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I'm calling the video a hoax, based on what the Jews had to endure under Hitler there would be no way they would act the same as the Nazi's or even worse than them. How could a person behave like that ? if my Family were killed by fanatical Nazi's then the last thing I would be doing is mirroring them.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

No, in point of fact many wouldn't. 'cause many of us don't think ISIS is taking over.

This soldier was way over the line. That was, on the face of it, cold blooded murder.

Seems the IDF agrees. He's been arrested, and the officers over him are under investigation as well.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
if this happened in America, armed cop kills muslim after stabbing an innocent, wouldn't you all be cheering while, claiming isis is taking over?

Hell yeah!! /sarc

But ... this one looked like a mercy killing, just FTR.

Could be.

Dude might have been bleeding out and/or shot in the head already.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

And if this is so, that makes it ok for them to set the rules of engagement? You advocate taking it down to their level? Or is this just more deflection?

Leveled playing field, only thing is, don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

The IDF guy was arrested. What more does anyone want?

Sheesh.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

It's propaganda designed to stir up anti-Israel sentiment.

If the IDF did not make a statement strongly condemning the incident, did not arrest the soldier awaiting trial, then people in this thread would have a reason to be angry.

It's a clear double standard that the action by one rogue soldier is indicative of the whole Israeli perception towards the Palestinians, but multiple actions by Palestinians towards Israelis are only isolated examples designed to paint Palestinians with a broad brush.

edit on 25/3/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join