It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF soldier on video executing wounded Palestinian

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Shocking footage has emerged online apparently showing an Israeli soldier executing a wounded Palestinian lying on the ground.

While the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) soldier is given medical treatment and proper care, and seems to be conscious, the Palestinian is lying on the ground immobilized. Both the Israeli servicemen and the medical staff can be seen ignoring the man until the ambulance leaves.

Seconds later, an IDF soldier reloads his weapon, approaches the Palestinian and fires a headshot at his victim. No one tries to prevent the soldier from killing the man, and the shot causes no reaction from bystanders. Armed Israelis are seen walking around as if nothing has happened.

Source

Just to get this part out of the way - yes, the injured Palestinian man may have stabbed someone. Yes, that would make him a criminal.
That is NOT AN EXCUSE for what happened afterwards. First, this is a blatant execution. The IDF soldier casually reloads his gun, walks up, and shoots the guy in the head at point blank range. More chilling, however, is the complete lack of response from everyone in the vicinity - as if he was seen as no more than a dirty nuisance rat. This sentiment has been echoed many times, even by members of the Israeli government - such as when the Palestinians were referred to as "not human", or as snakes and rats that should be exterminated, etc etc (See Ayelet Shaked, for example). Something is very wrong in Israel when nobody cares that an injured, immobile man is publicly executed in the street.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
IDF, the new and improved Nazi Party!!

The Irony...

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Looks like a well acted out training drill exercise.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I see no reason not to execute a wounded enemy combatant.

Remember boys and girls, double tap, better them than you.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
That is a very disturbing video.

Not good at all.

EDIT:

The chief spokesman for the Israel Defenses Forces, Brig. Gen. Moti Almoz, condemned the shooting, saying, "This is not the culture of the IDF, and not the culture of the Jewish people, and not connected to military procedure in any way." Almoz said the soldier has been arrested by military police and that officers at the scene are also under investigation, the Jerusalem Post reported.

www.washingtonpost.com...[edit by]edit on 24-3-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
IDF, the new and improved Nazi Party!!

The Irony...

Do you find the daily anti-jew propaganda pumped in to Palestine to be nazi like at all?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
They have since taken down their player, and provide just a link, while their own source video is still up on youtube.
This a gruesome episode, and I won't post any video here. But, you see what the commander has said, it should not have happened.....in a word against their ethos. Truth is that it happens all the time, probably no standing army has not done just the same as that at some time or the other. Thing is, it's people who have the cameras now, not an organisation, and it's people who can, and should be able to do what they want with material like this.
It's becoming the only way to avoid mankind from sinking back to the past, otherwise all the laws we have mean nothing.
You can't pick and choose.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Funny how the Israeli's treat the Palestinians the same way the Nazi's treated the Jews?

Why is that? This is murder pure and simple.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The soldier has been arrested. Nazis wouldve given him a medal and a high five

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

Are you differentiating? Look at all the other people in the video.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Differentiation between an innocent victim of nazis getting executed and a murderer stabber terrorist who would gladly stab you in the head getting put out if his misery?
Oh, the soldier was arrested and will probably do 20 years in military prison

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Will he get the same as other soldiers that murder Palestinians? You know a promotion and a raise?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Arrested, jailed and courtmartialed?
Yes, probably. You probablya think With each ten Palestinians killed they also get a free falafel and soft drink.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
if this happened in america, armed cop kills muslim after stabbing an innocent, wouldn't you all be cheering while, claiming isis is taking over?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

seeing Palestinians treated this way adds a modicum of justification for their violent acts against the Israelis, they have been crying foul against isreal for so long and it has been denied vehemently, this video though shows its reality, and makes it alot harder to blame them for their acts of revenge, this is exactly why you have to treat criminals with the same dignity as non criminals, otherwise you just give them justification for their behavior by acting as a criminal yourself.

the man should have been arrested and charged before a court of law not executed in the street, now the executor is no better and likewise should be arrested and charged before a court of law.

anyone disagreeing with that is an authoritarian and part of the problem, ie no better then either of the violent parties here.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
if this happened in america, armed cop kills muslim after stabbing an innocent, wouldn't you all be cheering while, claiming isis is taking over?

in the context you phrased it probably,

but in the context of how it occurred, man shot other unconscious man who was lying in the street in broad daylight motionless, clear execution, i would still expect people to be outraged.

though i also think the officer would at worst be relieved of duty to retire early, not arrested.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

a reply to: smurfy

Oh, the soldier was arrested and will probably do 20 years in military prison

That would be as opposed to the soldier now walking free, and the terrorist attacker spending a similar time in a non military prison, had the soldier not done the deed. As for the Nazis, you know what happened to them...well many of them...well some of them, well maybe a few.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
.can anyone tell me why shooting this Palestinian is wrong
Simply on what grounds do you judge the actions of execution wrong in this case.

it's up to those in the situation to decide, not onlookers thousands of miles away

I understand the outrage, I don't understand why you think you have a right to say it's wrong, based on what
I think it's not wrong, not right either

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
if this happened in America, armed cop kills muslim after stabbing an innocent, wouldn't you all be cheering while, claiming isis is taking over?

Hell yeah!! /sarc

But ... this one looked like a mercy killing, just FTR.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I have a friend from Israel that left to work in the US and I asked him why did he left his home and he said: They are all Crazy..... this was 25 years ago and I guess Israelis and Palestinians are still CRAZY! each pointing the finger at each other, sorry but it takes two to tango and both groups are at fault!

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join