It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being alone is better than being vulnerable.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I still believe when you meet the right person it will all fall into place (hopeless romantic!) and they won't try to change you and you won't WANT to change them.
It will just be right.

This is very true but it does take effort on a person's part like anything good does, it took me 5 years and a ton of miserable one dates.
It also takes attention to grow like a garden. one thing we have done is always tell each other thank you for things, so we won't forget to appreciate each other, it does make a difference. I notice that all of the long term couples I know stand together no matter what in public even when they disagree with one another, they talk about it later alone. They also never embarrass or talk down to one another they show constant respect. They all have these things in common and also they share their sense of humor so they laugh at the same things.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Women only care about trading themselves for a better quality of life. No woman has ever genuinely cared about a guy because of their mind and personality. The only time they care about a relationship is when they're at risk of being thrown from the gravy train.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DuKEvcz

Oh my!

I am so sorry you feel that way.

Maybe you need some new friends.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DuKEvcz

Try not to be cynical, life's too short. I have recently left a 21 year relationship because of his alcoholism. I remained loyal and faithful right to the ugly end. I'm a 45 year old woman with 5 wonderful, intelligent children. I am left in ruins and can't see that any man would want to date me now. But I'm happy. Because I have my children and if I die with them at my bedside...it will all have been totally worth it. He had nothing when I met him but that didn't matter to me. Love is love. It just creeps up on you, whether you are rich or poor. I still love him and I always will. But as the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink it. He gave up his children for the bottle. Sad ending.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join