It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: I'd bring back 'a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2
a reply to: crazyewok

Coward? o.k. let em attack us.

Didn't say we should let them attack us.

Only we shouldn't to delve into the dangrous grounds of sate sanctioned torture.

How can we protect our freedoms and values if we sacrifice them for a a little extra security?
edit on 8-2-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Can't wait until the unthinkable happens in this country and then folks like you will be out for blood.

Good old double standard is alive and well.

A terrorist attack will happen torture or not I garentee it 100%.

I just dont live in fear of it and Im not willing tp sacrifice my freedoms, rights or ethics like a coward.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Can't wait until the unthinkable happens in this country and then folks like you will be out for blood.

Good old double standard is alive and well.

That sounds rather sick and disturbing. You are anxious for people to die and be maimed JUST so you can laugh, point, and say I told you so?

What do expect from someone who supports torture? Empathy and ethics is hardly going to be a strong point of them....

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

As I've said, the treatment of terrorists in Guantanimo didn't violate any laws of freedom or rights. Ethics? Meh, subjective garbage that shifts with the wind depending on who is in power. My own personal ethics are that, if person A wishes to kill me or my family, person A needs to suffer prior to expiration.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Didn't violate laws? Sure it did but whose gonna hold the U.S. Govt accountable? No one, so they don't adhere to any laws.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20348478]CharlieSpeirs[/post
Civilized nations DON'T torture people ,they use CHEMISTRY.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

USA is the defacto enforcement arm of the world court... what are we gonna do, arrest ourselves?

International law doesn't mean jack snip to me, man. In terms of US law, they never crossed America's threshold and, thus, those terrorists were never entitled to COnstitutional protections. Screw 'em and any who choose to follow in their footsteps.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Swills

USA is the defacto enforcement arm of the world court... what are we gonna do, arrest ourselves?

International law doesn't mean jack snip to me, man. In terms of US law, they never crossed America's threshold and, thus, those terrorists were never entitled to COnstitutional protections. Screw 'em and any who choose to follow in their footsteps.

It's against the law to play Russian roulette with your prisoner. It's against the law to leave your prisoner chained to a wall to die. It should be, but I'm not totally sure, against the law to feed your prisoners via rectal feeding tube. That last one has me baffled because wouldn't that kill you? I guess it didn't but damn that can't be good for you!

Torture is torture and we have done a lot more than just water boarding so if you support Trump and his views on torture I guess you support all of the above and more?

edit on 8-2-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Torture is torture and we have done a lot more than just water boarding so if you support Trump and his views on torture I guess you support all of the above and more?

I don't support the rectal feeding tube thing... if a prisoner elects to starve themselves to death, allow it to happen. Otherwise, as long as it isn't being used against American citizens in violation of the Constitution, I certainly haven't lost any sleep over it.

Just being honest, man.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I don't support the rectal feeding tube thing... if a prisoner elects to starve themselves to death, allow it to happen. Otherwise, as long as it isn't being used against American citizens in violation of the Constitution, I certainly haven't lost any sleep over it.

Just being honest, man.

But why do it if it doesn't work and it only enrages our enemies? Taken a step further, don't we want to be better then ISIS? Or should we behead them on film, push them off buildings and burn them alive and rape their wives and daughters? Are you for that as well?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
War would be more effective if there were no laws or ROE. Not sure they were thinking about that in 45 when they dropped the bomb.

But if it would save my country and family...Ka-Boom!

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I don't think Trump really wants to be president..
He's just having fun .. noising up the establishment.

Trump can't be stupid a man.. to have made it big in business,
so when he says things like he has.. he knows it not going to win over the voters....

he's starting to back out of the race.

just my opinion
edit on Mon, 08 Feb 2016 17:33:35 -0600335America/ChicagoMonday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

If I had a magic wand, we wouldn't be there in the first place. Bring our soldiers home, give the ME a middle finger, and close America's borders tight.

Trouble is we are there and we are allegedly some great evil force according to their little Imams and Ayatollahs, so why not? If they think we've been evil up to now, it is obvious they have no idea what true evil is. They consider the US barbarians and butchers? OK, give them a history lesson on exactly what constitutes barbarism and butchery and, if they still have the spirit and will to fight after seeing that, screw it because we won't be able to beat them in battle anyway. It would be a lot more sensible than this "kinder gentler" war horsecrap we've managed to lose Iraq because of.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

If I had a magic wand, we wouldn't be there in the first place. Bring our soldiers home, give the ME a middle finger, and close America's borders tight.

Trouble is we are there and we are allegedly some great evil force according to their little Imams and Ayatollahs, so why not? If they think we've been evil up to now, it is obvious they have no idea what true evil is. They consider the US barbarians and butchers? OK, give them a history lesson on exactly what constitutes barbarism and butchery and, if they still have the spirit and will to fight after seeing that, screw it because we won't be able to beat them in battle anyway. It would be a lot more sensible than this "kinder gentler" war horsecrap we've managed to lose Iraq because of.

You do realize that we are the agressors. We invaded Iraq for no reason. And you say a "Kinder Gentler" war but we've killed thousands of children over there already and hundreds of thousands of civilians with bombs and A 10s and other "kind and gentle' weapons.

Still, I agree, we do need to get out of there, but becoming as bad as a lunatic terrorist ourselves is no way to do it. Torture is bad...period. We've always known that. We're better than that. We're Americans.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
We are party to numerous treaties and agreements (including the Geneva Conventions, and the United Nations Convention Against Torture) that make the use of torture illegal. These treaties leave no doubt as to what constitutes torture.

If we are going to torture anyway, we should officially withdraw from those treaties, and state our position openly to the world.

If we do not, we are committing war crimes as a nation, pure and simple.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
War would be more effective if there were no laws or ROE. Not sure they were thinking about that in 45 when they dropped the bomb.

But if it would save my country and family...Ka-Boom!

That's real smart....

You want bio/chem riding on the wind over your town?

The foolish short sided style of thinking in this thread is astonishing.
edit on 8-2-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

The whole election summed up in one paragraph. Too bad no one will listen. It's election time and the fanboys are pushing hard for their favorite crook.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
oh good ill just leave this here

OH snap neo is back boys

torture shouldn't be american policy, its pretty simple. maybe we should torture any muslim with a suspicious look, just in case they know anything. doesn't matter which president, doesn't matter which side, torture brings us down to their level.

torture today, what's next tomorrow? torturing americans? Guantanamo, waterboarding, trump is moving backwards.

its not US policy to kill children with drones, we dont go collecting intelligence to bomb children, it's called collateral. it's sad when it happens, but if your'e going to start criticising administrations of collateral damage, start with Hiroshima.
edit on 8-2-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

Noam Chomsky argued this with Sam harris, and frankly, sam kicked him in the bum for not understanding intentions of actions.
edit on 8-2-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

You do realize that we are the agressors. We invaded Iraq for no reason. And you say a "Kinder Gentler" war but we've killed thousands of children over there already and hundreds of thousands of civilians with bombs and A 10s and other "kind and gentle' weapons.

Still, I agree, we do need to get out of there, but becoming as bad as a lunatic terrorist ourselves is no way to do it. Torture is bad...period. We've always known that. We're better than that. We're Americans.

Iraq?
This all started at the latest, after WWI when their lands were carved up into separate states. This problem has more than a century behind it and if you listen to some of the more insane ISIL soldiers, the crusades never ended.

Hiw many ATS members or Americans are aware of what JSOC is doing on any given day at any given moment?
edit on 8-2-2016 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: spinalremain

originally posted by: amazing

Iraq?
This all started at the latest, after WWI when their lands were carved up into separate states. This problem has more than a century behind it and if you listen to some of the more insane ISIL soldiers, the crusades never ended.

Hiw many ATS members or Americans are aware of what JSOC is doing on any given day at any given moment?

Agreed, but IRAQ didn't help anything and we (Reagan/Bush created the Taliban and armed Osama Bin Laden)(Bush invading IRAQ) and (Obama's endless drones killing children) haven't helped anything. Heck even ISIS has our weapons and training.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join