It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: I'd bring back 'a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

My meaning, was Islamic led attacks against the west only stopped for a short time. After that, there was some regaining of Islamic conquered lands, but only some ever regained their freedom from Islamic rule.

en.wikipedia.org...

I am sure you know that though and simply choose to ignore that all these Muslim lands they have, once upon a time were not Muslims lands.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

Which US events would that be? Round what year?

I loved to say I've learned some history from your little lesson about Muslims but I'm gonna have to ask you show me some academics on that. Conquest is terrorism? Well hell, we're all descendants of terrorists then.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I am not willing to simply ignore history to get to the answer you want. You want to blame it ALL on the west, and nothing on Muslims. It is most definitely more than that. It is not all of one, and none of the other to blame.

You all seem to want to stop at 100 years ago, and forgo what happened prior.

edit on 8-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Wow, that's some link and some theory on how modern terrorism began, back in 700.

I wonder, do you support Trumps ban on Muslims?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I think we need to close the borders period, as we are in a time of war. Not only Muslims, but no immigration until this war ends, and whether you like it or not, we are at war.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Your history is your perception. Sounds to me you're blaming it all on the Muslims and give zero responsibility to the West.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I did not say that, I said we have some responsibility in ramping it back up, but so do Muslims have some responsibility in this as well. In this time, it is a combination of both.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I still don't how people are advocating torture. It doesn't work. We know it doesn't work. The only reason I can come up with as to why they would still do so is because they want to "get back" at the terrorists, or something absurd such as that.

a reply to: Teikiatsu

Then I'm sure you'd be the first to volunteer for that same little "harsh swirly" every day, right?

Waterboarding.
Is.
Torture.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

We has some responsibility? How big of your to accept some responsibility for our current affairs...

No, you are blaming the Muslims and basically describing them as terrorists because you read ancient history page on Wikipedia.

Lemme ask you another question, are only Muslims terrorists? Did Muslims invent terrorism and that's why terrorism still exists today? Because Muslims?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

We are at war? The war on terrorism or are you talking about how we continue to meddle in the Middle East with invasions, regime changes, air/drone strikes, foreign aid, and sanctions?

Who are the terrorists we're currently fighting? Al Qaeda right? Does Al Qaeda's history at all come close or parallel Islamic history from 700?

Or are we at war with Middle Eastern nations we aren't allied with? What do you think this war is really about? Being a student of ancient history you must have thoughts about why we are at war?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kitana
a reply to: crazyewok

I would agree with this sentiment - although I disagree that they picked up just anyone brown.

Tell that to the German guy the picked up by accident and tortured for a year just because his name was middle easteny

Hell the CIA even admited they got the wrong guy yet still still continued to detain and torture him...

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Okay, the German guy you are talking about would probably be Khalid el-Masri, he was born in Lebanon and went to Germany seeking political asylum, married a German woman long enough to get German citizenship and then divorced her (never having children with her) and afterward married a Lebanese woman and had children and built a family with her. Not exactly saint material since I do have a problem with people marrying for citizenship only without any desire to have an actual marriage. Also, the group he was involved in, during the time of his involvement in Lebanese politics, was not a peaceful group. They were Islamist hardliners, considered radicals, who believed force was an acceptable means in politics. They changed their tune in time, but not until after Khalid el-Masri fled Lebanon. Although this is beside the point, I thought you should know the character to the man you are attempting to make a saint.

Now, he could have otherwise been a wonderful German citizen I don't know, but he has a name, Khalid el-Masri, which in Arabic is spelled exactly the same as Khalid al-Masri who was being sought as an alleged mentor to the al-Qaeda Hamburg cell. He was arrested by Macedonian police who believed his German passport might have been forged, and they believed he was the same person as the one they were seeking as their Arabic names were identical.

Now, Macedonian police told the CIA to come get him, they had the right man. This case, was an honest case of mistaken identity. This does happen every day. Every day all around the world, an innocent man goes to jail, not all the time, but it happens. It happens here in the US, it happens all around the world. Mistakes happen, people are human and it cannot be helped.

While I don't condone torture, I cannot say this was an instance of picking someone up simply because they happened to have been brown either. It was an honest case of mistaken identity, which does happen - and it happens to more than just brown people too.

This black and white world you choose to believe in, where only one side is completely in the wrong and one side does no wrong, simply does not exist.
edit on 9-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Serious and short question. Is waterboarding painful or does it just scare you (while you choke)? Because if it doesn't cause pain, as far as I can tell it isn't torture. All the definitions of torture include causing pain.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

Serious and short question. Is waterboarding painful or does it just scare you (while you choke)? Because if it doesn't cause pain, as far as I can tell it isn't torture. All the definitions of torture include causing pain.

Having done SERE-C, I can tell you that waterboarding is everything you'd describe as torture and a bit more.

It's very panic inducing. Which is what they're after.

There are other parts that I did worse on, some better. It all sucks.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

What could be worse than waterboarding? perhaps reading one of Trumps many books as the flakes of his dandruff gets stuck in your eyelashes could rival that experience.

I shudder every time I see Trumps name in a headline.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

What could be worse than waterboarding?

The 100 questions of the Lubyanka.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Worse than that, being stuck in a room with the Trump for 100 days.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: Bedlam

Worse than that, being stuck in a room with the Trump for 100 days.

For me, I'm not sure what might be worse than a soldering iron shoved up my ass and hooked to a variac. Maybe having to listen to Barry Manelow or Barbra Streisand. I'd have to think about her.

/This is setting 1. Who are you?
//This is setting 2. Who are you?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I have no idea of these 100 questions you speak of, but it must be pretty bad if simulated drowning can be considered a lesser form of torture in your eyes.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Truthfully, actually being on the butt end of the torture, even in training, is pretty instructive.

There's simple # that will get your attention in really amazing ways. It's likely against the T&C's to go into detail.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join