It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cologne Imam Says ‘Things Will Happen’ If Women Wear Perfume And Dress Half-Naked

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

Through legally owned firearms?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

What can I say, God bless America and the freedoms we women have.

I can feel the love of in this thread from those that hate liberated and free women.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpartan

Through legally owned firearms?

Does the United States keep record of homicides through legal and illegal firearms?

Fact 1.)
In the USA you are 10x more likely to be killed than living in Germany

Fact 2.)
67.75% of the time, you are most likely to be killed with a firearm in the USA.

Fact 3.)
The USA has a problem with guns.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

What can I say, God bless America and the freedoms we women have.

I can feel the love of in this thread from those that hate liberated and free women.

You can say God Bless America for ranking USA 20th for womens rights, politcal empowermet, health + survival, Education, Economic, participation and opportunities.

You are right. The people who hate liberated and free women are wasting their time here and should focus at least on the countries who are ranked in the top 10.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Repeating what you said doesn't change the flaw in your argument.

You were talking to a legal gun owner, criticsing her gun ownership by saying that a lot of people are being killed by guns in the US, but you don't point out that the vast majority of murders are committed with illegally owned guns, by criminals, not by legal owners.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpartan

Repeating what you said doesn't change the flaw in your argument.

You were talking to a legal gun owner, criticsing her gun ownership by saying that a lot of people are being killed by guns in the US, but you don't point out that the vast majority of murders are committed with illegally owned guns, by criminals, not by legal owners.

I'm not criticising her for gun ownership. I recognise the USA has problems with guns. Hell, if I lived in the US I'd want to protect myself. However in Europe? No...

Since you say the vast majority of murders are committed with illegally owned guns. Can you please provide links to the stats? I am interested in how the United States keeps its records in regards to this.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

We are a country with a huge problem with illegal immigration on top of the legal immigrations thanks to our government, because we have a government that wants to limit and restrict the rights to arm from its citizens, statistics are kept in a way that shows all death by fire arm, but have to dig into what percentage is from gangs, illegal and soo on, actually legal gun owners do still have incidents of death by accidents or self defense but the government doesn't want the statistics to be separated from the overall deaths, because it doesn't look good for their anti gun agenda.

Is several threads in which many posters has done the brake down of gun deaths, you will be surprised by the numbers.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Now, do me a favour. Look out of your window: do you see any refugees? The overwhelming majority of posters / readers here will have to admit they don't. But the one or two that do: tell me, are they robbing somebody, raping somebody? Of course not. It's all inside your head, folks.

Again, I know the point you are trying to make, but your example proves nothing.

I live in the country and there are a lot of potentially dangerous critters that live right outside my door. I let them be, as long as they let me be. If they cross my home boundary line, or become a threat to me or mine, they will be eliminated. That usually means that I have to trap and remove most of 4 the legged critters, and the bees, or if necessary, they will have to be put down.

I can look out my window right now and i won't see any of them. I can stand guard at my window during the night, and I won't see anything, yet I will see tracks in my yard come morning to remind me they though I don't see them, they are there, close and dangerous.

The most deadly and dangerous of the animals are successful in their attacks, because they are not easily recognized or seen, until it is too late.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

So the United States does not keep official records of whether someone is killed with illegal or legal firearms.

Interesting. So this is used by posters like NeoSpartan to write the vast majority of murders are committed with illegally owned guns, by criminals, not by legal owners. and is said without these official statistics?

Interesting to note, is that you insinuate this is a problem of illegal immigration when statistically you are more likely to be killed by a neighbour, a relative, acquaintance, boyfriend, friend than by an illegal immigrant or some random stranger. 25% of the time you are more likely to be killed by a family member.

edit on 22 1 2016 by Debunkology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
And I must add I am wondering how the people in the melting pot recognize those, who are in and those who are out of the melting pot.

Would you even recognize me, because of my bad grammar here at ATS? Would you recognize me because of my black hair? Or would you let me in, because of my blond hair?

Do you have no Muslims in Murica? So why do you insult them in every second post? Don't you have any respect to anybody?

Are you simply ignorant or are you a threat to anybody who is not a WASP? How does your black neighbor feel about this? Black is not PC? So you have no black neighbors?

Get along! Nothing happened here. Just another not white person was killed by accident.

Fat guy Willy will come and castrate the young Nafris. Susannah will give him a hand.

God shave America! Allah may help him!
edit on 22-1-2016 by Siddharta because: guess

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

When it comes to illegal guns in the US that goes to the amount of gangs that we have, yes US is nation where violence tends to be high.

But guns related death are not even in the top 12 main killers of Americans a year.

But because is a big anti gun campaign going on you will think
it is.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Siddharta

Whoa. You've been on ATS too long. Your brain has wandered into a dark place. We're not that bad.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

You are not, but the most of ATS are. ;-)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Interesting. So this is used by posters like NeoSpartan to write the vast majority of murders are committed with illegally owned guns, by criminals, not by legal owners. and is said without these official statistics?

I'd prefer you speak to me directly if you have some sort of beef.

There are more ways to come to this conclusion.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpartan

What of this is so secret that you need a private audience?

Are you waving the white flagg?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

If America was allowed to be a Christian theocracy, the same thing would happen here. Not to the same extent, but it would happen. There are already health organizations not required to fill a woman's needs because of religion. And the Christian Right is fighting to have even more power in denying women's rights.

That is incorrect. No one is allowed to deny women's rights in the US without repercussions. What these folks are doing is asserting their own rights not to be forced into what they find to be morally reprehensible. They are not denying anyone's rights, they are just saying those people have to exercise their rights elsewhere, with someone else.

The dictum is that "your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins".

Any attempt to force them into committing what they believe to be morally reprehensible is just another form of "rape". Freedom sucks when everyone is supposed to have it, rather than just the chosen few on one's own side, eh?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Siddharta
a reply to: marg6043

You call yourself a happy latina. So all your bad talking is also meant against your own kinship?

Who else could be meant by refugees in the USA? You did not take too many Syrians yet but you have to deal with Latinos everyday.

Traitor on your own people?

Marg is an American, Being a Latina is just a subset. I find it interesting that she hasn't made her race an issue, but you have. We have a word over here for folks who make race an issue - can you guess what it is?

Marg's "own people" are the rest of us - Americans. It's not "treason" that she would stand to defend us against invasion. Actually, that's kinda the opposite of treason...

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu

originally posted by: Annee

If America was allowed to be a Christian theocracy, the same thing would happen here. Not to the same extent, but it would happen. There are already health organizations not required to fill a woman's needs because of religion. And the Christian Right is fighting to have even more power in denying women's rights.

That is incorrect. No one is allowed to deny women's rights in the US without repercussions.

There is a big "IF" at the beginning of my post.

And please, don't lecture me on women's rights. I'm just shy of 70 and know about fighting for those rights.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Apologies. It was a lecture on "rights" in general, not specifically "women's rights", which is sort of oxymoronic - rights are rights, and have no gender. Singling out a right and applying it only to one subset of people removes it from the realm of rights - it makes that subset "more human" than the rest of us (because they have "rights" we do not and cannot have, by virtue of our being "other"). A "right" that applies to only a special person is no right at all - it is a privilege.

Furthermore, rights are not "fought for" - that implies that they can be issued to you by someone else. Rights simply exist, and it is up to the individual to exercise them or not... but failure to exercise them does not make them go away, in the same way that they cannot be issued to the individual by someone else.

Issued "rights" are, again, actually mere privileges, subject to revocation in the same way as they were issued.

edit on 2016/1/22 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join