It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cologne Imam Says ‘Things Will Happen’ If Women Wear Perfume And Dress Half-Naked

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: KarmaComa
a reply to: infolurker

hahahaha
I live in Cologne. Carnaval is in 2 weeks... I dare this idiot to show up in the streets and say it again to the people's face!

Karma, would you mind giving us your perspective on what the political environment is like there now?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The real problem here is the political correctness of the German society. German people are still punishing themselves for being so bad during WW2.
Things are changing slowly, but it is still difficult to get this imam punished for racist and anti-human speech.
Saying anything against this imam would be regarded as islamophobic and anti-everything.

On the other hand people are beginning to stand up since the disastrous sylverster night.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

As an introduction: I live (work and pay my taxes) in Cologne, but I am not German. This helps me to have an "outside" view to what is happening here.
I was also not in Cologne during the "events", I was back at home in France.

Traditionally German people would simply bow their head and accept such events, to avoid being called nazis.
However the Cologne events took such a scale (500+ women complaints!) that people are starting to speak up.

However, they still speak with quite a low voice.
The politicians, who have been caught red-handed lying to the people are reacting in quite different ways. Anglea Merkel (Germany chancellor) is toughing up against refugees who would break the law (but she only speaks, no real action).
In Cologne the media speak about a few police operations/raids, but nothing big is happening.

The real test will be carnaval (4th to 10th February), where literally thousands of people pour in the street to celebrate.
Usually carnaval is a big party without any issue (apart from a few drunken fights).
I have been attending every carnaval for the past 10 years, going to "ground zero" (Zülpicher Platz), where the students party. Everybody is quite heavily intoxicated, and still absolutely no issue, you can talk to people, loook at the sexy girls, there are not dirty moves from everyone.
This carnaval will be the test: is the police going to properly up their game? Are we going to see some extreme right militias? Are we going to get lots of trouble from some refugees? Will everything happen as usual?
As a side note, I will be there, 4th Feb afternoon, costumed and partying.

Coming back to Cologne environment, things are pretty quiet I must say - quite impressive to me.
Same thing in France could have kicked off some heavy demonstrations/riots...

To end up, regarding my point of view towards all this: I am absolutely happy to welcome refugees and help them (remember, I work and pay taxes in Germany). But then society should not forgive any criminal acts, refugees or not.
I am also mad at the politicians, who have been hiding these events from us.

For info, the sports hall of my daughter's school is filled with refugees. Once again I am totally happy to help those people who are feeling war & death. But to be honest, following the sylvester events, I am a bit worried.
My daughter tells me the refugees never come to the school.
Also, it seems all the refugee kids are receiving daily German lessons in a part of the school -> that I find good and absolutely necessary.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
The question surely is not racism here, is that what you think this is about?

The degree of attention being focused upon Muslims (certainly not all 'brown' people, but you might get an argument around here about who is considered 'white') without any consideration of the larger questions...as I have pointed out...certainly betrays something akin to racism. Cui bono?
edit on 22-1-2016 by JohnnyCanuck because: punctuation matters, eh?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Who profits? Is that all we have to ask? Ok who benefits then: From social discord who benefits? From suffering and pain who benefits?
I have another Latin phrase for you: Bis dat qui cito dat. Think about that with what follows.

From the spread of Islam who benefits?

It does not matter who we think benefits, only who actually does, so my question to you is who benefits from the spread of Islam into western society? Whoever benefits they are surely striking while the iron is hot as it were.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

From the spread of Islam who benefits?

From the hatred and intolerance of Islam...who benefits? From fear of The Other...who benefits? It's not that tough a concept.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
That should piss women off enough to vote for Trump.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Concerning carnival
I don't think the german men will be caught off guard at carnival. I think the police will be.

I expect street brawls. germans will find that group unity that white people usually only find when their football team is playing.

Who benefits from this migrant influx? the US empire. It keeps the EU from unifying into a more american style union. it keeps european countries under US influence.
France, Germany, austria, czech republic, the low countries combined would be a strong enough country to shed any outside influence.
edit on 22-1-2016 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

. . . who benefits from the spread of Islam into western society?

Well aren't you superior.

The radical and misbehaved are in every culture.

So are the good, loving, peaceful, etc.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: KarmaComa

Thanks for your perspective. I hope Carnival will go smoothly, and if not, let's hope the situation will be quickly controlled, unlike the other. Stay safe and please continue posting with updates. It's always good to have the thoughts of a person who is actually there.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Who benefits from this migrant influx? the US empire. It keeps the EU from unifying into a more american style union. it keeps european countries under US influence

Good luck getting that ridiculous conspiracy theory off the ground. The US wants the EU to be strong. NEEDS the EU to be strong. The UK usually does things before we do. In many ways, they lead us.

Your theory is nutz.

edit on 1/22/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

thank you

I also hope (and even believe that Carnaval) will be a good moment as usual.
Will keep you posted!

Alaaf!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Siddharta
It is obvious that the words of one single Muslim cause a Muslim hate here on ATS that is beyond every sense.
The Imam said that he tried to explain what happened to Russian Ren-TV, but that he was not of the opinion that women in Germany should not wear the clothes they want and not use perfume.

He stated now:

"Das war für einige Nordafrikaner Anlass, die Frauen zu begrapschen. Das heißt aber nicht, dass ich glaube, dass Frauen sich nicht so kleiden dürfen. Jeder hat das zu akzeptieren. Und wem das nicht passt, der muss in ein anderes Land gehen. Das ist die Wahrheit."

Translation: "That was the reason for some North Africans to grope these women. But this does not mean, that I think that the women should not dress like that. Everybody has to accept this. And whom this does not appeal, he then must go to another country. That is the truth."

Take his actual statement as backpedaling or be aware that Russian media are bombarding the world with false "facts" about the immigrants in Germany right now on a daily base.

Nevertheless this is not worth such attention. If our cardinale would say such nonsense the world would not even notice his words. And we had some stupid statements from our cadinales in the past.

Die Welt

This is what he says now. This is damage control.

This doesn't change what he said originally.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpartan
I said, take it as backpedaling, if you want. Obviously you want to.

@KarmaComa: Hi, neighbor! Now there are two of us correspondants from Köln. Let's see how the two of us live to see the things happening on the street. Happy Karneval!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KarmaComa

Well perhaps you will be able to make some money selling pepper spray to women so they can protect themselves during the carnival,

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpartan

I agree it sounds soo much like damage control due to the fact that the incident is generating a lot of attention all over the world specially here in the US where the government tried to hide the Muslim immigrant gang rapes that has been going on too. Now people are searching for rapes here in the US and they are finding that it happens too.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

And for you I hope that the whole immigrants story goes down the drain so you can celebrate on and on.

I didn't see anybody who likes it as much as you do.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Siddharta

I don't celebrate on the misery of my fellow human beings, even in this time and age women are still persecuted, executed, put in slavery and treated like reproductive animals in some parts of the world, because some religious groups think that their god give the males the right to do so.

No, no celebration on the misery that still have hold in some cultures in this world.

I am glad that I don't need pepper spray for protection, thankfully I carry a gun in my car, I live in America after all.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
No doubt. You live in Murica.

I live in Cologne, the one city which is full of islamist rapists. And I can tell you I don't need no gun as long as I don't have to deal with people like you. All the others may be a pain in the ass sometimes. But right now no guns are needed.

So I hope you never ask for asylum here, because you think your president is a Muslim.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
I am glad that I don't need pepper spray for protection, thankfully I carry a gun in my car, I live in America after all.

Yes your right, you live in a country were someone is 10x more likely to be murdered than someone who lives in Germany. Looks like you need that gun.... mainly to protect you from the other gun owners since a significant proportion of these murders are through firearms.

edit on 22 1 2016 by Debunkology because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join