It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2,986 Shooting Victims in Gun-Controlled Chicago During 2015

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp
a reply to: xuenchen

Naturally, Obama wants to bring this success rate to the rest of the country.

By adding universal background checks for all in the up coming executive orders we should have the problem solved. Oh, I forgot...more gun free zones, that'll do it !

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Chicago doesn't have a gun control problem. We have a feral young black male problem. This is the third rail that no one wants to bring up. Blaming gun control is an easy way to deflect away from what is really going on. There has been a complete collapse of black culture and family structure in the inner cities. This is replicated in every major urban area across the US.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
The guns are not the problem. Nobody wants to address why they are killing in the first place.

If it's not the guns...

It's the poverty, or mental trauma of growing up a product of environment in a gang ridden WarZone...
Or both???

No let me guess... Skin colour?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Poor persons living in urban areas (43.9 per 1,000) had violent victimization rates similar to poor persons living in rural areas (38.8 per 1,000).
Poor urban blacks (51.3 per 1,000) had rates of violence similar to poor urban whites (56.4 per 1,000).

It appears urban whites have a higher rate of violence.
edit on 2-1-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

www.usnews.com...
www.washingtontimes.com...
www.factcheck.org...
www.washingtonpost.com...

The crime rate would not be higher, as you can see in the four articles I have posted the statistics say the exact opposite. Criminals are basically cowards if they see a gun on their potential victims, or think that the victim is carrying concealed, they will go find an easier target (I.E. someone without a gun). That is why your mass shootings happen in "Gun free/safe zones". The law abiding gun owners do not bring their guns into the area the criminals will.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Poor persons living in urban areas (43.9 per 1,000) had violent victimization rates similar to poor persons living in rural areas (38.8 per 1,000).
Poor urban blacks (51.3 per 1,000) had rates of violence similar to poor urban whites (56.4 per 1,000).

You'd have to break those stats out further to have any real meaning. Even in rural areas, there are actually black neighborhoods where the same pathologies exist. So at a macro level, the stats would say "rural" but at a micro level, it is basically the same sh*t going on in the larger cities.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Nope. Not even close.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

The media does not create or vote on policy. We need something a bit more substantive.

Duh,
But they PROMOTE the hell out of policy exactly like they are scripted to by the WH press secretary.

That's a conspiracy angle that cannot be proven and I try not to delve in to such things.

Prove that and then we can talk.

Google Connie Chung She was fired after going on air and telling America that they can't broadcast anything unless it is approved first by the White House.

So far your responses show why the problem is not, and has never been addressed honestly anyways, due to a similar dismissal of how the system works and is being controlled by authority, just like the MSM makes sure continues in status quo fashion. But it's all just a conspiracy, so let's watch the same failures continue forever. Learn to think inside the box, and later outside the box, and THEN we can talk.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Nope. Not even close.

I provided stats from the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Do you dispute those statistics? Can you provide a more appropriate breakdown of the stats as you would consider acceptable?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Police involved shootings 2015:

9 people killed / 16 wounded

The police are overwhelmed.

heyjackass

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

The media does not create or vote on policy. We need something a bit more substantive.

Duh,
But they PROMOTE the hell out of policy exactly like they are scripted to by the WH press secretary.

That's a conspiracy angle that cannot be proven and I try not to delve in to such things.

Prove that and then we can talk.

Google Connie Chung She was fired after going on air and telling America that they can't broadcast anything unless it is approved first by the White House.

So far your responses show why the problem is not, and has never been addressed honestly anyways, due to a similar dismissal of how the system works and is being controlled by authority, just like the MSM makes sure continues in status quo fashion. But it's all just a conspiracy, so let's watch the same failures continue forever. Learn to think inside the box, and later outside the box, and THEN we can talk.

So you can't prove the conspiracy. Ok.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Yes yes yes. It's gotta be racism.

It's not guns. Most gun owners are not shooting people in the streets.
It's not poverty. Every state and town has poor people who are not shooting people in the streets.

It's stupid people killing each other for generation after generation and not figuring out that killing is a bad idea.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

a reply to: Vroomfondel

I agree, but I don't believe gun control issues are what we need to focus on to stop crime and violence. It is my personal opinion that economic issues and education would play a better role in taking-away the need to commit crime in the first place.

I can not and will not say that education and economics do not have a part in this. They do. But I do not believe they are even close to primary cause for the rate of violence.

I was in the city with a friend I hadn't seen in a while. We were standing on a corner waiting to cross the street. There was a kid, probably around ten years old, on the other side of the street kicking a rock down the sidewalk as he jogged behind it. He wasn't looking where he was going and ran into a light pole. My friend started to laugh and pointed at the kid. The kid stopped and looked at us. I said, "Shut up and look away, now..." My friend was still laughing and said, "Didn't you see that kid? He ran right into that pole." I told my friend yes, I saw him, and he sees us, and if you make fun of him he might shoot at us for it.

It never entered my friends mind. And it would probably be so for most people. Unless you see this and live with it and understand it. Then you know better. That is the mentality and the method by which these children are being raised. A gun = respect. If someone disrespects you - shoot them. There is no respect for life. Life is just a thing you steal from people who make you angry. Its that simple.

It will take generations of education to change the way these children are being raised, or more accurately, not being raised. If you offered a job to every gang banger in the city the only reason any of them would take it would be to get inside and rob the place. They have wads of cash in their pockets and drive nicer cars than I could ever afford. On paper they are broke, have no job, no income, nothing. And for some of them, that may actually be the case. But do not mistake the fact that they are impoverished on paper with believing they have no money and no influence. They do.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You will need to stop doing this first.

If you can stop that action, I can prove to you a wide host of truths.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

If it was that simple why not just blame education.

Why say it's something "no one will mention"???
You left us to guess, so I guessed.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Nope. Not even close.

I provided stats from the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Do you dispute those statistics? Can you provide a more appropriate breakdown of the stats as you would consider acceptable?

A rural vs inner city comparison is misleading for the reasons I stated. For that stat to have any meaning as it related to my point, you'd need to show the racial break down of the rural violence compared to inner city violence. Secondly, as I also pointed out, just being rural does not mean "white". There are plenty of rural areas where there are still neighborhoods that are black and just like in inner cities, this is where much of the violence occurs.

In Chicago, 80% of gun shot victims are black. These stats hold constant across most major cities.

The per capita violent crime rate is no where near the same when comparing whites to blacks.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Have you lived your entire life in the UK? If so, perhaps you may be misguided in your assessment of what it is like to live in an "urban" setting in the States.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Those stats are victims, not perpetrators. Yes, white people in poor urban areas are more likely to experience violence than black people in the same area. If it were the other way around, rahm and obama would call it hate crime.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Bluntone22

If it was that simple why not just blame education.

Why say it's something "no one will mention"???
You left us to guess, so I guessed.

They've been addressing education around here for decades already.

It has failed and people are getting killed.

They've been addressing poverty and health too.

All full-failures.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I said nobody wants to talk about the reason behind the killings. Instead they just want to blame guns.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join