It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2,986 Shooting Victims in Gun-Controlled Chicago During 2015

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Sad stats.
Don't expect liberals to pay any attention to them. They'll just make excuses...or ignore them.

Let's address the issue. Bring ideas to the table.

Taking low-blows at your political adversaries does not produce results.

Since the 1930s, Chicago has tried every conceivable idea.

Every conceivable idea has failed and caused increases in crime and poverty.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Having strict gun laws in just one state, which is surrounded by states with very lax gun laws, just creates a black market where the price of a gun is highly inflated. Which then obviously gives a huge incentive to organized crime to import more guns into the state from surrounding states, due to the huge profit margin... this isn't rocket science people, just basic commonsense.

Gun violence will always be a huge problem in the US until commonsense gun laws are enacted on a federal level.

But what do I know? Everyone just needs more guns right? I'm sure that'll solve the problem... lol.
edit on 2-1-2016 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildb
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I am saying historically gun control has killed 100's of millions..

There is no gun control in Chicago. The laws say one thing, but you can get a firearm easily.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Sad stats.
Don't expect liberals to pay any attention to them. They'll just make excuses...or ignore them.

Since the 1930s, Chicago has tried every conceivable idea.

Every conceivable idea has failed and caused increases in crime and poverty.

Ok, so what is your solution?

We can't just burn the city down and start over. Solutions must be presented.

link   

Ok thanks for clarifying, wild.

Yes, it has.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Vroomfondel

How would you explain the criminal acts of big banks and their billion dollar schemes?

Greed.

That is quite different than crime of poverty.

The amount of people impoverished in Chicago, only a city, is almost half that of the entire population of the neighboring state of Iowa.

You don't see a problem there? Why would you steal a loaf of bread when you can kill someone for their gold chain, pawn it and feed yourself for a month?

Poverty is the issue.

Actually, greed and poverty are two places on the same scale. Both think they should have more than they do. And both are willing to commit crime to get it.

There are a lot of poor people who do not commit crime. More than those who do. If you had any idea at all what you were talking about, you would stop now. But that isn't going to happen is it...

You should see the thugs you are talking about first hand, up close and personal, like I do. Remember, I live here. These guys have gold chains falling out their butts, which are permanently exposed for the world to see. They have grills and bling and air jordans for every day of the week. You give them a gold chain to pawn, they wont buy bread with it. They will buy another gun. obama feeds the kids for them. As long as momma keeps having babies the family gets a raise every year. That is the mentality and there is no job that will change that.

You really have no idea what you are talking about. Honestly, its not just disliking you. You really have no clue.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Wouldn't have mattered.

The gun crimes are all with illegal guns.

The crime areas are super-saturated and always have been.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

Sad stats.

LOL!!!!

Ummmkayyy!

Can you not see the irony at all?

lol

Are you interested in a solution, or is this just going to be another thread where we play the same ole game of political back and forth? This issue goes beyond politics, but I see that some cannot get past that.

Point must have been lost on you my friend....I'm trying to get beyond the same ole game. I'm sick to death of it...perhaps the message got lost upon delivery somehow...

I'm sick to #ing death of the same ol' same ol'...

Status #ing quo doesn't work anymore...I know that.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

The media does not create or vote on policy. We need something a bit more substantive.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
So I guess was a no go then.
Chicago Crime Rate Drops As Concealed Carry Applications Surge

So does this mean your pro gun ??

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

There is no gun control in Chicago. The laws say one thing, but you can get a firearm easily.

You finally said it. Chicago is a legislated "gun free zone". And you see that this kind of legislation does not stop criminals from getting guns. It only stops law abiding citizens. That is why the law abiding citizens get so mad every time some lack wit says we need tougher gun laws and more gun control. The only people it affects are the people willing to obey the laws and that is not who the laws need to be directed at. When someone proposes a way to take guns away from criminals they will have my vote. But when everything they say and do is dedicated at targeting law abiding citizens I will fight it tooth and nail, as should every person who has an interest in this battle.
edit on 2-1-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

...all...

I fully disagree with that.

We have illegal guns in the Uk too...

We don't have 3000 murders per year.

Find something else to blame.

Like the amount of guns available.
Or your terrible mental health services.

You can agree with those. They're both big government failures.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Having strict gun laws in just one state, which is surrounded by states with very lax gun laws, just creates a black market where the price of a gun is highly inflated. Which then obviously gives a huge incentive to organized crime to import more guns into the state from surrounding states, due to the huge profit margin... this isn't rocket science people, just basic commonsense.

Gun violence will always be a huge problem in the US until commonsense gun laws are enacted on a federal level.

But what do I know? Everyone just needs more guns right? I'm sure that'll solve the problem... lol.

If the lax gun laws of surrounding states caused crime then why don't those states have high crime rates? If the availability of guns caused crime, then all the crime in Illinois would be down state away from Chicago. Instead we have the opposite. What does that tell you?

The availability of guns does not cause crime. The violence is caused by high concentrations of poverty and cultural dysfunction in which people believe violence solves their problems. It really is that simple.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I agree, but I don't believe gun control issues are what we need to focus on to stop crime and violence. It is my personal opinion that economic issues and education would play a better role in taking-away the need to commit crime in the first place.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

The media does not create or vote on policy. We need something a bit more substantive.

Duh,
But they PROMOTE the hell out of policy exactly like they are scripted to by the WH press secretary.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Highlights:

For the period 2008–12—
Persons in poor households at or below the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) (39.8 per 1,000) had more than double the rate of violent victimization as persons in high-income households (16.9 per 1,000).
Persons in poor households had a higher rate of violence involving a firearm (3.5 per 1,000) compared to persons above the FPL (0.8–2.5 per 1,000).
The overall pattern of poor persons having the highest rates of violent victimization was consistent for both whites and blacks. However, the rate of violent victimization for Hispanics did not vary across poverty levels.
Poor Hispanics (25.3 per 1,000) had lower rates of violence compared to poor whites (46.4 per 1,000) and poor blacks (43.4 per 1,000).
Poor persons living in urban areas (43.9 per 1,000) had violent victimization rates similar to poor persons living in rural areas (38.8 per 1,000).
Poor urban blacks (51.3 per 1,000) had rates of violence similar to poor urban whites (56.4 per 1,000).

www.bjs.gov...

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Chicago's criminals already have guns.
Police confiscate guns on the street, but have never prosecute those individuals.
Most shootings are blacks killing blacks, or as we say in Chicago, a win-win scenario.

We are asking weapons to be placed in the trained hands of the good citizens of Chicago to deter the bad guys and act as a police force multiplier, when necessary.

After 50 years of living in Chicago, I'm glad I'm gone. Now live in the second safest city in the USA in the San Diego area and have my conceal carry permits covering 39 states.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Duh,
But they PROMOTE the hell out of policy exactly like they are scripted to by the WH press secretary.

That's a conspiracy angle that cannot be proven and I try not to delve in to such things.

Prove that and then we can talk.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The guns are not the problem. Nobody wants to address why they are killing in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join